Cheh looked at the violet ball in interest, holding onto the wall to avoid its pull.

“That’s really cool,” he said, turning to look at the pile of ash that once been the ball.

“We have four — or five, different types of bending where I come from. Are there... different types of this purple thing?” He asked, unsure of what to call the ability.

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

Cheh looked at the violet ball in interest, holding onto the wall to avoid its pull.

“That’s really cool,” he said, turning to look at the pile of ash that once been the ball.

“We have four — or five, different types of bending where I come from. Are there... different types of this purple thing?” He asked, unsure of what to call the ability.

"Biotics."

Jessy smiled.

"There are different ways to use it. You can also move,"

She made a gesture and a jacket flew through the air,

"Things. Or push them away from you."

She didn't demonstrate the last one, mostly because she lacked a sufficient target.

"And if neccessary, I can create a shield for a short while."

Turning around she lifted her hair and showed him the scar where her amp had been implanted.

"In short I can create small fields, manipulating gravity. That's maybe a good summary."

8 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Turning around she lifted her hair and showed him the scar where her amp had been implanted.

"In short I can create small fields, manipulating gravity. That's maybe a good summary."

"Gravity," Cheh repeated and nodded. It made sense. She could move things around, make a little purple ball that could attract gravity to it, like a little planet.

"We have people like that where I come from," he said. Touching the rock with his hand, Cheh concentrated and the rock broke into seven or eight smaller rocks. Spinning to the side with a kick and then a punch Cheh got all of the little rocks to flow around and orbit him. It took some concentration to keep them orbiting him but he could manage it. lots of boring days and nights at the farm had motivated him to practice.

"They can do what I can do with rock, but with air." He pointed where Jessy had turned a ball into ash. "But what about that? How do you turn something to ash with gravity?"

4 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

"They can do what I can do with rock, but with air." He pointed where Jessy had turned a ball into ash. "But what about that? How do you turn something to ash with gravity?"

"I ripped it apart. I didn't turn it to ash."

She tried to explain.

"Moved its different parts in different directions."

Smiling she looked at the stones flying around him.

"You are very skilled. It looks difficult."

On 24/07/2019 at 1:31 AM, Sorana said:

Smiling she looked at the stones flying around him.

"You are very skilled. It looks difficult."

Ripped it apart. Each part moving in a different direction. Makes sense.

“Thank you,” Cheh said, keeping the stones orbiting around him, requiring him to be constantly moving, his upper body pivoting and his arms flowing with straight, linear motions. Finally he made a movement and sent the stones banging into the wall, the sound echoing.

“It gets tiring, though.”

3 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Ripped it apart. Each part moving in a different direction. Makes sense.

“Thank you,” Cheh said, keeping the stones orbiting around him, requiring him to be constantly moving, his upper body pivoting and his arms flowing with straight, linear motions. Finally he made a movement and sent the stones banging into the wall, the sound echoing.

“It gets tiring, though.”

"How old are you Cheh?"

She asked. A boy. How could they kidnap a boy. She had to find a way to return him home.

22 hours ago, Sorana said:

"How old are you Cheh?"

She asked. A boy. How could they kidnap a boy. She had to find a way to return him home.

“Sixteen,” Cheh said. He was actually fifteen and a half, but it didn’t hurt to round up.

He put his hands up jokingly. “I’ve already got a girl back home, though. Before you start thinking of anything.”

13 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Sixteen,” Cheh said. He was actually fifteen and a half, but it didn’t hurt to round up.

He put his hands up jokingly. “I’ve already got a girl back home, though. Before you start thinking of anything.”

Jessy laughed.

"I think I'm a bit too old for you, don't worry."

And I don't plan to end up with someone outside my own universe. I want to return home one day in the end. She added silently and looked around the ship.

"Tell me of your home."

She asked him instead.

"If we all play a vital role, maybe the clue as to why we were chosen is somewhere in our pasts."

15 hours ago, Sorana said:

“Tell me of your home."

She asked him instead.

"If we all play a vital role, maybe the clue as to why we were chosen is somewhere in our pasts."

Cheh nodded and leaned against a wall. He picked up a rock fragment off the ground and held it in between two of his fingers.

“I live in a kingdom,” he said, then paused. “Well, a democracy. But only super recently. As a farmer. My whole family are all farmers. It’s usually just miles and miles of crops in every direction,”

He looked to Jessy.

