Knowing how slow this RP is (partially to mostly my fault, I’m so sorry), I have to agree with you that we’d probably get stuck. Are we thinking this is going to take a week or two? I don’t know if we ever established a time. 

7 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Yeah, you can go ahead and take me out:ph34r::P

Noted :) 

4 hours ago, Lunamor said:

I’d like to join the new thread, though I’m unsure what to do with Zura as she is stuck in the basement of the Tühine base. I might be able to have her escape in the chaos of the released prisoners. 

She could also just tag along with the gods and come out with them, considering they're still down there. 

Upon hearing a distinctive lack of murder, Tion poked his head back into the room. Out of habit, he started talking, forgetting the danger of the situation momentarily. 

"So what, that's you two's version of a secret handshake then?" He stood, but kept most of his body in the hallway, behind the partial cover of the door frame. "Ever tried it on the wrong person by mistake? 'Hello, Gati- Bang! Woops, sorry about that. Thought you were a god!'"

He now saw in Samantha's hand the gun, which seemed familiar, but the specifics still eluded him. It's a projectile weapon. Used in the Nomad Wars maybe? Though we haven't fought there in a while. And what was that thing called? A pun? A pastel? A... no, that's not it. But there's a connection there, perhaps they've a similar name. Tion decided to trust his gut on this one. 

"Steady on, Infinity. Glad to see your powers have not been as..." He paused, noticing the guards, who looked poised to strike. "Glad to see that you're in good health. Now, let's not make this situation any more tense than it needs to be. We have a common goal, well, destination. Just lower your pastry and we can talk about this."

As soon as he said it, the term sounded right. At least my memories are still intact, he mused.

Sam holsters the gun, giving Tion a sigh, “it’s not like they could hurt me anyway, I could be on the other side of the continent before they could blink.” She then turns to Negation, “only one, because last time I fired more than one and your little ‘put the bullet back in the gun trick’ screwed with it. I couldn’t get the chamber to start rotating again for a week after that.”  
@Archer @AonEne

15 hours ago, Lunamor said:

I’d like to join the new thread, though I’m unsure what to do with Zura as she is stuck in the basement of the Tühine base. I might be able to have her escape in the chaos of the released prisoners.

If you don't want to come along with the gods, we could retcon, that you were with Price and Sagitta/ left with them. Just another option, it'S completely up to you ^_^

I'm looking forward to rp with you again.

Edited by Sorana

So that’s what pastr- guns are called, Tion thought as he blinked really fast. In front of him, one of the guards very hesitantly reached their arm forward to poke at Sam. Before he could connect, his companion placed their hand on his arm. He had procured a small religious text from his pocket and was thumbing through it like it was a handbook for deity interactions.

“Just hold off a sec, I think there’s something in the appendix for this.”

Emboldened, Tion stepped fully into the room. “How did you get here, Infinity? We need to go to the epicenter of that earthquake, and quickly. Perhaps we use your cart and pool our resources, travelling together in a sort of cartpool?”

Recognizing the tome as the ever-popular contemporary prayer-book Praising the Pantheon, he whispered in the humans' direction. "Try chapter five, the one on Entropy. I ghostwrote it as a joke. There's some funny acrostics in there, it's long story."

Getting ready for that inevitable interaction between the humans, who spend days planning a trip, getting permission and supplies, and travelling to the city, when they meet the gods, who will inevitably just teleport there or freeze time as they walk, then very sincerely ask Price and Sagitta “What took you so long??”.

On 1/21/2020 at 1:26 PM, Dr. Dapper said:

I'd like to get back in but I have no idea what happened.

Entropy kidnapped Sensation, who was rescued by Negation and Truth; all three fought their way out and wandered off, when they discovered Sagitta, Price, and Zura, who had just fought a wild animal and then each other before bonding. The whole group interacts and plays the intimidation game and then Gati tried to and halfway succeeded in wiping the mortals' memories, leading Tion to pretend there were monsters closing in and everyone got teleported to the Tuhinine city of Fel because Gati texted Reality and asked him to. We leave an innocent child behind in the wild after essentially using him as a prop. Meanwhile Infinity and Izzy take a trip to Fel. Everyone except Price and disputably Sagitta gets locked up, but then Tion breaks out again with a bunch of insane NPCs in his wake. People have conversations and play the intimidation game, which causes Price and Sagitta to bond more. An earthquake-plot-device-surge-of-power thing hits all the gods and compels them to go to Tiska, a nomad city. Dark Tion who is totally different from Lawful Neutral (?) Tion shows up, plays the intimidation game and leaves. Price and Sagitta bond over speaking to authority figures and obtaining horses. Infinity shows up because the power of guns and pastries. She left Izzy in an alley. Where's Truth? Who knows. Will Zura join us? Find out next time in Augury!

