Stranger Things Season 3

Lunamor

Warning, massive spoilers ahead for season three of Stranger Things.

I finished Stranger Things and now I really need to know what people thing of “the American” from the post credits scene (and the rest of the season in general. But specifically this :P). I personally think that it is someone like Dr. Brenner, but I really hope that it isn’t the case because Hopper’s (presumed) death broke my heart. Can’t Joyce just have a happy ending for once?!

11 hours ago, Lunamor said:

Warning, massive spoilers ahead for season three of Stranger Things.

I finished Stranger Things and now I really need to know what people thing of “the American” from the post credits scene (and the rest of the season in general. But specifically this :P). I personally think that it is someone like Dr. Brenner, but I really hope that it isn’t the case because Hopper’s (presumed) death broke my heart. Can’t Joyce just have a happy ending for once?!

On one hand I hope it is Hopper too, but the whole reason the Russians went to America was because they couldn't open it from where they were. I think the demogorgon they have is a demodog they grabbed during the events of season 2 and let it grow up. If that is the case, then the American is more likely to be Dr. Brenner. But I do not think that would close the possibility of Hopper still popping up. Who knows. Maybe Brenner knows the trick to get it to work in Russia, enabling Hopper to come out there. Though if the new fissure pops up in Russia, how are our main cast going to make it all the way over to Russia in a convincing narrative fashion? Does the government pick them up? Seems kinda a stretch to me. So I really have no clue where they will go in the new season. 

On 7/20/2019 at 10:52 PM, Lord Furret said:

Do you guys know about the secret voicemail? If you call 618-625-8313 (Murray's number, which Hopper said out loud) you get a secret voicemail message thing from him.

For those curious...

Voicemail:

"Hi. You have reached the residence of Murray Bauman. Mom, if this is you, please hang up and call me between the hours of five and six p.m. as previously discussed. Okay? And if this is Joyce, Joyce, thank you for calling. I've been trying to reach you. I have an update. It's about — well, it's probably best if we speak in person, it's not good or bad but it's something. And if this is anyone but my mother or Joyce, well, you think you're real clever getting my number don't you? Well, here's some breaking news for you. You're not clever. You're not special. You are simply one of the many, many nimwits to call here, and the closest you'll ever get to me is this pre-recorded message. So, at the beep, do me a favor. Hang up and never call here again. You are a parasite. Thank you and good day!"