28 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Rushing over to him she tried to figure out how to open it. Huge, heavy, not like the slender, practical armor she was used to. Didn't matter. They had to work with what they had. Finally it was open and she held it out for Cheh to climb into.

“Thanks,” Cheh said and hopped in. The suit closed behind him. Maybe another type of person would have felt claustrophobic in the fully sealed suit, but not Cheh. Tight spaces, caves and tunnels, they were Cheh’s main hideouts. A tight suit was nothing. Looking to Jessy he pointed where he had found the other suits, so she could put one on.

7 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Thanks,” Cheh said and hopped in. The suit closed behind him. Maybe another type of person would have felt claustrophobic in the fully sealed suit, but not Cheh. Tight spaces, caves and tunnels, they were Cheh’s main hideouts. A tight suit was nothing. Looking to Jessy he pointed where he had found the other suits, so she could put one on.

"The seats."

She shouted at him.

"Sit down, strap yourself in. Now!"

Her fingers pointed at one of the seats in front of the control panel. Hastily she hurried to the wall, looked through the suits. Too small, too large, too large, too large. Taking one of those that looked too large she was about to open it, when she pod shook in the air and she was thrown around, hit another wall with her back and fell to the ground. The wohle pod was shaking, shaking badly.

2 hours ago, Sorana said:

She shouted at him.

"Sit down, strap yourself in. Now!"

Cheh moved to the seat but just as he was about to strap in the pod lurched, and he saved himself from slamming onto the wall by holding the seat tightly. With worry in his eyes he looked to Jessy, the suit that was far away, the shaking pod with lights blinking. She would die, Cheh knew somehow, if she didn’t have the suit.

Metal, the suit had many metallic parts of it. The shaking and violent lurching of the ship rattled Cheh’s brain into calm, and in one moment of peace Cheh felt the metal was him, metal had little pieces of earth in it, and he was the metal. Before he could comprehend what he was doing in one movement Cheh metalbended the suit and sent it flying in Jessy’s direction.

The ship shuddered again and Cheh strapped himself in. What had he done?

2 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

The ship shuddered again and Cheh strapped himself in. What had he done?

Jessy grabbed the suit when it suddenly flew in her direction. Putting it on was difficult, the pod was shaking badly and she was thrown around several times before she finally managed to close the suit. Her side hurt, but for now there was nothing she could do about it. Gravity was going away, she had mere seconds left.

Calmly she pushed herself over to the free chair and grabbed the straps, checked that Cheh was strapped in safely, then she secured herself. It wasn't the first time she was caught in that situation and thankfully her training kicked in. Panic only led to mistakes. She would have to deal with her missing equipment later. For now she would have to make sure they would survive. Her eyes darted over the control panel again. There was nothing she could do. Nothing. Not without understanding this pod. Leaning back she gestured for Cheh to do the same she tried to relax. their lives were in the hand of the whoever had programed the emergency routine now.

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

Leaning back she gestured for Cheh to do the same she tried to relax. their lives were in the hand of the whoever had programed the emergency routine now.

Cheh leaned back and in the window he could see the rapidly approaching colour of a planet moving fast towards them - no, them moving fast towards a planet.

“Shock absorbers acti—”

The ship landed onto the planet with a jolt that sent the entire mainframe shuddering. As it skid against the grassy plateu’s of the land, bringing fire and dirt with every collision, it finally came to a rest next to a large tree.

Lights and sounds were blaring at him and Cheh groaned, now he could understand why all those safety measures had needed to be taken.

1 minute ago, I think I am here. said:

Lights and sounds were blaring at him and Cheh groaned, now he could understand why all those safety measures had needed to be taken.

Light, fire, then they hit the ground. Jessys head was thrown backwards and she closed her eyes.

When she opened them again she realized she must have passed out at some point. Feeling dizzy she groped for the safety belt, undid the straps. Falling out of her seat she landed on the ground.

"Are you alright?"

She asked the boy and pushed herself up.

5 minutes ago, Sorana said:

“Are you alright?"

She asked the boy and pushed herself up.

“I... yes, I think so,” Cheh said, unstrapping his seat belt and falling onto the ground with a thud. He worked himself up and looked out the window.

Rainforest-like trees and alien greenery looked back at him. It was beautiful.

“Wow,” He said. “How do we edit the pod?”

I’m imagining this as the Avatar (movie) world in my headcanon :P 

29 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Wow,” He said. “How do we edit the pod?”

"I'm not sure."

Jessy looked around, finally managed to stand.

