Hollow Knight Discussion Topic (+ Memes for funsies)

Deep Focus + Grubsong: Allows healing with the Knight's SOUL slowly decreasing (losing 3 SOUL each time 2 points of damage is received and healed - two hits gives 30 SOUL which gets healed for 33 SOUL). Adding Grubberfly's Elegy gives the Knight an unlimited supply of SOUL for healing (gaining 17 SOUL each time 2 points of damage is received and healed - its interaction with Grubsong increases the return to 50 SOUL for two hits).

^ from the wiki. How did I not know this?? Infinite soul sounds pretty good to me...

2 minutes ago, Honorless said:

Has anyone here played Rain World, it's kinda similar to Hollow Knight in style

I have not, but on the topic of similar Hollow Knight games, I played the Demo of a game that’s called (I think) Ori and the something-or-other, and it looks really fun, very very similar to HK. I’m definitely gonna pick it up once it goes on sale. Or maybe I’ll get impatient and buy it anyway. 

1 hour ago, Danex said:

I have not, but on the topic of similar Hollow Knight games, I played the Demo of a game that’s called (I think) Ori and the something-or-other, and it looks really fun, very very similar to HK. I’m definitely gonna pick it up once it goes on sale. Or maybe I’ll get impatient and buy it anyway. 

Ori and the Blind Forest! Yeah, I tried the demo out too, but it seemed similar enough to HK that I decided I only needed one or the other, and considering I had already sold my soul to HK, I had made my decision.

1 hour ago, Honorless said:

Has anyone here played Rain World, it's kinda similar to Hollow Knight in style

No, what’s it about?

So I’m on the 3rd Pantheon and I have like <100 hours gameplay, sooo I’m bad at this game but I keep trying 

Also I have some memes: 

Spoiler

C5D7193A-CD26-469C-B138-AD01D2D009E6.thumb.jpeg.7f0733f3b716bbb050c352c0ff7745ad.jpegHere I was laughing soooo hard for like 10 minutes. 4E991AC4-BD6C-433E-83AA-3106A7FE2746.jpeg.c5cab29033538b31067b6a168bc440c3.jpeg
and the last one will change your view of Grimm permanently: 

Spoiler

49D11361-1F4B-4ACA-AA7C-B7B8D8097A51.jpeg.d2b8df5e49b925b35cfb48ce07224e21.jpeg

5 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

And I'm stuck. First time of many I bet. I'm on the fight with Hornet (first fight? I feel like she'll be a recurring boss). I know how to dodge all of her movements but am not succeeding at it. Guess practice makes perfect, I'll just keep trying. 

^The entire game in a nutshell. Keep practice until you can dodge all her attacks with ease, don’t even worry about attacking until you really learn the boss. Once you’ve done that, start attacking when you’re absolutely sure that you won’t be hit. Or, if you want to be more risky, just attack whenever you get the opportunity, you just might risk losing a mask.

Well, here's an update on my current completion status:

Spoiler

Radiance=defeated. Myla=avenged. Path of Pain=beaten. Trial of the Fool=not begun. Pantheons=No idea where or what they are other than a bossrush thing. The Grimm Troupe=not begun.

2 hours ago, Nameless said:

Well, here's an update on my current completion status:

Hide contents

Radiance=defeated. Myla=avenged. Path of Pain=beaten. Trial of the Fool=not begun. Pantheons=No idea where or what they are other than a bossrush thing. The Grimm Troupe=not begun.

Spoiler

Yeah, pantheons are basically boss rushes with cool hidden lore and more endings!

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

8 minutes ago, TheMothLord said:

it's spooky month so i drew some doodles of grimm and the troupe

the bottom right hand one came from an idea I had at 3 A.M. I woke up and thought "the grimm troupe has dnd sessions every Friday" so it exists now.

IMG_20201005_110827.jpg

Wow! Here is my fanart: FAF2D37C-4861-42AC-AA7E-B540262C925C.thumb.jpeg.6bf47418ba20a16682dea7148df45af0.jpeg

2 hours ago, Shard of Reading said:

So I was wondering if I should get this game. I know people who are on here would be really biased but once I finish my windwaker play through I want another game to play and was wondering if this is a good game. (Also how would you describe the gameplay?)

Hollow Knight is like the textbook definition of a classic Metroidvania. If you're looking for a game with great environmental storytelling, some genuinely challenging platforming, and hundreds of hours of content, I would say that this is a game for you.