Greetings and Salutations

So I'm going to say hello after I made my first post elsewhere because apparently that topic was more important than joining in.

I've been aware of the 17th shard for a long time, but I haven't really dove into the forums or groups because I wasn't ready for the in-depth thought and theory that came behind some of these things, and I found the idea a little intimidating. I probably overthought it in my mind, which is something I'm unfortunately too good at doing.

So now, hm, where am I? I'm caught up on main Stormlight books and Edgedancer.  I'm partway through era 2 Mistborn.  I've read Arcanum unbounded and Elantris, as well as the Emperor's soul.  I also (metaphorically) ran into Brandon because of his work finishing the Wheel of Time. I physically ran into him at JordanCon a few years back, and asked him a question in the hall that I can't really add as a Word of Brandon because I'm afraid it would be too paraphrased at this point to do much good. 

Outside of Sanderson I know my Tolkien, love the Discworld, and have read most of the Star Wars EU (Now Legends) printed before Lucasfilm was bought by the House of Mouse. 

My wife lets me organize the room with the three bookshelves that we call the library (though I plan on expanding it.)

I guess that does it for me.  I look forward to diving into the forums more, and hopefully having ideas worth posting and sharing with you all.

Hello, welcome to the forum! Don't worry, I too was pretty worried when first joining because it does seem pretty daunting but it's all collaborative and fun so you should definitely have a blast! Also agreed, posting topics first takes priority. Your way is actually smarter than mine, because I posted a topic discussion in my hello post, so kudos to you!

15 hours ago, Preventer Wind said:

So I'm going to say hello after I made my first post elsewhere because apparently that topic was more important than joining in.

I've been aware of the 17th shard for a long time, but I haven't really dove into the forums or groups because I wasn't ready for the in-depth thought and theory that came behind some of these things, and I found the idea a little intimidating. I probably overthought it in my mind, which is something I'm unfortunately too good at doing.

So now, hm, where am I? I'm caught up on main Stormlight books and Edgedancer.  I'm partway through era 2 Mistborn.  I've read Arcanum unbounded and Elantris, as well as the Emperor's soul.  I also (metaphorically) ran into Brandon because of his work finishing the Wheel of Time. I physically ran into him at JordanCon a few years back, and asked him a question in the hall that I can't really add as a Word of Brandon because I'm afraid it would be too paraphrased at this point to do much good. 

Outside of Sanderson I know my Tolkien, love the Discworld, and have read most of the Star Wars EU (Now Legends) printed before Lucasfilm was bought by the House of Mouse. 

My wife lets me organize the room with the three bookshelves that we call the library (though I plan on expanding it.)

I guess that does it for me.  I look forward to diving into the forums more, and hopefully having ideas worth posting and sharing with you all.

Welcome @Preventer Windto the shard! It is a rabbit hole that you can get lost in forever with theories but it's great to browse and discuss, or even attempt the role play section!

Can always discuss WoBs if you wish, I know you say it's paraphrased but if it sparks a discussion, please feel free to mention that :D

Hopefully see you around!

On 7/11/2019 at 3:44 AM, Preventer Wind said:

Welcome to the shard @preventer wind! I had learned about this forum through my brother who has helped construct somethings in the rp thread( but that's the point). I will warn you now, as I don't think anyone's mentioned this to you yet. If someone offers you a baked cookie, don't. Eat. It. People here have a habit of putting spikes in the cookies, so they can try claiming you as their own personal victim.

Just thought I should give you a heads up. Again, welcome to the forum.

~chasmfiend ~