Hollow Knight Discussion Topic (+ Memes for funsies)

12 minutes ago, Nameless said:

SILKSONG RELEASE DATE IS OUT! Coming on November 18th 2021!

(Here's the link to team Cherry's announcment, if you want it)

I’m not clicking that link

its April first

i believe nothing

18 hours ago, Shard of Reading said:

Okay, guys please help. I can't figure out how to get to the final dreamer in the City of Tears. The only doors that I can see on the map are locked and I can't figure it out, and it's super annoying.

you go to resting grounds and there you have a lift, from which you go to the aristocratic place. idk exactly where are you stuck, but then you go up and beat some bugs and then the watcher knights. from there you just have to climb up

19 hours ago, Shard of Reading said:

Okay, guys please help. I can't figure out how to get to the final dreamer in the City of Tears. The only doors that I can see on the map are locked and I can't figure it out, and it's super annoying.

Yeah, you need to go through resting grounds to go to the west side of the City. You also (are supposed to) need the Monarch Wings from Ancient Basin.

• 1 month later...

finally beat the third pantheon. Zote took forever to get past, but I changed out my charms for nail ones and beat it pretty easily.

(Spoiler for the boss of the third pantheon)

Spoiler

I beat Sly on my first try. I got to him and was expecting to have to practice him a bunch, but I just beat him. So that's cool.

On 5/20/2021 at 8:08 PM, Nameless said:

finally beat the third pantheon. Zote took forever to get past, but I changed out my charms for nail ones and beat it pretty easily.

(Spoiler for the boss of the third pantheon)

Reveal hidden contents

I beat Sly on my first try. I got to him and was expecting to have to practice him a bunch, but I just beat him. So that's cool.

It would seem that you are the Nailsage now...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

(Is this thread dead? I don’t care. I guess not terribly)

This game is awesome! I basically have no idea what all the side quests and things other than the Dreamers and Hollow Knight boss main plot are but I’ll figure it out :P I beat the Deepnest one and currently hate the Watcher Knights so that’s cool. (Yes, I broke the chandelier and have good charms and things)

And I saved Zote because I didn’t know not to :P.

Geo lost to dying before reclaiming my shade: ~1500

Edit: Or maybe today I can just beat them and take out the Dreamer and then also find Uumuu and take out the third Dreamer B) 

Edited by Matrim's Dice

21 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

(Is this thread dead? I don’t care. I guess not terribly)

This game is awesome! I basically have no idea what all the side quests and things other than the Dreamers and Hollow Knight boss main plot are but I’ll figure it out :P I beat the Deepnest one and currently hate the Watcher Knights so that’s cool. (Yes, I broke the chandelier and have good charms and things)

And I saved Zote because I didn’t know not to :P.

Geo lost to dying before reclaiming my shade: ~1500

Edit: Or maybe today I can just beat them and take out the Dreamer and then also find Uumuu and take out the third Dreamer B) 

Glad to see you're enjoying the game! have you fought the final boss yet?

59 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Glad to see you're enjoying the game! have you fought the final boss yet?

Nope, but that’s the next thing I’m gonna do. Then I’ll explore literally everything. Or try to.

11 hours ago, Nameless said:

There's a lot to explore.

I know ^_^ Pretty psyched about it tbh

Edit: Beat The Hollow Knight! Took me the better part of an hour, but Phase 3 was easier than Phase 2 which was a welcome surprise. Am I the only one who felt bad for the Hollow Knight by the end of that fight?

Got the ending where

Spoiler

The Knight became the new Vessel.

30ish hours and 56% completion rate, so I’m nowhere near done but this is a good milestone :D.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2021 at 9:42 PM, Matrim's Dice said:

I know ^_^ Pretty psyched about it tbh

Edit: Beat The Hollow Knight! Took me the better part of an hour, but Phase 3 was easier than Phase 2 which was a welcome surprise. Am I the only one who felt bad for the Hollow Knight by the end of that fight?

Got the ending where

Reveal hidden contents

The Knight became the new Vessel.

30ish hours and 56% completion rate, so I’m nowhere near done but this is a good milestone :D.

Congratulations! That tends to be the first ending a lot of people go for/get. There's a ton to do in this game, from the Grimm Troupe and Godmaster content, to the Dream Bosses. I hope you'll keep us posted on any other big achievements in this game you happen upon! Playing Hollow Knight for the first time is a once in a lifetime experience.

50 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Congratulations! That tends to be the first ending a lot of people go for/get. There's a ton to do in this game, from the Grimm Troupe and Godmaster content, to the Dream Bosses. I hope you'll keep us posted on any other big achievements in this game you happen upon! Playing Hollow Knight for the first time is a once in a lifetime experience.

I beat all the dream bosses- Failed Champion was actually the hardest for me. I one-shot Soul Tyrant somehow… Grey Prince Zote was kinda dumb but it was a bit easier than FC for me I think… Lost Kin was dumb until I equipped Grimmchild to take care of the infection floating things and then it was a piece of cake. I’m waiting to fight Grimm until I have all the Unbreakable charms because I don’t want to accidentally banish the Troupe :P.

Encountering the Massive Moss Charger late game and killing it with 3 spells and two nail hits was probably my favorite thing ever xD I beat Crystal Guardian on my first attempt too (Not Enraged though, not even close) and Hive Knight.

Hiveblood saved my White Palace run, and now that I have Void Heart I’m back in the black egg- I got the ending where

Spoiler

Hornet dies D: Sealed Siblings

And am working on fighting the Radiance now.

I’m very happy that the Hollow Knight isn’t even a hard boss to one attempt now :P  

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I beat all the dream bosses- Failed Champion was actually the hardest for me. I one-shot Soul Tyrant somehow… Grey Prince Zote was kinda dumb but it was a bit easier than FC for me I think… Lost Kin was dumb until I equipped Grimmchild to take care of the infection floating things and then it was a piece of cake. I’m waiting to fight Grimm until I have all the Unbreakable charms because I don’t want to accidentally banish the Troupe :P.

Beating Grimm doesn't banish the bug that gives you the unbreakables. She stays behind until you get all of them.

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Hiveblood saved my White Palace run, and now that I have Void Heart I’m back in the black egg- I got the ending where

Reveal hidden contents

Hornet dies D: Sealed Siblings

And am working on fighting the Radiance now.

I’m very happy that the Hollow Knight isn’t even a hard boss to one attempt now :P  

Good luck with Radiance! She's a pretty tough boss.

On 8/2/2021 at 8:27 AM, Nameless said:

Beating Grimm doesn't banish the bug that gives you the unbreakables. She stays behind until you get all of them.

Good luck with Radiance! She's a pretty tough boss.

Ah, ok.

Thanks! My first attempt I made it to when the floor started getting spiked in half and glowing balls were being shot at me, but idk how far along that is :P

Edit: I DID IT

Spoiler

Is the Dream No More ending the only one there?

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Double posting but I don’t care because I beat the Path of Pain!!

It seriously took me 6 hours across 2.5 days and was pretty much as bad as I thought it’d be. Charms were Hiveblood/Grubsong/Longnail/Quick Slash/Voidheart

The only thing that kept me going was that with each attempt I could see myself progressing. The difference between dying here and dying there was actually really motivating because it was visual proof that I actually could do it.

The reward itself is a bit disappointing but the satisfaction is enough of a reward by itself :D 

Edited by Matrim's Dice

• 2 weeks later...