Hollow Knight Discussion Topic (+ Memes for funsies)

1 hour ago, Darkfinder said:

Yeah

There is a breakable wall in that room above the place were he died (and in between the place you fight him in) that has the maggot corpse that you need

Awesome, I found it and have destroyed it. It was actually giving me some trouble at first, it took me quite a few tries, but I found the most OP charm build for this fight. Unbreakable Strength, Quick slash, Stalwart Shell, and Lifeblood Core. You can just completely tank it. I felt like a speedrunner, you just whack whack whack and he’s dead. 

Edited by Danex

5 hours ago, Danex said:

Also also, is it possible to kill the dude that protects the resting grounds? Does he give you essence?

Yes, but you have to kill all the other spirits resting, one by one as the guard deals double damage to you. Finally, after you kill everyone, he gives you a sad dialogue of how he forgot what he was doing, and he submits to the dreamnail.

15 hours ago, Danex said:

The false knight is the dude at the very beginning right? The white slug thing in the fat armor? Above and to the left of the Forgotten Crossroads Stag Station? I went there and didn’t see a dream thing. Found the empty armor, no dream thing. 

15 hours ago, Darkfinder said:

Yeah

There is a breakable wall in that room above the place were he died (and in between the place you fight him in) that has the maggot corpse that you need

There will be another maggot in there next to it. DON'T KILL IT, as it can be used as an infinite source of soul, if you use your dream nail 

Edit: didn't see second page.

Edited by Kings_way
Oops

22 hours ago, Ruled Subject said:

For delicate flower I used Kingsoul so I could blast enemies from far away with shade soul anytime I want.

I never got an opportunity to use kingsoul for anything, I immediately went down and voidhearted it XP. Also, completely unrelated, but I like your pfp. No idea what it is, but it’s a very nice color, soft on the eyes. 

19 hours ago, The Dude That Wore White said:

i made a thing and i feel like it's incredibly important to share

No, i don't take constructive criticism because I'm right

4emojn.jpg

It’s beautiful. Cept I think Hornet would be exactly where NKG is. Also technically the Knight should be perfectly in the center. Being a perfectly empty vessel and all that. The Hollow Knight could be in the center but just barely towards bottom right. Tarnished by an idea instilled.....an idea...of McDonald’s. 

Edited by Danex

Well, I have now collected the soul nail, killed(?) one of the dreamers, the hunter, and beaten the trial of the warrior. My current plan is to beat the trial of the conqueror, upgrade my sword and beat Hornet 2.0, and then go find and kill(?) the watcher.

On a side note, the fight against Zote the mighty was awesome.

(Spoilers for the Zote fight)

Spoiler

I saw Zote come up and was like "Oh great, a bossfight. This is going to be... wait. Is he really that weak?" I felt kinda guilty just beating on him like that.

Edited by Nameless

6 hours ago, Nameless said:

Well, I have now collected the soul nail, killed(?) one of the dreamers, the hunter, and beaten the trial of the warrior. My current plan is to beat the trial of the conqueror, upgrade my sword and beat Hornet 2.0, and then go find and kill(?) the watcher.

On a side note, the fight against Zote the mighty was awesome.

(Spoilers for the Zote fight)

Reveal hidden contents

I saw Zote come up and was like "Oh great, a bossfight. This is going to be... wait. Is he really that weak?" I felt kinda guilty just beating on him like that.

Spoiler

Killed.

Inside the black egg is a long hallway with a bench. Resting at the bench will give you worldsense, making a completion percentage show in the Items menu. past the bench is the Hollow Knight, but you won't have to fight them the first time until you break the chains. Once you beat them you get an achievement and the credits role, then you go back to the menu. If you return to your file, you will be back at the bench.