“Yes, sir?” Price looked up at the general.

The general paused, looked towards Sagitta’s ready position and Price’s posture, ready to write down things on his ledger, and smiled. “Alright,” he began.

“There is a merchant in Tiska named Wassi who scammed me a long time ago. I want you to kill him.”

Price stopped his writing and looked up to the general. The man spread his arms opened and shrugged.

“That’s it. Find him and him. Nobody scams me and gets away with it.”

Slowly Price nodded. “Thank you, sir,” he added and slowly stepped out of that room, away from all of those weapons and past those guards. One of them handed back his poison knife and he hid it back into those robes.

“That’s it, then,” he said excitedly to Sagitta. “We have approval!”

18 hours ago, Ookla the Maybe-Existent said:

“That’s it, then,” he said excitedly to Sagitta. “We have approval!”

Sagitta wasn't entirely sure what to make of the order to kill someone that had scammed the general, but it wasn't her place to ask questions and so she kept quiet, followed Price out of the room and retrieved her weapons. His excitement was catchy and she grinned at him as well.

"Let's go and get the supplies and then see that we don't miss them leaving?" She suggested and slowly started down the hallway, until they were out of the earshot of the guards. She didn't stop walking, but her voice turned serious when she turned her head to look Price into his eyes.

"What am I?" She asked and quickly clarified. "I wear a prisoner's cloths, but you let me have weapons. I, I always knew about my place and who I was allowed to cross and who not, and which orders to follow and which not." She looked away from his face, to the ground.

"You tell me, I'm free but I don't look the way and apart from you, nobody treats me that way either. So what am I? What is my role, what do I have to expect, what do you expect me to do?" She had asked the question before, in a slightly different variant, back when they had bargained. They had talked about testing, back before they had met the gods, back when he hadn't trusted her with weapons, when she hadn't offered to teach him yet. Their relationship had changed, the whole situation had been turned upside down and while she suspected, that staying quiet and just rolling with it might be better, she wasn't really comfortable with it. All her life she had known exactly what her place was - this vague thing she had ended up with, made her uncomfortable.

Price looked at Sagitta as they walked, frowned slightly.

“I’m not sure myself.” He fell silent when he realised that wasn’t helpful. So he tried as best he could. “A mercenary?” He suggested, then explained.

“I don’t mean any offence by that. I mean that mercenaries are warriors bound by a contract, right? And in exchange they get money — but in this exchange you get a place to sleep, food, and resources.” He paused, remembered something. “And a way back to Ta’e’ilo, after all of this is over. As we agreed.”

Gesturing a lower-ranked scribe over Price told him what they needed and the scribe write down on his own ledger, moving away to get everything organised. “So yes, a mercenary. Outside of our organisation, but working for it nonetheless. Does that sound good?”

Turning a corner he addressed the other thing she said.

“And yes, I’ve got some scribes to organise some things for us like clothes and weapons. But horses are something we will need to pick ourselves. Which is why we are going to the stables. By the time we pick a horse the rest of the resources should be ready for our departure.” With a smile he added. “I love Tühinine efficiency.”

1 hour ago, Ookla the Maybe-Existent said:

“And yes, I’ve got some scribes to organise some things for us like clothes and weapons. But horses are something we will need to pick ourselves. Which is why we are going to the stables. By the time we pick a horse the rest of the resources should be ready for our departure.” With a smile he added. “I love Tühinine efficiency.”

Sagitta considered his idea and finally nodded. "A mercenary." It sounded fitting, and while she had no idea where it left her hierarchy wise, she worked for Price, so it probably left her somewhere close to his own rank. Whichever that was. But it would work, work very well. She could deal with something as loose as that easily. As Price didn't specify again what she was supposed to do, she saw no need to do it either. She would teach him, she would help him - as long as she wasn't endangering her country. She followed him through the complex, excited to see the stables, and even more excited to finally exchange her weapon for a real, good set.

Price would probably need to train with a shorter sword first, she doubted that he was able to lift a two-handed long sword yet, but they could start their training nonetheless. It had been a while since she'd taught other, really taught at least. They had trained to together, had helped each other, but to really teach was something else entirely. Smiling she rounded a corner and grinned at him. "I would like to change before we head out. But I think we'll find the time for that."

On 26/12/2019 at 11:11 PM, Sorana said:

“I would like to change before we head out. But I think we'll find the time for that."

