"The pleasure is mine, Gati." she smiled at him and was about to add something, when Price mentioned the boy. The boy she had killed. He had been dead, she had said the words herself. she had checked. She knew, that he had been dead.

"How?" She asked Price quietly, stared at the form of the boy sitting next to them. He was right, he was alive, she could see the tell-tale signs of his chest moving. Undead. "What is going on here?" She added, her hand closed around the handle of the tomahawk again. If only she had her armor, her sword. then she could face them all, but without them she felt vulnerable like a child. Fear grabbed her heart when she looked at the travellers again, slowly putting piece to piece.

"What did you do?" She asked, her voice rising slightly. "Zura is acting strangely, I can't remember your names, but I know that I would have asked." she needed a name to say the last words. And it was impolite to sit down together without sharing names. "And the boy is alive again." Slowly she shifted her weight in order to get up quickly should they proove to be dangerous.

@AonEne @Archer

On 10/6/2019 at 8:04 PM, AonEne said:

Izzy closed her eyes. The insistent tugging of her instinct had ceased, so she assumed Gati was safe, or at least that Truth was, since that's who it had been warning her about anyway. Okay. Stuck in a clearing with a bunch of gods who seem perfectly content to do nothing. I can let this shatter my worldview even more than Gati already has these last days, or I can try to find him/her, because that's the one person who's seemed willing to do something about the Augury. She jumped up from the log she'd found and marched over to the nearest god, one who was pretty interesting-looking. She wondered if he ever went out in public, and if so, if he looked like that when he did. "HEY. Do you have a way to contact Negation?"

@Ark1002

Hey Ark, if you want a way in, I’m handing it to you! 

@Ark1002 

Gati took in a breath: let it out. “What makes you think it was me who did anything?” 

25 minutes ago, AonEne said:

@Ark1002 

Gati took in a breath: let it out. “What makes you think it was me who did anything?” 

"One of you. not you neccessarily." Sagitta clarified and narrowed her eyes at Gati. The way he had inhaled. Something was off. "We were talking peacefully, and then you come around and suddenly Zura forgets about everything and we're back where we started." She lifted a finger, added more detail to the facts she'd listed of earlier. "Then the boy is alive again, and I killed him myself. As I know for sure that neither Price nor Zura are able to do this -" her hand made a sweeping gesture towards the travellers. "It means one of you did the trick."

Additionally there was the fact that her memories seemed strange, as if she had fallen asleep at one point or the other. But maybe she had, or maybe she was growing till. She lifted a hand and touched the skin at her neck. Warm, but not too warm. She wasn't developping a fever. Therefore she wasn't hallucinating. Stating the her memories felt off, was too vague and so she left it away.

"What happened?"

7 hours ago, Sorana said:

"What happened?" 

Well, that plan failed. Thanks for the suggestion, Tion, Gati thought miserably. "Things happened. Things escalated. I tried to deescalate them. I didn't do very well, apparently." 

My apologies for my recent inactivity. 

Tion had stood, as if in a trance, a little way away from the group for the last couple minutes. Suddenly, he shook his head briskly, and smartly stepped forward to reintegrate himself into the circle.

That ought to have been enough time for Gati to do her thing.

“Hello,” he greeted them warmly, oblivious to the tension between the party members. “It’s me, Tion! I know, I know, I’ve been away so long you’ve probably forgotten what I even look like-”

He paused to give them the opportunity to laugh at his joke, and was only slightly disappointed by the tepid response. “-but I’m pleased to announce that despite the delays, my scouting was entirely successful!”

He nodded at Gati, but the expression on their face made him pause. They seemed concerned about something. The God of Sensation made a mental note to ask the individual of indeterminant gender about it later.

“Let me tell you,” he continued cheerfully, “there are so many of those beastie things following us right now. Fausterloicks. No, that’s not it. Gati, what were they calling those critters now? Doesn’t matter. You all know those big, angry cat things? There’s at least ten of them sniffing around about a mile back, moving this way at speed.”

He smiled at them, exuding a manic calmness that seemed at odds with his dire tidings. As he stood, shifting his weight from one foot to another, he wiped the blood from his fingertips onto his coattails. The recently resurrected boy was staring at him with a confused look on his face, so Tion mouthed we are all going to die soon! at him, by way of explanation.

