Ah, that makes sense. You know, looking at the map, it seems that the Cahaya have the safest capital. Will the Tuhine capital be attacked if the Ta'e'ilo are defeated? Why are the nomads attacking anyway?

Wait, don't tell us. Maybe that's something our characters can find out. But why are the Cahaya and the Tuhine fighting? Tell us that please.

Feel like a kindergartener asking for a story :D 

'

Edit: This was my 200th post (Woohoo), and I just realized most of the previous pages I was the first one to post on. If only that would happen more on the AV PM.

Edited by John Flamesinger
200th Post! Woohoo! I'm trying not to use the first letter of the English written...thing. Rust it, this is tough.

2 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

In prison :P 

Not my character.

1 hour ago, Blessing of Potency said:

I'm working on the hand drawn map.

Thank you.

I like Trains, and You Should Play Halo. Just Not Halo 5. Please, the multiplayer is ok, but the story is horrible.

19 hours ago, John Flamesinger said:

Will the Tuhine capital be attacked if the Ta'e'ilo are defeated?

Why are the nomads attacking anyway?

But why are the Cahaya and the Tuhine fighting?

No.

You'll find out.

Why does anyone fight anyone? Why do any of us support any wars? People are people. They fight for lots of reasons, most of them unimportant in the long run.

19 hours ago, Sorana said:

Do you have a specific place in mind for our intro posts? Are we all in the same place?

Nope, you can be anywhere on the map.

14 hours ago, AonEne said:

Why does anyone fight anyone? Why do any of us support any wars? People are people. They fight for lots of reasons, most of them unimportant in the long run.

I think it's still important for us to know, to determine how our characters would feel about people from different territories.

I like the map, but I note it doesn't show any natural features other than the coastline. Are there mountains? Forests? Speaking of which, what sort of climate do we have? Do we have rainforests, deciduous forests, or taiga? Is the land small enough that climate everywhere is more or less the same, or is it an entire continent? What sort of skin tone will the various peoples have?

I'm going to start posting with my character, unless there's any objections. I intend to keep his location on the map vague and the first few posts I make with him self-contained so that he can easily be moved to wherever everyone else ends up being at when they are written into existence. For now, I'm mostly just working out his personality and giving him some depth before he becomes relevant to the plot. 

Dacan's Inn & Pubbery. Room No. 12. Late Afternoon.

“I’d rather die!” Tion declared.

The smartly armoured city guard staring him down sighed, exasperated. He waved his sword half-heartedly in Tion’s direction.

“Don’t make me use this,” he intoned tiredly. The two of them had been at it for over an hour.

Tion ignored him and continued to strip. His trademark black trenchcoat and blood-red shirt already lay on the floor of the inn-room they were arguing in. Now, he began to wrestle one of his heavy traveller’s boots off of his feet, hopping erratically on one foot as he did so.

The guard sidestepped one particularly haphazard bounce and used the opportunity to push him to the floorboards.

“Oh, boo!” Tion grumbled loudly, grunting as he tried to pull his arm out from under the bed where it had become pinned when he fell. Had he been thinking straight, he might have been self-conscious of the pale, white scars that marred the tanned brown skin of his underarm, but at the moment, he was too busy pretending to be drunk.

He felt the guard’s fist grab a fistful of his curly, brown hair and lift him into the air. Tion was not a short man by any means, maybe six feet tall if he did not slouch, but the grizzled military veteran had at least nine inches on him. It was just enough of a height differential that Tion’s feet were left dangling in the air as the two of them locked eyes.

Fortunately for him, Tion was incredibly strong for a being with the body of a thirty-year-old man. “I don’t think so,” he countered, then swung his right fist up to bash his assailant in the nose.

He hit only air. The guard quickly dropped him as he swung, then kneed him in the chin to send him crumpling to the ground again.

Tion’s vision began to swim, but he muted the pain with his Power and continued to taunt the guard.

He got as far as “I’ll bet you couldn’t-” before he received kick to the ribs.

Yes, he thought happily, relishing in the amount of harm that the man was inflicting. Just a little more.

He reached out mentally, searching the ether for the man’s soul. Given their proximity, it was easy to find: an irregularly pulsing, glowing aura that, once he focussed on it, began to seem tangible. It was as if the man suddenly started to radiate beams of coloured light in all directions. Small, multicoloured flashes danced around his head while larger, red-tinted beams flickered like lightning from his chest, directed at Tion.

Of course, the man did not know that the lights were there. As far as Tion knew, he was the only one on Hopearaa who knew how to see them.

Actually, maybe Truth does, he thought idly as he reached out with his mind to amplify the flashes of red, stabilizing them with practiced ease until they no longer flickered, just shone fiercely at him. Some sensations were difficult to manipulate, but the red, anger, had always been one of the easiest for Tion to work with.

