Karger

What is the Cutest thing in the Cosmere? Why?

38 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Karger said:

Sad face.  It is true.  None of the Cosmere heroes are dog people.  Same with the villains. 

Then they arent real Hero's! 

Also, Marsh is a Dog Person:

Badger (paraphrased)

Does Marsh like cats?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

He's more of a dog person (but fairly neutral towards cats). Kelsier is a cat person. Brandon himself is a cat person (he has a cat).

Phoenix Comic-Con 2016 (June 2, 2016)

And just to beat this horse to death in the name of our furry friends:

Brandon Sanderson

Vinuarch

Yes, one of the months of the year is named after Vin. There are twelve months, one after each member of the crew, with a few tweaks. (The days of the week have different names too, but we ended up not using any in this book.)

By the way, Scadrial—the world of Mistborn—is the closest Earth analogue in the cosmere. I did this intentionally, as I wanted one planet where technology and the like progressed similarly to what we have. There are distinctions, of course, but generally we've got a lot of similarities. Even in the original Mistborn, we referenced plants and animals by Earth-style names. You can assume that on Scadrial they have horses, dogs, cats, sparrows, and the like. There are twelve months, and a twenty-four-hour day. Gravity is earth gravity. Things like this.

There's no hidden meaning there—no tie back to Earth, at least not in any important way. The cosmere is entirely separate from Earth. This one planet, however, has creatures that were developed along the same lines as Earth. (Well, it's not the only one, but to say more would be to give away too much.)

The Alloy of Law Annotations (March 14, 2014)

Edited by Quantus

1 hour ago, Quantus said:

By the way, Scadrial—the world of Mistborn—is the closest Earth analogue in the cosmere. I did this intentionally, as I wanted one planet where technology and the like progressed similarly to what we have. There are distinctions, of course, but generally we've got a lot of similarities. Even in the original Mistborn, we referenced plants and animals by Earth-style names. You can assume that on Scadrial they have horses, dogs, cats, sparrows, and the like. There are twelve months, and a twenty-four-hour day. Gravity is earth gravity. Things like this.

But there are still no named dogs in the Cosmere.

16 minutes ago, Karger said:

But there are still no named dogs in the Cosmere.

Impossible, all dogs have a default Name of "Good Boy", "Good Girl", or "Good Puppy"  :D

23 minutes ago, Quantus said:

Impossible, all dogs have a default Name of "Good Boy", "Good Girl", or "Good Puppy"  :D

And where are they?  We know some exist on scadrial and that Vin killed one.  That is it.

9 minutes ago, Karger said:

And where are they?  We know some exist on scadrial and that Vin killed one.  That is it.

I...think Ive lost track of your train of thought here.  You said that there were no Non-Kandra Dogs in the Cosmere, which isnt true because they exist on Scadrial (and Roshar if you want to include their crustacean cousins the Axehounds).  You said that none of the characters where dog people, but we have WOB of at least one that is.  Then you said that there were no Named dogs.   Im not sure where you are going with this. Are you just pointing out that there hasnt been a plot-relevant dog character yet? I was just making Dog-lover jokes, but Im confused now :unsure:

9 minutes ago, Quantus said:

Then you said that there were no Named dogs.   Im not sure where you are going with this. Are you just pointing out that there hasnt been a plot-relevant dog character yet

Basically.  Or even a dog that we actually know anything about.

No :angry:

Edited by Karger

2 hours ago, Karger said:

No :angry:

Oh come on!  They are (by Rosharan standards) Cute, they have names, personalities, and at least one likes to play Fetch.  And they are even called "Hounds"!  If a parrot can be a chicken, an axehound can be a dog.  :P

Sorry to interrupt the raging dog debate, but I have been drawing a lot of zombie squirrels, and I think this is a pretty good design for Fallen Rope, the scourge of the Court of Gods:

FallenRope_HeadShots.jpg.ba07809ce61c60828b37a3d47a1cba67.jpg

Soon to appear in the Cosmere spinoff, The Squeaking Dead.

1 hour ago, Quantus said:

Oh come on!  They are (by Rosharan standards) Cute, they have names, personalities, and at least one likes to play Fetch.  And they are even called "Hounds"!  If a parrot can be a chicken, an axehound can be a dog.  :P

Its not the same.  Sulks.

On 7/15/2019 at 7:48 PM, First Witness said:

There are -a lot- of cute things.  One of my favorites though is when Vin idly starts petting TenSoon and TenSoon  responds "Mistress, I'm not sure how I feel about this."   I find it incredibly cute.  The budding friendship between an orphan and her immortal puppy.

How about a soonie pup signed by Brandon himself?

15634180139598674009545243812910.jpg

Nightblood is the cutest. He is simply happy to be alive and very enthusiastic about destroying evil. What's more adorable than a sentient sword, with an ego score that is insanely high, drains you of all your vitality, and wants to cleanse the world of all (debatably) evil things? Purpose and passion.