Scariest thing in Cosmere

To be fair, of all the different Cosmere magic we know, someone with Allomantic or Feruchemical abilities is probably the best possible fit to wield Nightblood. 

Think about it. They have a pretty commonly available investiture source - one that can be used across worlds, no hacking required. And they also innately have a sense of how much reserve they have and how fast it's being used. And metals aren't dependent on special storms or in short supply because you have to Harvest them individually from people one by one.

7 minutes ago, Karger said:

ObliObligatory **** Moash

*salutes*

Personally? The idea of anyone in the Cosmere with extensive knowledge of Hemalurgy is scary. (And awesome)

But especially Odium. If Odium knew how Hemalurgy works, Roshar would get shot to hell.

43 minutes ago, Ax's Boyfriend said:

But especially Odium. If Odium knew how Hemalurgy works, Roshar would get shot to hell.

What can you actually do with Hemolergy on Roshar?

Edited by Karger

2 minutes ago, Ripheus23 said:

The scariest thing in the cosmere would be a sandling and a chasmfiend tethered to a chariot carrying Odium wearing a hat on which Ati was standing while balancing Nightblood on his nose.

I would pay to see that.

2 hours ago, Karger said:

What can you actually do with Hemolergy on Roshar?

You can do a LOT with Hemalurgy anywhere. The OP-ness comes not just from the fact that you can get what you steal, but from the fact that whatever you take is denied to whoever you took it from.

Rashek created the Kandra and Koloss with pure Hemalurgy.

On Roshar, you could steal so much from the Singers depending on the form they're in. You could possibly steal Lift's food-to-stormlight ability.

Theoretically, you could steal someone's bond to their Shardblade (the dead kind). Or you could Spike out a Nahel Bond. Sure, you may not be able to get it easily, but the Radiant you took it from is permanently crippled from making more Nahel Bonds unless healed with regrowth.

You could - in theory - spike lower spren in the cognitive and take their abilities. So for example, you can spike fear spren to get their fear-meter-radar ability.

Or if nothing else, Hemalurgy is good for suppression. Just make the right arrow heads, have the intent to spike, and shoot Radiants. They have a tendency to just take hits anyway. Doesn't matter what bodypart you hit (and consequently what ability you steal), you'll rip apart their spiritwebs. Which they'll have to spend their precious stormlight healing.

Also @Karger no double posting, please. You can edit your original comment.

Edited by TheFoxQR

6 hours ago, Karger said:

A quote always makes a new post for some reason.  I do not double post as a rule.

When you use "quote this" it autopastes it into the new post box. You have to copy it from there into your edit if you want to add it in.

On 7/9/2019 at 10:30 PM, TheFoxQR said:

You could possibly steal Lift's food-to-stormlight ability.

Brandon has actually confirmed that this is possible. He's also confirmed that while you'd normally get a Nightwatcher boon and curse as a package via hemalurgy it's possible (but much harder) to get only one if you know what you're doing. Just make sure that if you try using hemalurgy on anyone the Nightwatcher or Cultivation has blessed, you're prepared for the latter to be very unhappy with you.

17 hours ago, robardin said:

I have imagined the potential for hemalurgically combining four chasmfiends into a kolossfiend (or would that be a chasmoloss?). Brr.

I'm imagining Hoid, Nazh and Vasher getting ready to hunt themselves a chasmfiend in order to make a chasmoloss when Nazh gets a look at one for the first time. He turns to the others and looks at the equipment they've brought with them. "You're gonna need a bigger spike"

8 minutes ago, Weltall said:

I'm imagining Hoid, Nazh and Vasher getting ready to hunt themselves a chasmfiend in order to make a chasmoloss when Nazh gets a look at one for the first time. He turns to the others and looks at the equipment they've brought with them. "You're gonna need a bigger spike"

I want this to happen now, specifically in sitcom style.

12 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

How bout 4 koloss hemalurgically spiked together to make a kokolossloss!

I suppose the limit to this sort of thing would be how much strength you could store in four reasonably sized iron spikes...

Either that, or the point where the muscle mass was unsurvivable.

Of course, using chasmfiends instead of humans for the hosts would let the spikes be far larger before they interfered with its ability to move.

Hoid by far. WoB said, WITHOUT HESITATION, he is the strongest non-shard bearer in the Cosmere. I have a feeling if Kelsier wielded Nightblood against Hoid, he would laugh and humiliate him like their first fight. We don't know his motives, I fear the unknown.

Edited by Notchbeard