Crackpot: Rial is Thaidakar

Probably not true, but a fun thought. What if Rial is Thaidakar? He appears out of nowhere as a bridgeman who gets close to Dalinar. He also feels like potential worldhopper material, which fits for the lord of the Ghostbloods. I think it is pretty reasonable to assume that Thaidakar would want to keep an eye on Dalinar.

Also, dressing up as soldiers to get close to people is a certified Ghostblood tactic, tried and tested with great success by Mraize.

So, what do you think? 

18 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Probably not true, but a fun thought. What if Rial is Thaidakar? He appears out of nowhere as a bridgeman who gets close to Dalinar. He also feels like potential worldhopper material, which fits for the lord of the Ghostbloods. I think it is pretty reasonable to assume that Thaidakar would want to keep an eye on Dalinar.

Also, dressing up as soldiers to get close to people is a certified Ghostblood tactic, tried and tested with great success by Mraize.

So, what do you think? 

Would the other members of bridge 13 not notice a new member joining them after being freed?  If he joined earlier why exactly did Thaidakar do so?  There was no benefit at the time and the danger level was sky high.  If he had some magic method of survival like Kaladin other people would have noticed(like they noticed Kaladin).

22 minutes ago, Karger said:

Would the other members of bridge 13 not notice a new member joining them after being freed?  If he joined earlier why exactly did Thaidakar do so?  There was no benefit at the time and the danger level was sky high.  If he had some magic method of survival like Kaladin other people would have noticed(like they noticed Kaladin).

Is Rial an original Bridge 13 member? The bridge crews were recruiting new members. I don't know about Thaidakar, but it does seem like a great opportunity for spies to slip into the Radiants.

2 hours ago, Mage of Lirigon said:

Is Rial an original Bridge 13 member? The bridge crews were recruiting new members. I don't know about Thaidakar, but it does seem like a great opportunity for spies to slip into the Radiants.

Other then bridge four I do not believe that any of them were recruiting any new members.  He also publicly claims to have been "reborn in the bridge crews."

On 2019-07-12 at 7:59 PM, Karger said:

Other then bridge four I do not believe that any of them were recruiting any new members.  He also publicly claims to have been "reborn in the bridge crews."

I dont remember, but I wouldn’t be surprised about recruits sneaking in. And he doesn’t necessary have needed to be in the bridge crew when they were doing actual Bridgerunning. They haven’t stopped being Bridge squads, so he can be reborn among them even if he wasn’t there for the dangerous part of it.

15 hours ago, Kon-Tiki said:

Bridge 13 also goes up as Windrunner squires under Teft and whoever Thaidakar is he doesn't really seem like Windrunner material even as a squire

He could just be like Skar, and have a hard time acquiring the powers. He wouldn’t be thrown out for that. 

7 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

He could just be like Skar, and have a hard time acquiring the powers. He wouldn’t be thrown out for that. 

But it would arouse suspicion if he was consistently the only person not to develop powers.

On 7/12/2019 at 8:00 AM, Toaster Retribution said:

So, what do you think? 

Oh fun crackpot! I'm of the tinfoil theory that Tahidakar is Seberial, but since we have no proof either way keep on keeping on!

• Chaos locked this topic