“Oh, we definitely will,” Price agreed, stepping up another flight of stairs and watching as the scribes walking past looked more new and the guards looked more like soldiers from the army.

Sagitta didn’t seem to have any problem with the mercenary explanation, which was good. Usually the term was met with frowns around here. To be a mercenary meant you worked for the coin, not for your nation. Although in the current state of the war the government was hiring as many as they could against Cahaya.

Finally Price stood at a large door. He looked to Sagitta.

“This part is always disorienting.”

Gesturing to the guards posted at each side of the door, he stepped back as they heaved it open, and sunlight spilled into the hall, blinding Price. He was never prepared for it in all his time as a researcher.

16 hours ago, Ookla the Maybe-Existent said:

Gesturing to the guards posted at each side of the door, he stepped back as they heaved it open, and sunlight spilled into the hall, blinding Price. He was never prepared for it in all his time as a researcher.

Sagitta pressed her eyes together when the bright light fell into her eyes. She stopped, didn't walk out, instead she waited until her eyes had gotten used to the sunlight, before she took a first step outside. The air was fresh compared to the the hallways underground and she could hear some bird flying and signing outside.

It felt good to be out of the underground complex again, and she slowly walked outside, ignored the guards giving her strange looks and nervously shifitng her weight. A prisoner carrying weapons. A strange sight, she suspected, but it would change soon. A mercenary. Sagitta wondered how she had gone from soldier to something else, how she had changed that much so easily withing a couple of weeks.

She took a deep breath, inhaled the fresh cold air and smiled when she felt freer again. And soon she wouldn't look like a prisoner anymore as well. She would be free, for the first time in weeks there would be no chains. If she wanted to leave, Price would let her go, he had to. Free. Her hands touched the scars and bruised skin on her arms were the rough rope the Nomads had used had ripped her skin open again and again. Free. Wordlessly she lifted a hand and wiped invisible tears away when she took another breath, when she finally relaxed for the first time in months. She was free.

Price blinked some more until he was accustomed to the light as well, and finally looked around at the surface world. Trees stood just beyond the main fencing, and it felt like a long while ago when Price remembered the antics that had happened in the forest. Meeting a Cahayan. Meeting the gods.

“Come,” Price said, looking to Sagitta. She seemed the happiest she had been in a while. Price could understand, the surface level was relieving for someone who hadn’t spent most of their daily life underground. After months of work in the catacomb-like tunnels and chambers, Price found everything to be so... open, out here.

He walked a short distance to where the smell of horses kicked him in the face. The stables. A stablehand hopped up from a stool and waved at them.

“A scribe already told me that you need horses for the nomad lands,” he said, looked over at Sagitta and Price. “Any of you ridden a horse before?”

Edited by Ookla the Maybe-Existent

38 minutes ago, Ookla the Maybe-Existent said:

“A scribe already told me that you need horses for the nomad lands,” he said, looked over at Sagitta and Price. “Any of you ridden a horse before?”

"It's been a while." Sagitta replied while she followed Price and stopped in front of the stablehand. "I'm definitely no good rider. But I've sat on a horse before and managed to ride into the right direction." She gave a small embaressed laugh and spread her hands. "I'm a beginner, I fear, so a short explanation of do's and don't's would be awesome."

She smiled at him, still elated by the air and the space around her body. It was a good feeling and she found herself smiling at Price aswell, wondered if he knew how to ride, or if he was about her level.

“I’ve done it a couple times as well, but I’m a beginner,” Price said. He was more sued to travelling around in carriages than having to ride a horse himself. The stablehand nodded, as if he expected the answer and led them deeper within the stables. On each side were horses kept individually. Sagitta’s happiness didn’t seem to have diminished. Maybe she liked horses? Price wrote something down.

“So, the number one tip is to make the horse comfortable. They are the ones doing the running. Picking the right one goes a long way in that regard.” The stablehand shrugged. “Other than that, don’t slouch, don’t grip too tightly on the horse with your legs, and don’t push too hard on the stirrups. Balance is more important than grip. So,”

He spread his hands out, gestured to the stable. “See any you like?”

10 minutes ago, Ookla the Maybe-Existent said:

He spread his hands out, gestured to the stable. “See any you like?”

Sagittag followed them into the stable and looked around. Pick a horse. She walked around and took a look at each of them. There were different ones, some munching on straw, others watching her attentively. She finally stopped in front of a box, with a horse with gold coat and white mane and tail in it.