“Apart from my kingdom —er, democracy, there’s two - well, three, major places people live. One for each type of bender. The waterbenders have tribes, which are basically cities, the fire nation has a monarchy, and the air nomads have their temples.” He stopped there, he didn’t need to give her a history lesson on the world.

“What about you?” He asked.

John floated. He was devoid of being, only present as flickering flames in the outline of a person. He floated out the air lock, and was at peace.

Almost at peace.

Pain shot through his body, and John gasped, trying to draw in air that wasn't there. It wasn't needed, of course. Gathen didn't need to breath. It was something else that made him feel pain.

Where is she?

Since I was gone for so long, and because I will be gone for a while again, I decided to put in a filler. To kind of explain what John was doing.

Edited by John Flamesinger
Added more to the post. Yes, I can do that. Stop trying to yell at me when I do anything. Wait, what? It's all in my head? I don't think so.

On 27.7.2019 at 8:44 AM, I think I am here. said:

Cheh nodded and leaned against a wall. He picked up a rock fragment off the ground and held it in between two of his fingers.

“I live in a kingdom,” he said, then paused. “Well, a democracy. But only super recently. As a farmer. My whole family are all farmers. It’s usually just miles and miles of crops in every direction,”

He looked to Jessy.

“Apart from my kingdom —er, democracy, there’s two - well, three, major places people live. One for each type of bender. The waterbenders have tribes, which are basically cities, the fire nation has a monarchy, and the air nomads have their temples.” He stopped there, he didn’t need to give her a history lesson on the world.

“What about you?” He asked.

"About me."

Jessy repeated, sat down on a stool. She'd understood maybe half of what he'd told her. Benders. Probably something like Biotics. Tribes, nations. He was talking about a single world, maybe even a single continent.

"I'm in command of a ship like this. Larger, different technology, but it can cross the distance between the stars as well. I joined the army after school, trained and then was a part of the first contact war."

Distantly she looked at a wall, seeing a different universe, different stars.

"I was promoted, again and again, until one day it was back to training, and I left as an N7 agent."

"It probably doesn't mean anything to you. I'm still a part of the military forces, it's my job to protect my home, my world. The humans living there. I am responsible for the ship, for those serving there. For those relying on my protection."

5 minutes ago, Sorana said:

“It probably doesn't mean anything to you. I'm still a part of the military forces, it's my job to protect my home, my world. The humans living there. I am responsible for the ship, for those serving there. For those relying on my protection."

“A ship?” Cheh asked, looking down at the metal floor. A ship that sailed between stars instead of islands. “It’s a very cool ship, it must be fun to captain.” He smiled, and thought more about what she had said. The military.

“Who do you fight against?” Cheh asked. “With your gravity powers, and training. Surely there’s an enemy army you have to fight?”

44 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“A ship?” Cheh asked, looking down at the metal floor. A ship that sailed between stars instead of islands. “It’s a very cool ship, it must be fun to captain.” He smiled, and thought more about what she had said. The military.

“Who do you fight against?” Cheh asked. “With your gravity powers, and training. Surely there’s an enemy army you have to fight?”

Jessy sighed.

"We discovered that we aren't alone. That there are other races, but the humans in the universe. At first we fought them - now we have some kind of treaty with most of them. We still fight those in the-"

Pausing she thought of a good way to explain it.

"you can think of it as a nation. We live more of less peaceful inside the borders, but outside of the, there are bandits and pirates, and we fight those. It's been a few years since we had armies on a battlefield. Right now it's tons of little skirmishes, while we try to protect our settlers. Sometimes we manage, sometimes we fail."

22 hours ago, Sorana said:

Pausing she thought of a good way to explain it.

"you can think of it as a nation. We live more of less peaceful inside the borders, but outside of the, there are bandits and pirates, and we fight those. It's been a few years since we had armies on a battlefield. Right now it's tons of little skirmishes, while we try to protect our settlers. Sometimes we manage, sometimes we fail."

“There are smart non-humans far away?” Cheh tilted his head to the side.

“Where I come from, we call them spirits, though I don’t think they’re the same as what you say. The spirits are wise, they help guide us and they live in the spirit realm.” He sighed. “I only wish I could go there.”

2 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“There are smart non-humans far away?” Cheh tilted his head to the side.

“Where I come from, we call them spirits, though I don’t think they’re the same as what you say. The spirits are wise, they help guide us and they live in the spirit realm.” He sighed. “I only wish I could go there.”

