Era 2 war

Karger

2 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

But again the metal is denser, and the objects are much much much smaller. Coupled with the tank being metal and viewed as one whole thing by the lurcher unless he or she was a savant. So again, I do not think it is feasible. 

I am not sure that WoB is applicable in this scenario do you not think that the lurcher can push in a specific direction for example.  The goal is to look past the armor not do anything to it.

38 minutes ago, Karger said:

I am not sure that WoB is applicable in this scenario do you not think that the lurcher can push in a specific direction for example.  The goal is to look past the armor not do anything to it.

I think it is very applicable. The lurcher sees a giant line to the tank surrounding him or her because it is seen as one giant thing of metal. The lurcher in my opinion would be unable to see any other lines to bits of metal flying outside the tank, nonetheless pull on them due to being weakened to the point of uselessness by the tank's armor. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2019 at 1:56 PM, Bigmikey357 said:

The tank would of course have a view slit, like all tanks do. A Lurcher savant may eventually be able to dispense with the view slit altogether but even if that isn't possible I don't see a problem with the idea's viability.

Of course there is. The enemy will switch to explosive shells and your Lurchers will make sure that every shot is a hit.

On 8/3/2019 at 7:56 AM, Bigmikey357 said:

The tank would of course have a view slit, like all tanks do. A Lurcher savant may eventually be able to dispense with the view slit altogether but even if that isn't possible I don't see a problem with the idea's viability.

Personally a view slit would not change that the main line the lurcher would see would go to the surrounding tank, and not outside, and thereby be unable to pull on the metal bullets, due to as I already showed interference with the surrounding metal (the examples I gave with Wax). But to each their own. 

1 hour ago, Karger said:

Explosive shells are problematic.

If you have to make them so that they withstand being fired from a cannon and even have to be accurate enough to hit, yes. But the enemy is nice enough to ram anything vaguely flying true into his vehicle at accelerated speeds.

• Chaos locked this topic