The horse turned her ears towards her and she tentatively extended her hand towards her. "Hello," she read the sign next to the box, "Sunny." What a stupid name. But it fit the golden coat well. Sunny touched her hand with her nose and Sagitta looked the horse over. She was of a lithe build and seemed nice and quiet.

"Can I take her?" She asked and looked at the stablehand. "She seems nice."

58 minutes ago, Sorana said:

“Can I take her?" She asked and looked at the stablehand. "She seems nice."

The stablehand turned to her and looked at the horse.

“Oh, Sunny?” He said without needing to look at the name. He walked over to where she was being kept was and opened the lock. He opened the doors and stepped back, and the horse remained where it was, moving forward only slightly. The stablehand smiled at the horse and looked to Sagitta.

“Sure. Just bring her back okay. She’s a good horse,” he looked back to Sunny. “Quiet, but she’s got the power where it counts.”

He turned and looked at Price. “What about you?” He asked. Price had his eyes on a dark horse named Grapefruit.

“Why’s he called Grapefruit?”

The stablehand shrugged. “It’s his favourite thing to eat.”

“I’ll take him.”

“Okay,” The stablehand said and unlocked the box for Grapefruit too.

9 minutes ago, Ookla the Maybe-Existent said:

“Okay,” The stablehand said and unlocked the box for Grapefruit too.

Sagitta reached out for Sunny's halter and slowly lead the horse out of her box. "She's a beauty." She replied and patted the horse's neck. "I will take care of her."

She smiled at the stablehand. "A quick rundown about horsecare would be great. And maybe supplies to do it? Brush her coat and her mane? What about her hooves."

The horse thumbed her nose against Sagitta's head and started to munch on her hair. "Uhhhh." Sagitta tried to get her hair out of the animal's teeth and sighed. "We will be good friends, I think."

A movement at the other end of the stall caught her eyes. Another scribe, gesturing to Price. Impressed by the efficiency, Sagitta smiled and could feel her excitement spike when she hoped, that this meant that their equipment had arrived. A sword. Sunny resumed to munch on her hair and she sighed. There was a reason she was no cavalry man.

3 hours ago, Sorana said:

A movement at the other end of the stall caught her eyes. Another scribe, gesturing to Price. Impressed by the efficiency, Sagitta smiled and could feel her excitement spike when she hoped, that this meant that their equipment had arrived. A sword. Sunny resumed to munch on her hair and she sighed. There was a reason she was no cavalry man.

“Of course,” the stablehand said and smiled at the horse munching on her hair. As he explained how to take care of the horse and tools to help do it, which were in a pouch by the saddle, Price was looking to the scribe gesturing to him. He walked from his horse to the scribe, who was holding a list.

“All supplies, obtained. It’s waiting outside.” He showed Price the list, and Price frowned.

“Where’s the sword?” He asked. The scribe eyes widened and he gestured to another scribe carrying a large longsword. Price smiled. “Get a change of clothes and then give the clothes and sword to that woman over there,” he pointed to Sagitta and then walked over.

“The stables have a private room you can change in,” he said.

22 hours ago, Ookla the Maybe-Existent said:

“The stables have a private room you can change in,” he said.

"Thank you." She smiled at him and handed the reins of Sunny to the stablehand, before turning back to Price. She carefully took hold of the large sword, the weight familiar and she could feel her heart skip a beat when she realized that it really was for her. It was as tall as she was, with a long handle for both of her hands, and while she didn't want to draw it to judge it's balance, she still took a look at a part of the blade and found it well polished and taken-care off. A good blade, a very good one.

She grabbed the cloths as well and stepped into the private room, undressed wuickly and neatly folded the cloths she had worn so far. You never knew when she might need them. Still it was a relief to dress in something different again, something will more than one layer and a proper belt to keep everything in place. The pants were made of cotton, not fit for winter, but warm enough for the weather outside and they compared nicely with the tunic. And the paddened vest to wear above. Sagitta fastened the belt and then rebraided her hair, when she felt like discarding all memories of being trapped, of being a prisoner. She wrapped long strips of fabric around her shins to keep the pants close to her legs and pulled the shoes over them, made sure everything was comfortable and then repeated the gesture with her arms. Loose sleeves tended to get in the way and she liked the opportunity to cover her scars. Forget about everything that happened, if only for a few hours.