"I think all of us would like to go home."

Jessy sighed and looked back outside.

"Even the stars are different here."

"If I were to pulverize that rock, could you control the little pieces? Maybe throw the dust in an enemies face?"

John pushed himself inside the pod, running to the sensory room. He connected to a nearby relay, and then tried finding the Serocather. 

STAUS: UNKOWN. CONTACT WAS LOST 5 SOLAR MINUTES AGO.

John stared at the screen, then hit the reload. The same runes came up. Again, he hit the reload, but there was no change. He slid to the floor, shaking. They're right. I shouldn't be leader. I can't even make a good decision. I have kidnapped random people, forced them onto an escape pod, prevented them from leaving, and now this? Old was wrong to choose me.

The only thing I ever succeeded at was fighting.

So, I put the rest of the post in a spoiler so that people were not scrolling through Alyssa and John arguing/ Alyssa trying to make John feel better trying to get to anything past this.

Spoiler

John, stop thinking like this.

Alyssa? But the computer...

I blew the Serocather up.

Again? Why?

Why not?

Because it gets really annoying to rebuild ships every hundred years or so.

Humans do it.

And?

No response? Wow. What happened.

Nothing, just your attitude. Probably the thing that made you take all those people.

Weren't you saying something helpful?

I am. John, you get so down sometimes. Old chose you for a reason.

Or maybe he saw a random Gathen on the street and - 

He was dead for several billion years. He chose you, not anyone else.

Still.

Still what?

Alyssa, you know what I mean.

Listen, John - 

Why?

Because I said so. Several thousand standard orbits ago, I was the leader of our nation. You were the leader of your family.

Until they exiled me.

You know what John? This is pointless. You have several humans on board that pod. They have no idea what's going on, but they're handling the situation better than you.

Uh...

John, listen. I will be at your destination, and if you don't step up your game by the time I get there, then I will kill you. Again.

John stood up. He began walking back toward the main room where everyone else was.

@Anyone that wants to respond

Is anyone's character hungry? Might give John a perfect way to get them to trust him...

Edited by John Flamesinger
Added more to the post. Yes, it is possible to do that. What you do is you click the edit button on your post. Then you edit. Then you use this helpful Reasons box. More people should. It would make me happy.

A car screeched to a halt outside of a quaint looking vila on the edge of town. Two men hopped out and made their way to the door. The first man was tall and brawny with shoulder-length straight black hair. He wore a duster coat over a suit vest and a white shirt with jeans. The second man was pale and gaunt, with slicked back hair and a sharply tailored suit. 

The pair stepped up to the door. The first man glared at his pale companion, "Don't try anying funny." he said cooly, "Because you're only here since the boss requested you. We can send you back to that hellhole you were locked up in quicker than you can say 'Avenue'" 

The second man smiled and nodded. "Whatever you say, boss." 

The duster clad man sighed and pounded on the door a few times. The sound of several locks being undone and a fair amount of cursing could be heard before a short man opened the door. "The rusted chains of the prison moon are shattered by the sun." he said quietly.

"I walk a road, horizons change, the tournament's begun." the first man replied smoothly. The doorman nodded and stepped aside, closing and locking the door after the pair had entered. 

"Boss is on the balcony." the short man offered, gesturing towards a sliding glass door. The pale man grinned in a predatory way and eagerly moved to the door and wrenched it open. The duster clad man sighed and followed. 

"I always wonder if I based my organization in Morioh because of the Stand users, or the Stand users came here because of me." the man standing on the balcony mused. "I guess it's something of a chicken-egg situation. Hello to you both, by the way." the man continued, "Glad to see you got Avenue Man out of prison alright, Kvasir." 

The duster clad man nodded, "Not too hard, though Avenue kept complaining." 

"I trust he's cooperating now?" the man asked

"Yes, I am. Personally, I want to go find the guy so I can go home. Can we get going?" 

The man turned, grinning wildly. "Of course, I'll send you to him now. The man, who called himself Bon Scott, summoned his Stand. Closing his eyes, he channeled a tiny bit of the Stand's power at the pair standing before him. They both poofed away into mist, heading to rescue a one Rydin Caranda.

BEHOLD! ALL TREMBLE BEFORE THE POWER OF CORIELATHA, AS THE GATHEN CALL HER. OR, LIGHT MAGIC!

