What's YOUR Talent?

Well, I have a very interesting talent of fixing electronic things. You all mention how you can break computers by just touching them... I can sometimes fix them by just standing near. Can't really count how many times someone wanted me to help them with their computer, so I want them to show me what's wrong and... there is nothing wrong. Same thing with TV's and smartphones. Generally, the more complicated device, the stronger the talent. I guess I would have trouble with fixing a washing machine, they are too simple :P

• 3 weeks later...

Daydreaming. My mind is always somewhere else. I figure I could either use this to transport myself places, create alternate realities, and maybe transport others to these realities.

And/or agreeing to taking tests in school that I really should not be taking.

I used to have a more basic version of the breaking talent. Anything made of glass would break at my touch. Jars, windows, lights... But that's gone now.

I've thought about this one for a while, and I think I've finally figured it out:

My Talent is that I freak out when I see a bug. There doesn't have to actually be a bug there, I just have an automatic knee-jerk reaction to my brain thinking there's a bug (which actually happens...). The Talent, then, proactively teleports me to a minimum safe distance away from said bug.

...which would be bad if I was in a car. Or on a plane. Still, if there was a huge chasm that I couldn't cross, I could trick my Talent into warping me across if I thought I saw a bug on the ground next to me. ;]

• 2 weeks later...

Since breaking my finger last month, I now have proof that my Smedry Talent is swelling. In fact, most of my family is quite good at edema.

I just searched this thread & am pleased that my Talent appears to be quite unique ... that should increase its value, right? ^_^

Edited by old aggie

• 4 months later...

My talent is bimbling.

Bimbling is the ability to constantly be late through being distracted by talking to random people about random stuff. It also extends to making other people late by doing the same thing to them.

As a slight extension to bimbling, I am also very forgetful (this counts as bimbling because it is always the important stuff that is forgotten, until about two minutes too late).

The talent to get lost in a crowd. If there there are ten or more people in a 20-foot radius of me, I cannot be found until the number of people drops to one. Is, of course, subject to change. It would be very useful in chase scenes. Simply run into a group of people, and I can't be found. Even if they are all Librarians looking for me. If I'm surrounded, it works even better.

• 1 month later...