The God of Sensation grinned. "That's the name! It's funny, they sound so much scarier when you call them that, I can see why they went with that one. It really helps you visualize their flesh rending teeth and gargantuan claws. Rawwwr, I'm going to eat you all, amiright?" 

Tion chuckled. His left hand, cupped to represent a beast's maw, began pretending to devour his right. The god made small screaming noises out of the corner of his mouth to accompany the tableau. 

"What?" he said. "The nice lady's got a sword, we'll be fine."

He winked at the previously dead boy, and dramatically mouthed at him the words or will we?.

Edited by Archer

Price’s eyes widened as he stood up sharply, looking towards the gods. “Forestlynxes?” He asked in shock. They’d probably smelled the dead of one of their own. Forestlynxes were savage, they wouldn’t hesitate in eating the dead bodies of one of their own if it meant a good meal for the night. A whole hoard of Forestlynxes?

The gods didn’t seem nearly as worried as he was. “But, you’ll help us, right? Fight them off with whatever magic you have?” Inside Price scolded himself. He had just been thinking how evil the gods were, how they didn’t deserve prayer, and now that he was in danger he begged for their services, like some sort of peasant? But still, they had barely fended off one Forestlynx. A whole group would slaughter them if the gods didn’t help.

3 hours ago, Archer said:

"What?" he said. "The nice lady's got a sword, we'll be fine."

He winked at the previously dead boy, and dramatically mouthed at him the words or will we?.

"I don't have a sword." Sagitta got to her feet as well, grimaced when her leg hurt because of the movement. "If I had a sword and my armor things would look a little brighter, but ten of them -" She shook her head, but grabbed the tomahawk. If she died here, she would die fighting. And if she survived, she would ask Price where to get a real weapon. She was tired of improvising with something else.

Price addressed the travellers again, asked for their help, although Gati had already admitted that there was nothing he could do. That left the other one, and she wondered what their instinct might be. No, not instinct, Price had asked about magic, as if he didn't know what they were able to do. Price who was studying instincts, didn't know what their abilities were. That meant, they weren't normal. Add to that the changed memories and the Undead. Something was wrong here.

She readied herself for the battle, calmed her heartbeat, focused. "Is there a chance that we hide? Or at least a part of us?" She looked at Price, suspected that he was the one who knew.

@I think I am here.

7 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“But, you’ll help us, right? Fight them off with whatever magic you have?” 

"I can't, right now," Gati said, frowning. "I wish I could. Tion, could you hide us, perhaps?" A thought hit him; he pulled his phone from his pocket and rapidly texted Reality. Could you help us out with a ride? The Augury's messing things up again and we have a hoard of Forestlynxes on their way to kill us. 

@xinoehp512 (if you want a way into the plot, this could be it? or if not then we'll do something else) 

*Xino rides in on the back of a forestlynx*

"Don't they teach you unarmed combat anymore? I think you could wrestle at least three of them before being ripped to shreds. If we use Book Boy as a distraction, you could probably take down a fourth."

When his fellow diety began to text, Tion stared at the phone, aghast. It was almost as if Gati wanted to re-reveal their secret. There was some miscommunication going on; Negation's game-plan did not make sense to him. Why do these mortals still know so much?

"I don't know what you're talking about," he said very loudly and slowly, over emphasizing each word. "I have never tried to use my instinct to preform such a powerful feat."

Now, which would be easier, hiding them, or making them think they're hidden? He elected to attempt the latter. "Oh dear. I've never done something like this for so many fellow humans before!"

The zombie boy coughed. Seizing the opportunity, Tion let loose a small surge of Power to warp the sound that came from his mouth, effectively preforming magical ventriloquism. "I believe in you," the boy appeared to say, although his voice sounded more like a two-year old on helium. 

"Thanks for the vote of confidence, kid! That was just the encouragement I needed to unlock my full potential. Wow, I can feel the Power rushing through my veins! Here we go, everybody!"