Finally she reached out for the sword again, and then slung it over her shoulder, to wear it on her back. It was too long to be worn comfortably by her side, although she did add the tomahawk and the knife to her belt. Side weapon for shorter distances and you always could make good use of a knife. When she stepped outside again she almost felt like her former self and her eyes fell on Price, frowning as he looked at some list.

"Before you tell me, what is wrong with the list, " She started, reached out for his hand and took it in hers. "Let me thank you. You just handed me back my freedom and myself and know that I will do everything I can, to train you the best way possible. When I'm done with you, you will be able to best most of them with the right weapon in your hands." It wasn't much, but it was everything she had.

On 01/01/2020 at 10:18 PM, Sorana said:

"Before you tell me, what is wrong with the list, " She started, reached out for his hand and took it in hers. "Let me thank you. You just handed me back my freedom and myself and know that I will do everything I can, to train you the best way possible. When I'm done with you, you will be able to best most of them with the right weapon in your hands." It wasn't much, but it was everything she had.

“Oh,” Price said, found himself smiling. “Thank you.”

It was an odd thought, to imagine himself with a sword rather than a quill, but his hopes were his hopes, and Sagitta spoke earnestly. Price was going to be trained, like a soldier. A warrior. And then, maybe he wouldn’t have to rely on guards to open heavy doors and would be able to command with real authority — proper authority.

Looking at the new set of clothes, new hair and weapons all ready he nodded. “You look good. Not like a slave, but a solider. Or mercenary.” He smiled and looked towards the large sword.

“Is it good enough?” He asked.

2 hours ago, Ookla the Maybe-Existent said:

“Is it good enough?” He asked.

"Yes, it's perfect." She replied and lifted her free hand to touch the handle with her fingers. It was still there. A familiar weight on her back. She didn't plan to draw it here, in the stables, it would only make the animals go crazy, but it was here. And as soon as she had some space, she would be able to train again. Whenever she wanted. What she wanted. As long as she wanted.

She smiled at him as well, already planning his training in her head. They needed to build up some muscle first, and he might be better with a lighter, quicker weapon, they would need to spend some time decided whether he should go for a one-handed or a two-handed weapon. Combine the experiments with getting him into shape and working on his footwork probably. She let got of his hand, slightly embaressed, that she was holding onto him again and took a step back, looked at the equipment they had gotten.

"You should go and get your own. I will show you how to wear it and you should start doing so now. The sooner you get accustomed to the weight the better."

I talked to Ene, and we're to tag her, once we're ready to leave. Then she will start the new thread.

I don't know how much of the journey we'll rp, so we might have to have the beginning of the training happen off screen.

21 hours ago, Sorana said:

“You should go and get your own. I will show you how to wear it and you should start doing so now. The sooner you get accustomed to the weight the better."

It was good, if she found it perfect.

“What weapon would you suggest?” Price said. The idea of getting accustomed to the weight of a weapon was exciting and yet scary. The heaviest weapon he’d ever carried was the knife he hid around within his robes.

Okay. We’ll probably be ready to leave super soon ^_^

16 hours ago, Ookla the Maybe-Existent said:

It was good, if she found it perfect.

“What weapon would you suggest?” Price said. The idea of getting accustomed to the weight of a weapon was exciting and yet scary. The heaviest weapon he’d ever carried was the knife he hid around within his robes.

"A sword of course." Sagitta grinned at him and then held up the Tomahawk. "A sword of this size and length is a short sword. You should definitely wear one of them, as you need a short side weapon." She looked him up and down and then opened the buckle holding her sword to her back. She handed it to Price.

"This one, you have to wield with both hands. It's about as long as I am tall. I call it a long sword, as opposed to a longsword, which is wielded with one hand. I know that sometimes they are call two-handed blades as well, but in the end, the name we use at home is long sword." She gestured to its length. "In battle, units with a long sword, usually are heavily armored as well. The focus is not to defend yourself, but to use momentum to break an enemie's line and to bring it's full weight to bear. They heavy armour only add to your momentum and, as you might have guessed already, most opponents with a shorter weapon are dangerous, the moment they are too close. Defending yourself is possible, but it's an offensive weapon, and therefore you need to armour to protect yourself. Usually you will try to kill you opponent, even when you have to accept a blow to do that."