"We need to be careful. The air could be poisonous, or the plants."

She walked over to him, looked out of the window.

"We have to expect that everything wants to kill us."

With a sigh she turned around and started to search for her gun, looked for other things they might want to take.

Including the inhabitants?

14 hours ago, Sorana said:

Including the inhabitants?

Probably not, just the setting. We might have to replace the inhabitants with the bad-guys who were chasing us on the ship :)

“It’s earth,” Cheh said happily. Not Earth, but earth, the substance. He could earthbend here. The thought of all of that ground, that nature for him to bend made him joyful, and he looked around for ways to exit the escape shuttle they were in.

“It seems that other planets are very dangerous,” he told Jessy. “Why do your people even go to other ones in that case? Are you not happy with your own planet?” He asked this in innocent curiosity, the idea of why someone would travel elsewhere to dangerous habitats when there was such beauty already available baffled him.

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

“It seems that other planets are very dangerous,” he told Jessy. “Why do your people even go to other ones in that case? Are you not happy with your own planet?” He asked this in innocent curiosity, the idea of why someone would travel elsewhere to dangerous habitats when there was such beauty already available baffled him.

Jessy laughed.

"Out of curiosity. Because earth was too small."

She finally found the gun and grabbed it, then she walked over to the door of the escape pod. Nothing happened when she pressed the button, but there was handwheel. Slowly she started to turn it.

"Out of greed. Some because they can. Others because they want to learn and study."

Slowly the door started to open and she paused, checked the little display on the arm of her suit for any notifications. Nothing. That was probably a good sign. She couldn't be completely sure. Resuming to turn the wheel she continued to open the door.

"Some never leave at all. Some to fight against those that want to live on our planet. I guess it's the same reasons for other journeys."

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

“Some never leave at all. Some to fight against those that want to live on our planet. I guess it's the same reasons for other journeys."

Cheh nodded and moved forward to see if he could help. He raised his hands to try and metalbend the handwheel, but nothing happened. He didn’t know how he had metalbended the suit, what state of mind he had been, but he hadn’t been able to replicate it since. So he just walked forward and tried to help push it open manually.

“I guess when you know there are other worlds, curiosity gets the better of you.”

“I guess when you know there are other worlds, curiosity gets the better of you.”

"Probably."

With his help they were faster, finally opened the door completely.

"I never travelled for the sake of explanation."

She stepped outside, looked around.

"We should leave as fast as we could. If anything or anyone lives here, they will come and see what happened."

Her fingers pointed at the destroyed trees around them.

"This was anything but silent. Let's see if we can find some food, maybe some device to analyze the air and the ground. Check for poisons. We need to get out of the suits soon, or we'll suffocate."

On 19/08/2019 at 11:47 PM, Sorana said:

Her fingers pointed at the destroyed trees around them.

"This was anything but silent. Let's see if we can find some food, maybe some device to analyze the air and the ground. Check for poisons. We need to get out of the suits soon, or we'll suffocate

“Okay,” Cheh said, holding up a finger. “One thing.”

Stomping on the ground he was pleased as a large section of rock appeared in front of him, which he kicked into a standing street knocking it over. The tree fell, small things that looked like fruit falling off.

“Let’s check that out.”

“Okay,” Cheh said, holding up a finger. “One thing.”

Stomping on the ground he was pleased as a large section of rock appeared in front of him, which he kicked into a standing street knocking it over. The tree fell, small things that looked like fruit falling off.

“Let’s check that out.”

Impressed Jessy stepped outside, picked up one of the fruits and looked at it. It was violett, slightly hairy. She'd never seen a fruit like that before, but you never knew. Carefully she placed it on the ground again and lifted her hands to her helmet. They had already contaminated the escape pod. So in the end it was easy. Either they could breathe the air, or they were dead. Still the thought to take a breath of air that theoretically could kill her in a few second was intimidating.

Another deep breath, then she unlocked the helmet and lifted it of her head. Hesitantly she took a breath and chocked. The air was sweet. So sweet it reminded her of rotten fruit. It took a lot of strength to take another breath. The sweetness made her gag, but apart from that nothing happened. Relieved she lifted the fruit again.

"Maybe we can find a knife in the escape pod."

She suggested and smelled the fruit. It reminded her of vinegar.

20 hours ago, Sorana said:

She suggested and smelled the fruit. It reminded her of vinegar.