He extended his magic towards each of the assembled, coaxing their eyes to see the air around them shimmer, then seemingly solidify into a dirt-brown semi-spherical barrier about five meters in diameter that surrounded them completely. He snapped is fingers, and in the center of the mass, he suggested to them all that a campfire appeared, emitting a bright light, but no heat. 

"Oof," he grunted. "That was so hard. We're now hidden beneath an oddly located and shaped illusion of a hill. This should keep us visually hidden for a few minutes, but I should note that it won't conceal our scents or sounds, and to see outside, someone will have to poke their head out of the barrier, which is actually going to be hilarious to watch..."

Task complete, the god began to pace. 

He must be having issues with his Power as well, Gati thought. That difficulty isn’t normal for him. She gave the boy a curious look, but didn’t think too hard about it. Sometimes people squeaked when they were frightened. She slipped her phone away again. 

18 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Why do you need my help? responded Thomas. And what does that poem have to do with anything?

That poem is making our Powers work strangely, or not at all. I can’t do anything and Tion’s having trouble. 

...Thomas 

I think we could die 

Texting lets you do so much fun stuff with formatting :D

He thought for a couple seconds. Fel, in Tühine. Thanks 

Edit: Unless someone else wants us to go somewhere specific, in which case I’ll retcon later. 

Edited by AonEne

Back alley, eh? Mmm, I sense a crossover opportunity... 

The hill, to the eyes of the travellers, came with them. 

"It's just not okay to- Thom's ***, who did that?" Tion dropped the illusion and looked around. "Which one of you's a 'porter? Geez people, warn a guy before you do that! Where's my stone? It's not here, it's not here..."

The god began patting his pockets, searching his trench coat frantically. His breath hitched, he was close to hyperventilating. Finally, his hand closed around a small pebble in one of them, right where he had left it. 

Squeezing it tightly, he let out a sigh of relief, then spun to glower at the humans. "Never do that again."

No Alleyverse references here, idk what y'all are talking about

Gati closed his eyes for a long second of relief, then ignored his abating adrenaline and pocketed his phone once more, thumbing off a last smiling emoji (:D) to Reality. After doing a swift head count to be sure they were all there, he took in their surroundings. The alley they were in dead-ended at one side, stretching out in the other direction until it hit an angular turn to the right. It was a fairly typical alley, shadowed and lit only by stars and the light from the venetian blinds covering the window of the building it was next to.

I see it like this:                              

_____________________building wall__________________________________________________________________

<-- dead end                                   (our group)                                                                                               turn    >v           |

----------door----window---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|                                 |

building wall ^ this side is inside                       supposed to be solid walls, but I can't do that       -->      |                                 |

|                                 |

I don't know why I bothered typing all that, especially when I probably just got invalidated by a ninja :P

Edit: I can work with that.

"I asked Reality for help," Gati said in a low tone to Tion. "I apologize for startling you."

Edited by AonEne

Zura jumped when the hill disappeared and she found herself in an alley. She hadn’t felt any sensation of movement, yet was in a completely different placw. Or had she been in the same place the entire time? Was this some sort of trick? Had she been lured into a trap? She whipped out a knife and pointed it at the Tühine, her prime suspect for this event. Only one of his kind would dare lie to a Cahayan. She ignored what the others were saying.

”Was this all some sort of trick?”

She echoed her thoughts and twisted the knife so that the light of the moon glinted off its polished surface. The knuckles of the hand gripping the weapon were white. 

3 hours ago, Archer said:

Squeezing it tightly, he let out a sigh of relief, then spun to glower at the humans. "Never do that again."

A challenge. Admist all the chaos, the teleportation, this was something she knew how to handle. She stayed between Zura and Price, shot Zura a dark glance, daring her to come closer, to try to fight her. A fight. Easier than to try to understand what happened familiar and in contrast to the forstlynxes, nothing to be afraid of.

"We?" She shook her head at Tion. "We did something? We were talking peacefully, and then you come around. You do something to my mind, you change Zura's memories and finally you lure a horde of forestlynxes to our place. Whoever you are, just leave us alone and take your bad luck with you."

Glowering at Zura she added. "And you can leave with them. Either we fight or we don't. All this fight, no fight, fight, no fight. Do you have the guts to stand you woman, or don't you?"