She looked over Price. "We've got a long way to go, you physically aren't able to wear enough armour to really use a long sword to its full efficiency at the moment." Walking around him, she judged his stature. "I would suggest you get a padded vest and start wearing that. Get used to something contricting your movement a little. When can add something else to that later on. We will traing with a short sword first. I suspect you will need to rely on feed, be more on the flanks, than the center of a line for a while, while you build up strength. As we have no real line, I will focus on drawing them, then you can come at them from the sides."

"So we need a short sword, and if you are interested in the long one, then you need a long one as well. The rest will come with time. We will train daily as soon as we started travelling. An hour in the morning and one in the evening." She clapped him on the shoulder. "You will regret this in two days, maybe three." A grin touched her lips. "But you don't give up. And then the real fun begins. With your instinct thrown into the mix as well - you can be devastating."

• 2 weeks later...

Sam’s knees buckle from the sudden rush of power, she regains her footing as the feeling shift to a pull. Screw that, that city has crap pastries. Bored of waiting she stops time around her and pushes the door to the room open. Walking past the frozen figures. Taking a good position in the corner she draws the revolver at her hip, a weapon that hadn’t quite been invented yet but being the god of time had its perks. Sighting she fires a single shot towards the side of Negations head, the bullet slowing to a stop as it leaves the barrel. Time resuming the gunshot echoes around the chamber. 
@AonEne @everyone else in this room. 

On 08/01/2020 at 3:32 PM, Sorana said:

“So we need a short sword, and if you are interested in the long one, then you need a long one as well. The rest will come with time. We will train daily as soon as we started travelling. An hour in the morning and one in the evening." She clapped him on the shoulder. "You will regret this in two days, maybe three." A grin touched her lips. "But you don't give up. And then the real fun begins. With your instinct thrown into the mix as well - you can be devastating."

“Alright,” Price said and nodded, imagining what the training would look like. He found himself more excited than he’d been in a long time and he took a deep breath, smiled. They were chasing gods, following gods and he was going to be trained! Quickly he made a gesture and another scribe went off, and a moment later they had arrived with a vest and a short sword. Price remembered when he had been one of those scribes, scrambling to fulfil orders from an intimidating superior.

“This is amazing,” he said quietly, and hopped onto his horse. “That’s everything I think.” The equipment was packed and they would carry it with them, the horses were strong enough that the extra luggage was no problem. “We’re ready to go?”

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Maybe-Existent said:

“This is amazing,” he said quietly, and hopped onto his horse. “That’s everything I think.” The equipment was packed and they would carry it with them, the horses were strong enough that the extra luggage was no problem. “We’re ready to go?”

Sagitta smiled and climbed on her horse again. She had to try twice till she managed, but then she finally sat in the saddle.

"Yes." She smiled, surprised by how much she was looking for ward to this. "Let's go."

She still wanted to return to her home, she needed to, but for now - she had searched for a break, had yearned for one. For a way to stop fighting and to stop the killing. If she succeeded here, maybe there would be a way to stop the war, to regain the good graces of the gods. It was a feeble hope, but it gave her strength made her smile and she felt her shoulders relax when she saw a path for her to go as well.

"Yes." She repeated. "Let's go."

@AonEne

Ready for chapter 2

My apologies for not posting in a while. I’ve been following the Sagitta/Price romance shenanigans however, and would like to coordinate with the narrative pitstop they’ve come to. So we can quickly transition to another thread, I figure the gods can just do the typical thing that happens in an unexpected gunfight and scramble? If you want a fight, Po, I’m down for it, but for the time being, Tion will briefly hide. He’ll come back into the fray in the next verse. We just need to bring the action to a lull or cliffhanger, then continue it in the new thread. Part of that will depend how Ene reacts, but in the meantime, you have options. 

Tion flinched as a loud bang sounded, mere meters from his ears. Instinctively, he tapped his Power to stop them from ringing, but it had no effect. Arms pressed protectively against his head to protect himself from whatever falling debris he assumed had smashed to the ground, he dove for cover.

It was then that he saw Sam. She was facing Gati, but the god recognized her stance; her hips had always had an enviable amount of swagger in them. Her body blocked his view of the God of Negation.

Something’s off about this.

Sam’s sudden appearance and the distinct way the noise that had been emitted sounded triggered an instinct in Tion, based on a memory he couldn’t quite recall. He needed to run, to hide, to- find some decent pastries? While his synapses scrambled to make connections that would make sense of the situation, Tion dove out of the room’s open door and pressed himself against the hallway wall, hoping he would go unnoticed there.

