Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Merrickz

How good are this forums theories?

16 posts in this topic

I've just been wondering how many times has this forum gotten theories about future Cosmere events correct and if so what points were they? There are obviously a lot of really awesome theories now about upcoming books and I wanted to know how many could be true

*** Possible Spoilers Depending on the Answers so Beware and Tag any just in case***

Thanks, Chapoids :D

I do know for a fact that this form has had some remarkably accurate theories.  Some one for example used clues in Way of Kings to figure out King Taravangian's secret.  I also know that this form produces some remarkably bad theories.  (Like my theory about Nightblood that can easily be disproved if you know the right WoB.)  Take from this what you will.

There's this WOB from a 2013 signing, that I've never been able to figure out, as I wasn't on the Shard at the time.

Joshstormblessed (paraphrased)

What is the stone that Gavilar gave to Szeth before he died?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Good question, there are clues to what it is. (I'm going to try to get this answer right) if you decode [Navani's notebook] in the beginning of The Way of Kings you will find some significant clues to what the stone is. The [notebook] has already been decoded over at the 17th shard but I've never confirmed that those clues are in fact there. So go tell the 17th shard I confirmed that and they will love you for it. 

By the way, if any old Sharders know what this is about, I am ravenous with curiosity.

10 hours ago, WhiteEmporer said:

There's this WOB from a 2013 signing, that I've never been able to figure out, as I wasn't on the Shard at the time.

By the way, if any old Sharders know what this is about, I am ravenous with curiosity.

I believe he was specifically referring to this which explains that trapping a Spren in a gemstone is how Fabrials work:

388px-Navani1.jpg

Edited by The Sovereign

We are pretty good, I think. We don´t get everything, but we defenitely do get a bunch of stuff. For example, I know that we did predict:

Spoiler

Tezim being Ishar

I know another famous one is that around 2011-2013ish(I’m not 100% on the exact year) the user Featherwriter predicted

Spoiler

The twist about Renarin in Oathbringer.

We also correctly figured out

Spoiler

what the black sphere is. ;)

14 minutes ago, Ripheus23 said:

We also correctly figured out

That has not been confirmed.

1 hour ago, Karger said:

That has not been confirmed.

Well one of the theories about it has to be correct, so someone on this forum is correct. We just don't know which one.

One potential measure of the goodness of theories on here are the WoBs asked by Sharders from on here.

Also, I have so far been successful atleast once. Quite literally.

Edited by TheFoxQR

11 hours ago, RShara said:

Well one of the theories about it has to be correct, so someone on this forum is correct. We just don't know which one.

Considering the number of theories on this form I am going to say that we are like 99% accurate.

58 minutes ago, Karger said:

Considering the number of theories on this form I am going to say that we are like 99% accurate.

I think you mean 99% inaccurate.  

1 hour ago, Karger said:

52 minutes ago, Scion of the Mists said:

Why not both?

1 hour ago, Scion of the Mists said:

7 minutes ago, Argent said:

Why not both?

13 hours ago, RShara said:

All of our theories will prove true at least in the sense that in book 12,315 of the saga, we will find out that characters throughout the series have entertained some form of all our theories off and on, all along.

On 7/19/2019 at 0:49 PM, Argent said:

Why not both?

Haha, right, it depends which interpretation you use to choose the denominator

I wouldn't be surprised if 99% of Brandon's twists are predicted in a post here somewhere, in someone's post, at some point... That is very different from saying 99% of all predictions posted here are correct!