What is the Cutest thing in the Cosmere? Why?

Karger

I should point out that neither of the two pictures were drawn by me, for the first, credit goes to our very own FelCandy* & the second is sourced from here: https://mobile.twitter.com/ralfmelevo6/status/1039662720491171840

*Here's a link to more of her art: https://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/74435-fels-sketchbook-spoilers/

Okay, first off, I love how this thread is almost entirely positivity. Great thread. Overload of cuteness. 

Second, axehounds have been brought up, but so far no one’s stated them as the cutest - AND HELLO, THEY’RE ADORABLE :lol: 

Edited by AonEne
Typo

14 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Okay, first off, I love how this thread is almost entirely positivity. Great thread. Overload of cuteness. 

Second, axehounds have been brought up, but so far no one’s stated them as the cutest - AND HELLO, THEY’RE ADORABLE :lol: 

They're not even the cutest thing on Roshar, much less in the whole cosmere.

Larkins4Lyfe

3 minutes ago, Invocation said:

They're not even the cutest thing on Roshar, much less in the whole cosmere.

Larkins4Lyfe

Larkins are definitely adorable too, but we don’t have art of them - so the cutest image is axehounds. (Chull come a close second.) 

1 minute ago, AonEne said:

Larkins are definitely adorable too, but we don’t have art of them - so the cutest image is axehounds. (Chull come a close second.) 

(Larkins still win the thread though. Also, I forgot Elhokar had a paperweight made of a crystal-encased larkin corpse. Why.)

On 12/29/2019 at 1:38 AM, AonEne said:

Giant bugs?  To each their own of course but I just don't see it.

On 12/29/2019 at 1:59 AM, Invocation said:

(Larkins still win the thread though. Also, I forgot Elhokar had a paperweight made of a crystal-encased larkin corpse. Why.)

Because a larkin died and they wanted to preserve the body and had a soulcaster?

On 12/23/2019 at 8:23 PM, Elend Venture said:

Which reminds me, could Vin qualify for Cutest thing in the Cosmere?

Potentially.  I am sure Elend would think so.

2 hours ago, Ookla the Prolific said:

Giant bugs?  To each their own of course but I just don't see it. 

They’re...not bugs? They have crustacean features, but they’re their own species. Everything about them resembles a mammal much more than an insect, though of course they’re neither. Axehounds aren’t at all bugs though :D 

I’d have to go with nightblood, for he’s so hopeless

”I must destroy evil. It was what I was made to do.”

(pause)

”hey Vasher, what is evil”

and with Szeth he’s seen as something holy and he’s just as helpless.

I would also say rock bowing to syl and syl taking the worship full on. I love the “why don’t other people do this? I deserve to be a god.” Stuff too.

42 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Yeah but why. Why preserve the larkin

Because it is super valuable?

42 minutes ago, Invocation said:

At least if you're going to do that put it somewhere no one would turn it into a paperweight!

Shallan would never do that.  However rich people do stupid things.

39 minutes ago, Ookla the Prolific said:

Because it is super valuable?

Not dead! I think that would more make sure you'd never be able to acquire another one.

40 minutes ago, Ookla the Prolific said:

Shallan would never do that.  However rich people do stupid things.

Okay, fair enough, rich people do indeed do stupid things.

1 minute ago, Invocation said:

Not dead

Yep.  "Kings pay fortunes for a corpse of one."

2 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Okay, fair enough, rich people do indeed do stupid things.

One of the Cosmere's great constants.

Just now, Ookla the Prolific said:

Yep.  "Kings pay fortunes for a corpse of one."

But why were they were so valuable dead? There's no way the Investiture-eating continues post-mortem.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Prolific said:

One of the Cosmere's great constants.

And real life's.

14 minutes ago, Invocation said:

But why were they were so valuable dead? There's no way the Investiture-eating continues post-mortem.

Because they were incredibly rare and even considered to be extinct. And even having the corpse of a near mythical creature would elevate social status somewhat. Therefore, Larkins are valuable.

I must also say that the mandras with their many little nubblets as legs are also pretty darn cute. I mean, they look like those fuzzy little caterpillars! And they’re manifestations of luck (I think)! Ya can’t get much cuter than that, I must say.

and the anticipation spren. They happily follow anyone around with their little toung wobblers than manifest in the physical realm. They’re also cute!

Edited by Koloss17
Had to add anticipationspren