Wander89

Stormlight/Mistborn UK textless cover art

5 posts in this topic

Where is this from?

3 hours ago, Karger said:

Where is this from?

It's the UK book covers without the text just worked into a collage. Reddit user u/kreitler initially did these individually. 

Edited by Wander89
EDIT: I have others if people would be interested in them. Cosmere or otherwise

Is there a reason the UK and US have such different cover art? I personally prefer the UK ones but that's where I'm from so I guess I may have answered my own question. I guess I'm more used to seeing minimalistic book covers rather than full, detailed artwork.

On 5/26/2020 at 0:09 PM, Dasaxman said:

Is there a reason the UK and US have such different cover art? I personally prefer the UK ones but that's where I'm from so I guess I may have answered my own question. I guess I'm more used to seeing minimalistic book covers rather than full, detailed artwork.

That is so interesting; I noticed the same...I am originally from Germany so when they finally made the Stormlight Archive available in German I thought some of the covers were cool but I was just so used to the US cover by that point. The reason why I probably love the US covers is that they are so epic and I myself am a huge fan of epic fantasy art. (Wish I would be so talented to create such wonderful and detailed art). But I have to admit the UK cover has something, too. The simplicity of the lines combined with a single color is quite striking. I wonder if the different covers are connected to the different cultures in the countries....