The Glasses Group

As a person who has tried contacts, I can assure you that glasses have many advantages.

First off, you're not as exposed. Things thrown at your eyes are deflected before they hit you.

Secondly, do you know how many things could grow on a contact lens and harm your eye? There are lots of things that can go wrong. Eyes were not designed to be poked. There is a reason you blink when anything comes too close.

Thirdly, less hassle. Glasses you can just put on your face. Contacts take washing hands, dealing with solution...and then you can't even fall asleep because your eyes need to breathe!

Fourthly, your eyes need to have access to oxygen. Contacts prevent that. And sure, they make them so it won't be as harmful, but you still can't sleep in them. If that's not a sign of something bad being narrowly avoided, I don't know what is.

Fifthly, astigmatism. Contacts don't help with that, unless they're toric and even then can't solve the issue perfectly because of how they work. They don't offer perfect vision for all.

Sixthly, and finally, I don't know about anyone else, but I love my blurry vision. That might seem strange, but it's true. I like seeing the world a way that probably no one else does.Wearing contacts...that's like saying I didn't want anyone to know about that--hiding the fact that I don't see the world in the same boring way people with "better" vision do.  My fuzziness is different from your fuzziness and you'll never get to experience it exactly the same way.

17 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

*exerts superior-ness by looking everybody in the eye and flaunting my contacts*

*looks Truthless in the eye right back, flaunting her glasses*

1 hour ago, Silva said:

As a person who has tried contacts, I can assure you that glasses have many advantages.

First off, you're not as exposed. Things thrown at your eyes are deflected before they hit you.

Secondly, do you know how many things could grow on a contact lens and harm your eye? There are lots of things that can go wrong. Eyes were not designed to be poked. There is a reason you blink when anything comes too close.

Thirdly, less hassle. Glasses you can just put on your face. Contacts take washing hands, dealing with solution...and then you can't even fall asleep because your eyes need to breathe!

Fourthly, your eyes need to have access to oxygen. Contacts prevent that. And sure, they make them so it won't be as harmful, but you still can't sleep in them. If that's not a sign of something bad being narrowly avoided, I don't know what is.

Fifthly, astigmatism. Contacts don't help with that, unless they're toric and even then can't solve the issue perfectly because of how they work. They don't offer perfect vision for all.

Sixthly, and finally, I don't know about anyone else, but I love my blurry vision. That might seem strange, but it's true. I like seeing the world a way that probably no one else does.Wearing contacts...that's like saying I didn't want anyone to know about that--hiding the fact that I don't see the world in the same boring way people with "better" vision do.  My fuzziness is different from your fuzziness and you'll never get to experience it exactly the same way.

1. True

2. Probably true, but it’s never happened to me or anyone I know yet:P

3. The hassle part is unfortunately very true... it only takes about a minute though

4. Also true

5. I actually have astigmatism, but my contacts work fine. They definitely offer the best vision, for me at least, and I’ve never noticed a problem with blurriness.

6. Huh, I’d never really thought of my vision like that! That’s really neat, thanks for giving me that view! Personally, I just wear contacts because I literally can’t read anything over about 5 feet or so in front of my face, and I just like not having anything on my face.

Eye think that I see what you mean now. Your viewpoint has let me become your pupil, and I can’t think of any more eye puns.

I wear contacts sometimes and glasses sometimes. Depends on if I feel like getting them in and if I'm going to a 3D movie or swimming or something.

Also can people share their prescriptions if they know them? I'm always curious. 

• 2 months later...

I wear glasses, and I have an additional anti-contacts argument to add.

On 7/21/2019 at 7:29 AM, Silva said:

glasses push.jpg

Edited by blackout8444