Book titles for book titles

Benedictify

"What is the most important title a book can have?" Hoid asked the Sleepless and the kandra.

"Hmm," RePaan tried to surmise, "a title where the words are equivalent to the First Oath?"

"The True Name of Adonalsium?" the Sleepless wondered.

"No," Hoid said, shaking his head. "That question itself is the most important title a book can have. It refers to what would be the most important title, so it must itself be that title. Don't you see? It's like the word 'heterological,' or the group of all groups that don't belong to themselves, or a sentence that claims to be a lie. These are the paradoxes upon which the cosmere is built up and broken down, you understand. These are the noodles and broth on which I live."

Edited by Ripheus23

30 minutes ago, Ripheus23 said:

"What is the most important title a book can have?" Hoid asked the Sleepless and the kandra.

"Hmm," RePaan tried to surmise, "a title where the words are equivalent to the First Oath?"

"The True Name of Adonalsium?" the Sleepless wondered.

"No," Hoid said, shaking his head. "That question itself is the most important title a book can have. It refers to what would be the most important title, so it must itself be that title. Don't you see? It's like the word 'heterological,' or the group of all groups that don't belong to themselves, or a sentence that claims to be a lie. These are the paradoxes upon which the cosmere is built up and broken down, you understand. These are the noodles and broth on which I live."

hahahahahahahahahahahah

Did you write all the Hoid sequences?

Hoid is awesome but I just realised - does that mean we're getting an in-world book named Rythm of War? Because I just don't find it likely that the 4th book will break the scheme. 

It definitely sounds like a Singer book, doesn't it? Probably in the Dawnchant, telling more about the beginning of Desolations? (okay, it is just a hope to find out more than any realistic prediction about it...) But I still like the idea of a Singer book and maybe someone has better guesses then mine. 

7 hours ago, Nnatel said:

Hoid is awesome but I just realised - does that mean we're getting an in-world book named Rythm of War? Because I just don't find it likely that the 4th book will break the scheme. 

It definitely sounds like a Singer book, doesn't it? Probably in the Dawnchant, telling more about the beginning of Desolations? (okay, it is just a hope to find out more than any realistic prediction about it...) But I still like the idea of a Singer book and maybe someone has better guesses then mine. 

It's probably one of their oral stories, like "the Listener Song of Secrets" that some of the epigraphs in OB are from.

28 minutes ago, RShara said:

It's probably one of their oral stories, like "the Listener Song of Secrets" that some of the epigraphs in OB are from.

8 hours ago, Nnatel said:

Perhaps there is an actual rhythm of war that can be attuned?

35 minutes ago, CrazyRioter said:

The theory is that Venli will write a document called that. Perhaps a written history of the listeners.

OMG the series is gonna end with all the main characters collectively writing a book and ZAM Odium gets sucked inside like in that Care Bears movie, and so he switched from being the Sephiroth of the cosmere to the Ildatch, and we find out his meta-arc is about turning into analogies with a whole constellation of fantasy Satans.

The book's title will be a ketek of all the other titles

Edited by Ripheus23

4 hours ago, Ripheus23 said:

OMG the series is gonna end with all the main characters collectively writing a book and ZAM Odium gets sucked inside like in that Care Bears movie, and so he switched from being the Sephiroth of the cosmere to the Ildatch, and we find out his meta-arc is about turning into analogies with a whole constellation of fantasy Satans.

Care Bears, there's a throwback I never thought I'd see associated with Brandon

On 7/4/2019 at 9:24 PM, Benedictify said:

I just realized that the title of each of Brandon's Stormlight books is named after a book relevant in the story. Way of Kings, Words of Radiance, Oathbringer.

If you think that is something, it'll really blow your mind when you realise that if you take the titles for each Part in each Stormlight novel and string then together into a sentence, it forms a ketek. For example: 

"Above silence, The Illuminating Storms, Dying, Storm's Illumination,  The Silence Above" 

TWoK part titles :D

4 hours ago, Solant said:

If you think that is something, it'll really blow your mind when you realise that if you take the titles for each Part in each Stormlight novel and string then together into a sentence, it forms a ketek. For example: 

"Above silence, The Illuminating Storms, Dying, Storm's Illumination,  The Silence Above" 

TWoK part titles :D

MIND BLOWN, HOW THE HELL DID I NOT EVEN REALISE THAT AND I'M ON MY UMPTEENTH REREAD! That's embarrassingly simple.:wacko:

On 7/5/2019 at 2:31 PM, Ripheus23 said:

Odium is defeated by the Care Bear Stare

• Chaos locked this topic