Corielatha gazed down onto the planet. So insignificant. Yet replicas of it were in every dimension. She kept an eye on the one Magic, who was sending some of his people to... find another person? She gazed at their destination, and realized it was another replica of Earth. The replica that the Singer of Flames was destined to.

How dare they interfere with her plans!

And yet...

The day one of her Gathen couldn't handle someone the likes of these was the day the universe would collapse.

Not just one, but two.

@Dr. Dapper

Rydin is important, eh? So, wouldn't that make him the perfect target for Corielatha's plans? She doesn't want her plans disturbed, and will (Without their knowledge) have John and Alyssa defend those plans. 

This will be interesting when John and Alyssa both start acting strangely and not letting Rydin go. I wonder how he will react.

Elemental watched The Universe.

It had waited and watched, and it was ready. It was time to set things into motion. Plots and plans, thousands, all started now. A proper move had been made, and the opportunity had arrived.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~

A small golem, up to about the average man's knees, manifested into a small area nearby the car.

It was Elemental. And the world was Elemental. Everything was Elemental. He was water. Earth. Fire. Air.

The golem was made of a coal, black and orange and pulsing. The eyes were sparks, and emblazoned on its chest was a flame symbol, three pronged, with a bite out of the right of the middle prong.

It waved it's hands around it, and the air pulsed. Very precisely, the wood on either side of Elemental turned to coals. Currently nothing, it would soon start a fire. He waved his hands, and air spiraled around him. He disappeared.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Earth spiraled, clods of dirt, stone, and metal clunking into a golem, pulling itself out of the floor, it's head out of the wall. The head was metal, and the body dirt and stone. The head was pieced together, metal slabs. It had spinning gears for eyes, a green and yellow symbol on its forehead. The symbol was a circle, with a square cut out in the center. It was outlined in yellow, on the outside and on the inside.

It was twice the size of a human in height, four times as wide, and the nearby people quaked in fear. It turned to them, stones and dirt shifting, regarding them with it's cold mechanical eyes.

Elemental walked forward toward them, earth trembling around him, small spikes jutting up.

As one of the men tried to run, the ground underneath him went liquid, and he sunk up to his chin. The ground solidified.

The others fell back, awed.

Elemental spoke in a clanking fashion, voice deep, but robotic.

"I have need of you seven. I have chosen you for my purpose. Join me, or die."

Seven spikes jutted out of the ground, each inches from one of the seven's faces, one only the a few inches, due to the current height of the man.

The man who had tried to run nodded first. One by one, they bended knee. Except for two.

The ground shook, and lifted the five who had agreed onto stone, floating forty feet above the ground. The stone spikes on the other two blasted forward, impaling the people, leaving them dead and bleeding, faces blank. One of those five on the floating platforms vomited, and another looked like she was contemplating jumping. But each and every one stayed where they were.

The grotesque metal face smiled, the disproportioned mouth shifting into an eerie expresion.

It turned, and began walking.

On 30/07/2019 at 0:17 AM, Sorana said:

"I think all of us would like to go home."

Jessy sighed and looked back outside.

"Even the stars are different here."

"If I were to pulverize that rock, could you control the little pieces? Maybe throw the dust in an enemies face?"

Cheh hesitated, then nodded.

“Probably. I just might have to practise. I’m not used to bending with anything more than normal rocks.” He looked to the ball that had been pulverised. “Though theoretically I should be able to bend anything with earth in it or any form of earth. Like sand, mud, metal and lava. But those techniques are really hard to learn.”

He looked back to Jessy. “But now I know who your enemies are, these ‘aliens’, I wonder what enemies John wants us to fight?”

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

Cheh hesitated, then nodded.

“Probably. I just might have to practise. I’m not used to bending with anything more than normal rocks.” He looked to the ball that had been pulverised. “Though theoretically I should be able to bend anything with earth in it or any form of earth. Like sand, mud, metal and lava. But those techniques are really hard to learn.”

He looked back to Jessy. “But now I know who your enemies are, these ‘aliens’, I wonder what enemies John wants us to fight?”

Jessy shrugged.

"I have no idea. Probably some aliens of his own."

She leaned back looked through the ship.

"There is an old myth. About the Reapers. Maybe he is facing something like that. Who knows."

Shrugging she placed a palm against the table.

"Altough I doubt it. The Reapers are nothing but a myth. They don't exist in real."