7 hours ago, Archer said:

Getting ready for that inevitable interaction between the humans when they meet the gods... 

I think we have a few main options: we can skip the journey entirely, we can write a few scenes of what happened on the journey and then move on, or we can write the whole journey. I don't mind either way but I'm preferential to the second option.

4 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

I would like to get involved eventually - I don't know if the time is right currently.

Noted! Tell us if you ever want to come in.

"Oh good, you brought Izzy along," Gati murmured, then smiled slightly. "And it's your own fault for shooting. You know the consequence." He shook himself. "Anyway, he's right. Getting to that city is utmost."

22 hours ago, AonEne said:

I think we have a few main options: we can skip the journey entirely, we can write a few scenes of what happened on the journey and then move on, or we can write the whole journey. I don't mind either way but I'm preferential to the second option.

Do we do it in this thread, then the next one is located at [insert name of earthquake city I've forgotten the name of here]?

"First stop is to grab the girl, then," Tion concluded. And to see how much you've twisted her mind during your journey. 

"PRAISE BE!" Interjected one of the guards. He was reading loudly from his book. "For their godly forms are all around us! Praise be that their holy might does shine within us! And lo, though weary eyes do be deceived, praise be in the Eternity of the Mysterious!"

Tion frowned at him. "Quiet, we're having a divine conversation."

The second guard elbowed his companion. "I think you're using that wrong." With his free hand, he snatched the tome away, then used it to smack Tion across the face. 

"Oww!"

"Sorry bud, reading's never been my strong suit."

"You got me right in the nose!" The god blinked away tears as he shuffled backwards so his foot touched Sam's. "All searing! Infinity, kindly get us out of this place. Now. Ow. Before any more of these brutes have the chance to harass us."

*shrugs* We could also do that. I’m inclined to have them set off and start the journey in this one, then move to a new thread and write a few scenes with timeskips in between them before arriving at the city. How does that sound to everyone else? 

“Shouldn’t we wait for the other two to show up?” Gati pointed out. 

*much nodding of heads*

Tion pinched his nose to dull the pain, which raised his voice by an octave.

"The humans?" he squeaked. "Shouldn't think we'd need them. Besides, they'd just try to kill us along the way. That's what those people do."

He rummaged around in his coat until he found a small, green glass bottle. The god ripped off the stopper with his teeth and downed its contents in a single swig. His nostrils flared as the drink went down. "Huh. This stuff used to taste better."

In retribution for the book bopping, he chucked the bottle in the general direction of the illiterate guard. The man knocked it aside with the flat of their sword. 

*humans reverse engineer the bullet and develop guns a hundred years early*

The moment time stopped around him, Tion's face became very pale. Then he puked. Green-tinted vomit spewed from his mouth, coating the shoes of the guards and large portions of the floor. "Guess that drink was more off than I thought," he joked uneasily when it was done.

He let out a long burp. "Nope, not quite finished. I'm sorry, I'll meet you at the girl." With surprising speed, he ran out the door. His footsteps could be heard moving down the corridor, then stopping. In the distance, a door creaked open. Retching noises followed. 

On 1/21/2020 at 10:19 PM, Sorana said:

If you don't want to come along with the gods, we could retcon, that you were with Price and Sagitta/ left with them. Just another option, it'S completely up to you ^_^

I'm looking forward to rp with you again.

I feel like a retcon would make the most sense for Zura, as she is absolutely terrified by the gods and would try and avoid them. If we did that I’d probably just start rping again once the new thread is made, though, cause I don’t want to mess up your current interaction (the ship must not be disturbed!). Thanks for being so understanding about this! ^_^

On 25.1.2020 at 5:51 AM, Lunamor said:

I feel like a retcon would make the most sense for Zura, as she is absolutely terrified by the gods and would try and avoid them. If we did that I’d probably just start rping again once the new thread is made, though, cause I don’t want to mess up your current interaction (the ship must not be disturbed!). Thanks for being so understanding about this! 

Then let's do that.

Reading through the other posts it feels like the next thread will start sometime soon. (And don't worry about disturbing anything - you aren't)

Welp, Tion throwing up feels like a good place to cut it. :P New thread in the works! I’ll link it here when I post it. 

EDIT: HERE IT IS FOLKS sorry that took so long 

Please don’t close this thread. 

Edited by AonEne