aneonfoxtribute

Oathbringer Ghost Chapter

9 posts in this topic

Okay, so I spent the last, like, half an hour looking for a chapter in Oathbringer (mostly scrolling through the Oathbringer chapter summaries on Coppermind), and I could not for the life of me find it. It's the chapter where Wit and Shallan talk in private in Urithiru in the theater about Shallan's multiple personalities. I wanted to reread that chapter because it's really good, but it's hard to do that when you can't find it :P

7 minutes ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Okay, so I spent the last, like, half an hour looking for a chapter in Oathbringer (mostly scrolling through the Oathbringer chapter summaries on Coppermind), and I could not for the life of me find it. It's the chapter where Wit and Shallan talk in private in Urithiru in the theater about Shallan's multiple personalities. I wanted to reread that chapter because it's really good, but it's hard to do that when you can't find it :P

That is because you are confusing two different scenes.  One chapter is the girl who looked up and the other with Wit is the girl who stood up.

What @Karger wrote. Those are chapters 25 and 83, respectively.

Well, I didn't mix them up, I just forgot the details of the Wit scene. I knew there was a scene with Pattern in the theater where Shallan told the story, I just thought the Wit chapter also took place in the theater

Just now, aneonfoxtribute said:

Well, I didn't mix them up, I just forgot the details of the Wit scene. I knew there was a scene with Pattern in the theater where Shallan told the story, I just thought the Wit chapter also took place in the theater

No.  Wit as far as we know has never been to Urithiru.  I personally believe that he visited at some point in the past but that would have been some time ago.

I coulda swore Wit's first appearances was in Urithiru, but ig my memory is just bad. Ah well, thanks for the help

Wouldn't a better name for this thread be Oathbringer cognitive shadow chapter? Get it? Anyone? 

On 7/12/2019 at 6:48 PM, aneonfoxtribute said:

I coulda swore Wit's first appearances was in Urithiru, but ig my memory is just bad. Ah well, thanks for the help

You might be, and I could totally be off base, be confusing that with the scene with Mraize, where Shallan sees him impersonating a guard of Ialai. They step to the side and talk. Admittedly it has nothing to do with her personalities, but it does take place in Urithiru, and relatively early in the book. So maybe?

Posted (edited)

Nah. I did forget about Mraize's showing up in Urithiru beyond the end in WoR, but I don't think I confused it. I think I just assumed that both tellings of the Girl Who Looked Up were in the theater, and as a result assumed the scene took place in Urithiru. I do feel like I remember Wit's first appearance to Shallan being in Urithuru, not the capital, but I could just be confusing it with his actual first appearance which, if I recall, was outside of one of the Oathgate platforms. 

Edited by aneonfoxtribute