Jessy took off her helmet, which signalled to Cheh that it would be safe if he did the same. Carefully, he followed the same manoeuvres he saw Jessy and took off the helmet, breathing in the air. It was different here, it reminded Cheh of his trips through the fruit farms, the sweet air that had accompanied him. Cheh had grown rice, but he’d always found it fun to travel to other farms.

“Maybe you can split it apart with your gravity,” he said. He looked around.

“I can make a shelter, if you want. Well, we already have the escape pod, but still. I know how to make a fire, if that helps.”

6 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“I can make a shelter, if you want. Well, we already have the escape pod, but still. I know how to make a fire, if that helps.”

"I can smash it to pieces."

Jessy stepped completely out of her suit and hastened back into the escape pod. Usually there was something useful, to help after you've landed. If only she knew this design, could read the inscriptions. Quickly she opened whatever drawer she could fine, found a knife, and a strange device she couldn't even start. She kept the knife and continued her search until she found something, that might be some kind of med kit, which she also kept. At the few bandages could be helpful later. the medicine though - they could also throw it away later. With a sigh she left the pod again.

"We should go. Hide. See who comes to investigate."

She offered both the med kit and the knife to Cheh.

"Probably we should search for some kind of settlement. Steal, or maybe trade what we need. Other cloths, blankets, pots..."

Shrugging she looked up into the slightly violet sky.

"Most likely they won't understand us at all."

In my headcanon there had to be something. If it doesn't fit yours I can always edit.

Edited by Sorana

No, it’s fine. It makes sense.

“Would the aliens need that?” Cheh asked and took the medical kit. Not the knife, though. There was plenty of earth around and he believed Jessy could probably use the weapon more effectively than him. Setting the kit on the ground Cheh felt the compact dirt directly below him.

“I can launch myself in the air,” Cheh said. “Get a view around from high ground. But I haven’t learnt how to land yet without breaking all my bones. Could you help reduce the fall?”

58 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“I can launch myself in the air,” Cheh said. “Get a view around from high ground. But I haven’t learnt how to land yet without breaking all my bones. Could you help reduce the fall?”

"Sure."

Jessy pocketed the knife.

"Don't worry about falling, I will catch you."

22 hours ago, Sorana said:

“Sure."

Jessy pocketed the knife.

"Don't worry about falling, I will catch you."

“Okay,” Cheh said and kneeled, looked up and down again. He took a deep breath. “Okay.”

Raising his arms up he closed them into fists and closed his eyes as well. This was a foreign land, but he could still feel the connection to the earth, stubborn and strong, substantive and rocky. Throwing his fists down onto the ground a pillar of rock summoned beneath Cheh’s feet and he was thrown into the air by the force of it.

The dense forest trees were tall, but Cheh was launched higher. He looked down and tried not to go dizzy as the ground below became smaller and smaller, and he focused his attention to beyond the trees, where it seemed there was a clearing. Some metal things, and definitely some sort of animal. The downside of being so high was that he couldn’t see in detail, especially as he was still skyrocketing upwards, feeling the air roar against him, no ground or earth to help him.

Before he reached his apex and began to descend, Cheh caught sight of people at the clearing. The same people that had been attacking them at the ship. The thought put a knot in his throat and he was suddenly unprepared for the roaring drop that he was experiencing. Without thinking he screamed, he was going to die, definitely going to die.

Before he reached his apex and began to descend, Cheh caught sight of people at the clearing. The same people that had been attacking them at the ship. The thought put a knot in his throat and he was suddenly unprepared for the roaring drop that he was experiencing. Without thinking he screamed, he was going to die, definitely going to die.

Impressed Jessy observed how Cheh launched himself into the air, looked around. Then he started to fall. His scream surprised her, althought she knew, it shouldn't have. He'd told her, that he disliked air and flying. Quickly she created a violett glowing ball below him, slightly more than a body length above the ground. The sphere caught him, just as it had earlier, slowly dragged him towards its center. If there was someone close by, they would come now. They had to hurry. Even more than before.

"Ready? I will catch you."

She still gave him a chance to prepare, wished that he would simply stop screaming.

3 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Slowly, Cheh began to feel his fall ease. He stopped screaming but remained hyperventilating.

“Okay,” he said. “O-Okay.” And he closed his eyes.

Jessy stepped below him, then she stopped the sphere holding him in the air. Without much effort she caught him, and put him on his feet. Her hands stayed on his shoulders, to make sure he would remain standing.

"Better?"

Cheh took a deep breath and opened his eyes. He nodded.

"There are people coming. The same ones that attacked us on John's flying air vehicle."

Cursing Jessy grabbed his arm.

"Lead the way. We need to go."