The Rithmatist Movement

Hi guys,

New here, but here goes. I've been a fan of Brando Sando for some time now, but I wanted to properly join the community when I read most of the cosmere books and I'm glad to say that its finally happened. However, I must now call all of us to join forces, so that The Rithmatist, one of the most unique books by Sanderson with a killer magic system, be integrated into the Cosmere with its own system called The Cretan System. Now I know there's the minor issue of no Hoid but hey, he was probably off soothing in the Rosharan System. 

Apart from that, happy to be here :)

I don't think you really understand how much goes into the ideas of the magic systems and how they work. Since all of the cosmere books have magic systems and histories bound incredibly tightly into Adonalsium, the shards, and the three realms, I don't think he could simply pick up another world that he created separately with separate ideas and just drop it in. I don't think that it would work. Also, I like having some of his books outside the cosmere because it gives me a bit of a break from searching through every chapter for references to other books. It makes them a little bit of a lighter read for me, which is what I want from YA book like Rithmatist. I am waiting more for the sequel just to see more of this world.

Welcome to the Shard! It's great to see such active imaginations on the forums however I happen to think Earth best stay out of it, it works better that way and the magic can be more actively explored without the rules of Earth being involved.

Hope to see more of your concepts round the forum!

Hello,

Thanks for the welcome Wander89. And to answer the others, yes I do understand that the Cosmere has a crazy amount of planning and thought that goes into it, especially with all the Shards, different types of Investiture and how there's a whole overarching story. And while I agree that an alternate version of Earth is best left out of it, a guy can dream! Especially since The Rithmatist is such a fantastic book and deserves so much more recognition. But yeah, I guess The Rithmatist Movement is dead.

On 02/07/2019 at 5:26 PM, RithmaMists99 said:

Hello,

Thanks for the welcome Wander89. And to answer the others, yes I do understand that the Cosmere has a crazy amount of planning and thought that goes into it, especially with all the Shards, different types of Investiture and how there's a whole overarching story. And while I agree that an alternate version of Earth is best left out of it, a guy can dream! Especially since The Rithmatist is such a fantastic book and deserves so much more recognition. But yeah, I guess The Rithmatist Movement is dead.

What if every story that was based on Earth was connected? That would make for some good theorising!