Hollow Knight Discussion Topic (+ Memes for funsies)

Given that I've noticed at least a few other Hollow Knight fans on these here forums, I figured I'd make a topic to discuss all aspects of this game, and the upcoming sequel Hollow Knight: Silksong. Also memes- memes are very welcome.

So discuss away! And remember- Keep calm and

images.png.31f9433e21227589ceef87fe4f532a8e.png

@Jaywalk @Truthless of Shinovar I know you 2 at least play this game, so feel free to discuss away!

6 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

The Watcher Knights are stupid and I hate them and they’re really hard and oh WHYYYYYYY CAN I NOT BEAT THEM UGGGGGGG.

So, yeah. Those are my thoughts at this point in time.

I've heard that some people consider The Watcher Knights to be the toughest boss in the game. Personally, I hated the Crystal Guardian boss fight (Don't even get me started on Enraged Guardian)

6 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

I've heard that some people consider The Watcher Knights to be the toughest boss in the game. Personally, I hated the Crystal Guardian boss fight (Don't even get me started on Enraged Guardian)

It took me a while to get used to the Crystal Guardian’s patterns, but once I did it was a piece of cake.

Favorite boss fight? Mine has to be Hornet(the third time).

2 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

It took me a while to get used to the Crystal Guardian’s patterns, but once I did it was a piece of cake.

Favorite boss fight? Mine has to be Hornet(the third time).

Wait. You fight Hornet again after Kingdom's Edge encounter?

So, I just beat the Watcher Knights, and figured I'd share my strategy: 

Shade Cloak+ Sharp Shadow (Charm, 2 notches). You can acquire the Shade Cloak in the Abyss (accessible after obtaining The King's Brand), and complete a platforming section to obtain the charm. (Allows your shadow dash to deal the damage of your nail when you dash through enemies)

Quick Focus Charm (Heals faster, good for obvious reasons)

Grubsong Charm (Gets you Soul for getting hit, makes it easier to heal if you're playing it defensive)

Thorns of Agony Charm (Deals 2x your nail's damage to enemies upon getting hit if within range)

There's also a hidden area above the arena where you Mantis Claw just before the arena entrance. If you break a rope-ish thing here, a Chandelier will crush one of the Watcher Knights, so you only have to deal with 5.

If anyone's got any tips for dealing with Traitor Lord, please let me know!

18 hours ago, MetaTerminal said:

I am glad this thread now exists, and I am looking forward to Silksong. The demo footage looks amazing.

You can meet her in another area, but you don't fight her.

(And I think @Fatebreaker plays as well.)

Whaaaat, nooo...

but if I did play it, the Sisters of Battle In Godhome would be my favorite boss.

Honestly, 

Spoiler

Just exploring! I’ve got a lot left that I need to check out, and I’m definitely going for completion, not just beating the game as quick as I can. I’ve killed the two dreamers, Beast and what’s-it’s-face, and I just have Monomon to kill, before something happens, I’m just not for sure what. Until then, there’s a whole cave/world to explore!

3 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Honestly, 

Reveal hidden contents

Just exploring! I’ve got a lot left that I need to check out, and I’m definitely going for completion, not just beating the game as quick as I can. I’ve killed the two dreamers, Beast and what’s-it’s-face, and I just have Monomon to kill, before something happens, I’m just not for sure what. Until then, there’s a whole cave/world to explore!

Nice! Were you aware that there are

Spoiler

Multiple endings?

8 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Yeah!

(But don’t tell me anything about them, I want them to be a surprise!)

Cool. you can actually get all the endings on a single file, so no need to stress about having to do 3 different runs or anything like that.

10 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Hmmm... I just got the what’s-her-face’s blessing, the one that

Reveal hidden contents

gives you a bunch of blue hearts.

I’m conflicted on whtether I should use it or not, what do you guys use it for?

So, Joni's Blessing is a charm that increases your health by 50%, but, as a trade off, because its all Lifeblood, you can't heal any of it. So it's generally only useful for bosses where you don't want to concern yourself with healing, rather just attempting to outlast them. I personally think its a bit of a risky strategy, and therefore I don't use it. But it's all up to you, good fellow.