The Glasses Group

I looked it up and I think I spent about four hours catching up to the most recent post.

Also I hate my glasses. They warp my vision on the edges, and the nose rest, thing leaves indentations on my nose. And they get dirty. But then again, they saved my eyeballs from that kayak paddle so...

Edited by FatherTiempo

9 minutes ago, FatherTiempo said:

Also I hate my glasses. They warp my vision on the edges, and the nose rest, thing leaves indentations on my nose. And they get dirty. But then again, they saved my eyeballs from that kayak paddle so...

Your nose rests need adjusting, then. If you have your own repair kit or just a pair of pliers you can do it to your liking at home. Edge warping is more complicated and there might be a deformity within the glass itself. Might be good to check that out.

17 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

I’m a middle school teacher.

I’m loving Paranatural so far!!!!

Yay! Do you want to be added to the PM? 

13 minutes ago, FatherTiempo said:

I looked it up and I think I spent about four hours catching up to the most recent post.

In Paranatural? Yes, the fan-plague is spreading! Do you want to be added? 

2 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Your nose rests need adjusting, then. If you have your own repair kit or just a pair of pliers you can do it to your liking at home. 

Or just with your hands, I do that all the time :P

14 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Your nose rests need adjusting, then. If you have your own repair kit or just a pair of pliers you can do it to your liking at home. Edge warping is more complicated and there might be a deformity within the glass itself. Might be good to check that out.

The impressions aren't deep or painful. I think it's just because I wear them alot. It's not the wire thingy in the middle, but the plastic pad thingies. They go away after about an hour? The warping is uniform enough that I just think it's because the glasses have such a high prescription.

I fear it is to late to be saved. I've been sucked in, despite its ambiguous theology. 

Edited by FatherTiempo

29 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Or just with your hands, I do that all the time :P

I used to do that. Can't anymore, since now I have sausage fingers.

21 minutes ago, FatherTiempo said:

The impressions aren't deep or painful. I think it's just because I wear them alot. It's not the wire thingy in the middle, but the plastic pad thingies. They go away after about an hour? The warping is uniform enough that I just think it's because the glasses have such a high prescription.

Frequency of wearing is a possibility, yeah. I know it's the nose pads, though, and I suggested adjusting them because they're probably rubbing due to your motions and/or sweat, which might be partially alleviated with small angle adjustments.

Yeah the strong prescription might cause a rimmed effect. Kind of weird, though, not gonna lie. 

1 hour ago, Eluvianii said:

The last few posts in this thread have made me spent the last two days procrastinating and wondering what I will do with my life when I catch up on that comic.

I relate to this so much. Want me to add you to the PM? 

• 7 months later...

Does anyone else just not notice when their glasses get dusty or whatever unless it’s a big spot? I’ve had my mom go “They’re so dirty!” so many times where I’m seeing out of them just fine. 

I was so happy to get to 40 yrs old without wearing glasses because 20/20, and then a year later had to start wearing one when reading or working.

I noticed that my clients take me more seriously though, when I wear them in a meeting. And video tutorials I make while wearing them seem to get more traction. I'm farsighted and everything three feet away is a bit blurry with glasses, but business comes first. 

Doctor said I should just wear progressives if I'm tired of removing them when I don't need them, or lowering them just to be able to see clearly. I find that I'm liking the action of holding one side of it to lower and peering at say, an employee trying to make excuses. It's very intimidating and appeals to my slightly bossy side. 

Also sexy librarian feels. Can't do that without glasses.