The Lost Metal Cover Character

Use the Falchion

The Lost Metal Cover Character?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will appear on the cover of The Lost Metal alongside Wax?

• Wayne (Like AoL)
    • Marasi (Like SoS)
    • Steris (Like BoM)
    • MeLaan
    • Ranette
    • Allik
    • Telsin
    • Someone New
    • A Mix (Please explain below!)
    • Other (Please explain below!)

7 minutes ago, Karger said:

Do you have a source?  Always like to keep track of upcoming works.

Yeah, I think this is the one I was remembering.

Jess

Can we get a small, just a small tidbit or a reveal of what Marasi is going to be doing in The Lost Metal?

Brandon Sanderson

So, opening scene of The Lost Metal is her and Wayne. It's a couple of years later and Wax is basically retired to <a thing> and Wayne is her deputy now instead, mainly so she can keep him channeled in the right direction.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking it's going to be somewhat of a pattern following the first 3 books. Book 1, Wax and Wayne are hunting down their old pal. Book 2 Wax is trying to figure out his feelings towards Marasi. Book 3 Steris becomes Wax's wife and he discovers he loves her. I think the only major character that Wax interacts with who hasn't been on the cover and that book 4 has to elaborate on their relationship is Harmony. 

23 minutes ago, Not-So-Logicalspren said:

I'm thinking it's going to be somewhat of a pattern following the first 3 books. Book 1, Wax and Wayne are hunting down their old pal. Book 2 Wax is trying to figure out his feelings towards Marasi. Book 3 Steris becomes Wax's wife and he discovers he loves her. I think the only major character that Wax interacts with who hasn't been on the cover and that book 4 has to elaborate on their relationship is Harmony. 

Wax is going to be retired in this book.

2 hours ago, Karger said:

Wax is going to be retired in this book.

Retired means he’s not going to be a sort-of-kind-of-constable anymore.  I can’t imagine that Wax is the type of person who would sit by and do nothing when two of his best friends are taking down the criminal organization lead by his sister.  I would actually be extremely disappointed in him if he does give up on bringing down the Set.

Just my own thought.  And I know that WoB said that he’d be retired to <a thing>, and I think that thing is chasing the Set.

• Chaos locked this topic