The guard let out an audible grunt as his rage intensified three-fold. His brow furrowed as his body began to shake.

“I’ve had just about enough of you,” he growled, raising his sword to strike. Tion, having quickly closed his eyes so he would not see the blow coming, smiled at him from the floor.

“I must ask you not-”

The soldier smashed the hilt of his weapon into Tion’s skull before he could finish his sentence. In an instant, all of his thoughts dissipated as darkness consumed his psyche, leaving Tion with nothing but a sudden feeling of... disappointment as he rapidly lost consciousness.  

Luna reclined on her cot, smiling at the ceiling. Her grin promptly faded as a drop of water hit her forehead. She glared up at the slimy stone blocks, daring another drop to come sailing down. Not one, but three drops of water slapped into her face. "That's it." she muttered, "This place is totally unsuitable for human habitation." 

Luna sat up on the cot and grabbed her coat, which she'd been using as a pillow. She jumped up, shook it out and grabbed her headband out of its pocket. Peeking through the bars, she noticed a guard making his way down the row, calling lights' out. Quckly, she flipped her hair back and put the headband on, then stick her arms into the coat. Ready to go, Luna sat cross-legged on the floor, waiting for the guard to arrive. 

When the man finally swaggered up, she grinned at him as he banged on the bars. "Lights' out." he said, and began to walk away. Now she thought, Drop those keys. The man's key ring fell from his fingers and hit the floor with a muted clank. Luna's hand shot between the bars and grabbed the ring. "Wait a sec..." the guard began, but Luna jumped up and quickly shoved the key into the lock and twisted.

As the guard reached for his sword, Luna slammed the door into him, knocking him too the ground and stepped out of the cell.

Come back later to see the epic conclusion.

John breathed in the sweet mountain air. It was so peaceful here, he could almost forget the worry, almost forget - 

"You There! This is private property! Now shoo!"

Almost forget the humanity existed. He turned. "No."

The man blinked. "Excuse me?"

John walked up to him, and stopped. "Listen, let me stay on, I needed to find some peace.

The man raised an eyebrow, and motioned toward a distant gate.

John sighed. He pulled out his sword and chopped off the man's head. He could see the man's wife working in the kitchen over a mile away, thinking nothing was wrong.

She was in for a rude awakening:

Everything was wrong.

Messed up my Character Bio.

5 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

I think it's still important for us to know, to determine how our characters would feel about people from different territories.

I'm going to say territorial dispute, fighting over borders type thing.

I like your characters so far! (Though, John, I thought you had Facet now.)

Working on an intro for Negation and the plot, might wait until Per has a Truth intro out.

Luna grabbed the man's sword and sprinted down the row of cells towards the exit. Two guards sat next the heavy wooden door, playing cards. One of them noticed Luna careening towards them and stood up, getting his friend's attention. The second man legthargically got to his feet and raised his hand as if to stop her. 

Suddenly a burst of dark energy emenated from the guard's palm. Luna rolled her eyes, lowering the blast's chance of hitting her to almost none. It burst past the side of her head and slammed into a cell door behind her. Almost to the men, she threw the ssword at the Entropy Tallented man, increasing the chance of it hitting and killing him a a vast magnitude. The blade tumbled end over end and sunk into the man's chest with a thump.

The second guard had drawn his sword and was blocking the door. Luna smoothly grabbed a chair as she ran past the card table and smashed it into the man's head, doubling his chance of getting knocked out. With unhurried motions, she unlocked the cell block door and stepped into the hallway. Luna walked confidently to the booking area of the prison and burst into the unguarded storeroom. 

A few minutes later, sword belt a comforable weight around her waist, she snuck past a pair of guards and into the stable and mounted a large warhorse. Kicking the horse into motion, she charged out of the prison and into the night.

Truth laid in a hammock at a resort. Unlike his brethren, he didn't pretend to be human, he went by what he was. He laid there for a time thinking, until...

Wait... what? He frowned. He... didn't know what was going to happen. He sat up and looked around, baffled. Am I dreaming? He racked his memory, searching through all the knowledge he had, and he didn't know. After an eternity of knowing... everything, this shocked him, scared him. He felt blind, without his knowledge. Calm down, he thought. You still have most things. He just needed to identify what he didn't know.

He found there still was some he knew about the future, but there was a gaping hole, where normally he knew what was to come. Why didn't he know why- and suddenly, he had an answer. No, it couldn't be... And yet, what other reason was there? 

It had begun.

Edited by Emperor Stick

John smiled, and the world blurred. Not the things that he could see that were in front of him, but everything else, blurred.

What was that?

The world returned to normal, to serene for his liking. Perhaps he could ask Truth... Assuming that he could be bothered. He seemed very relaxed, in a resort somewhere. 

He chose not to call him. He walked down the mountain, heading toward Renaji.