About Navani's Parents

Yifyu

I've finished reading Stormlight Archive. But I still don't know who Navani's parents are. Well, I looked up the cpm. I think BS didn't write in the book. So, would it possible to have a Navani flashback in the future to know about who her parents are. I hope he write it in SA4.

1 hour ago, Yifyu said:

I've finished reading Stormlight Archive. But I still don't know who Navani's parents are. Well, I looked up the cpm. I think BS didn't write in the book. So, would it possible to have a Navani flashback in the future to know about who her parents are. I hope he write it in SA4.

Neither Navani nor Dalinar's parents have been mentioned by name in the entire Stromlight Archive.  However Navani is not currently set to have a flashback book of her own.  During an Oathbringer scene Navani mentions her mother had good days and bad days like she thinks Taravangian does now.  Good question.

Edited by Karger

They haven't been named but Navani mentions when Dalinar is very spaced out 

Spoiler

Because he was remembering Evi during one of the planning meetings during OB

that her father had a similar problem in later life. I took this as a reference to Alzheimer's 

I think we will get to see a lot of Navani's backstory through Jasnah's flashbacks. Remember 9 = Jasnah. Most likely in her early childhood she will mention her grandparents, if only offhandedly. The constant references from Navani about Jasnah being 30 at 5 are definitely going to play into her flashbacks.

1 minute ago, Yifyu said:

I think Jasnah's book might be 6 or 7 book.

Currently

1. The Way of Kings - Kaladin's flashbacks
  2. Words of Radiance - Shallan's flashbacks
  3. Oathbringer - Dalinar's flashbacks
  4. Stormlight Archive 4 - Eshonai's flashbacks[3]
  5. Stormlight Archive 5 - Szeth's flashbacks[3]
  6. Stormlight Archive 6 - Lift's flashbacks[4]
  7. Stormlight Archive 7 - Renarin's flashbacks[4]
  8. Stormlight Archive 8 - Shalash's flashbacks[4]
  9. Stormlight Archive 9 - Taln's flashbacks[4]
  10. Stormlight Archive 10 - Jasnah's flashbacks[4]

Although this might change

I suspect Jasnah's flashback story will take place between book 5 and 6. There's 10 years to cover between them and the stuff before Way of Kings won't be as relevant for what is currently planned as the last book of the series. Same with Lift: I'd be disappointed if we get her childhood story instead of her being awesome Edgedancer style in between the two 5 book arcs. (Although I guess both would be possible with a time skip in the middle.)

15 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Never even heard of it :-)

1 hour ago, Yifyu said:

Is Dark a fan fic?

Dark is a German TV show that is currently on US Netflix. It's got two seasons and a very complicated relationship web, and parentage isn't always clear. I highly recommend checking it out. It is a bit grim, and because it's Netflix where "anything" goes I'll also throw out a nudity warning (some, but not a lot) (i.e. don't watch it in public).

• Chaos locked this topic