Meanwhile, the two guards who had been standing to attention in the room, brainwashed up until that point by Tion’s magic, suddenly found themselves returning to lucidity. They fumbled for a moment, eyes agape, taking the scene in. Then, almost in unison, they both drew their swords and pointed them at Sam.

Edited by Archer

15 minutes ago, Archer said:

My apologies for not posting in a while. I’ve been following the Sagitta/Price romance shenanigans however, and would like to coordinate with the narrative pitstop they’ve come to. So we can quickly transition to another thread, I figure the gods can just do the typical thing that happens in an unexpected gunfight and scramble? If you want a fight, Po, I’m down for it, but for the time being, Tion will briefly hide. He’ll come back into the fray in the next verse. We just need to bring the action to a lull or cliffhanger, then continue it in the new thread. Part of that will depend how Ene reacts, but in the meantime, you have options. 

Don't worry aoubt it! Reading your post already made up for that break. ^_^

Honestly, I'm not really sure how to go on either, I discussed with Ene, that we finish our preparations and then follow the gods to the north. I'm not entirely sure where/ when to start the next thread either. I think our arrival in the north might be a good point, although in that case we probably should gloss over some of the travel parts in some kind of intro post and we might have to skip over some of the forming of the group. Does anybody has an idea how to go on/ did you think about something Ene?

I can do a writeup of some sorts, if we need one, but especially if we skip the journey, we need to agree what happens during it.

@AonEne @Ookla the Maybe-Existent

Edited by Sorana

Sorry for the delay! No need to worry, no big fights are planned. I’ll go with whatever you guys would prefer, on however much of the journey you want to write, but nothing plot-relevant (or relevant to the imminent plot, at least) will happen during the trip unless any of you specifically want it to. I’m also fine with timeskipping straight to the city if you want. 

To everyone below, if you’re being tagged, you’re inactive. If you want to join us and be not inactive, say so. This will be your last warning before the new thread is made. 

@BringerofShadows @Lunamor (No pressure, I know you’ve been working through stuff :)) @xinoehp512 @Emperor Stick @John Flamesinger @Dr. Dapper @Jaywalk @Truthless of Shinovar @Ark1002 

On 1/17/2020 at 0:47 PM, Blessing of Potency said:

Sighting she fires a single shot towards the side of Negations head, the bullet slowing to a stop as it leaves the barrel. Time resuming the gunshot echoes around the chamber. 

Gati only realized he had lost track of his surroundings and drifted off when the bullet impacted his head. 

It was only instinct that saved him, not the instinct given to a person by a god but old-fashioned, primal, gut-reaction don’t die. His Power sent the bullet, and only the bullet, into whiplash, drilling it back into the gun it had come from less than a second before without so much as making the weapon quiver. The echo from the shot still rebounded on the walls and smoke still curled from the barrel as Negation blinked, then looked up. 

Infinity faced him, watching her latest attempt. Sensation had dashed out into the hall and the two guards, who he had forgotten were even there, had drawn their swords. 

Gati shook his head tiredly at her, refocusing on something other than the pounding urge to move. Standing up (when had he fallen to his knees again?) relaxed the need for a moment, but not long. “Hello, Samantha. Only one shot this time?” His eyes tracked the points of the guards’ blades as they wavered slightly in confusion. Tion has not yet witnessed this tradition, he remembered. It was harder to come to that conclusion, to think through anything at all when all he really wanted to do was walk out the door and continue walking until he was there. “Last time you did more than one, didn’t you...? Or was that the time before...” 

4 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Sorry for the delay! No need to worry, no big fights are planned. I’ll go with whatever you guys would prefer, on however much of the journey you want to write, but nothing plot-relevant (or relevant to the imminent plot, at least) will happen during the trip unless any of you specifically want it to. I’m also fine with timeskipping straight to the city if you want. 

I think we should timeskip directly to the city. We can claim that some "group forming" happened, but if we say that it moves slowly, we can easily rp that on screen, in the new thread. Same with Sagitta training Price, we can clain that it started, and still write some corresponding scenes when they fit in later.

I simply feel, that we might get stuck on the journey, without something really driving the plot, so it might be better, if we simply had an intro post, showing a little of the journey, doing some scene setting and that's it.