Truthwatcher_17.5

4th ideal of the windrunners

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

During a signing in January I asked Brandon if the 4th ideal went something along the lines of “I will forgive myself for those I fail to protect” and he said something along the lines of “I don’t want to confirm until he swears it but I’ll put you down as having guessed.” I tried to add it to the windrunner page and it (understandably) got deleted. So my question is where should I put that and how should I cite it?

Edited by Truthwatcher_17.5
Typo

You don't put it down on Coppermind because it's not confirmed. Most of the time, you only put it on when it's confirmed. 

Posted (edited)

Is it on Arcanum for the specific event you went to in January? It might already be there if it was part of the event that was recorded, but might be worth checking just in case! :) If it’s not on Arcanum then I suggest adding it there so it’s recorded somewhere! 

Speculation is used sparingly, but does sometime get added to pages if it has some sort of basis and adds something useful to the page. If there is speculation that you think would enhance a page then please come and discuss it in the Discord server for the Coppermind.

In this case, the Order of the Windrunner page already has information pertaining to what the fourth ideal might be based on content in Oathbringer. What was it you wanted to add? I’m having trouble finding the changes you’re referring to on the above page. If it was a proposal for the direct wording of the Oath then yes this will be removed. 

Edited by LadyLameness
Extra question

I checked on the Arcanum and it is there (questions 5-16 are mine) it was actually December 29th.

1 hour ago, Truthwatcher_17.5 said:

I checked on the Arcanum and it is there (questions 5-16 are mine) it was actually December 29th.

Which specific page did you edit this on the Coppermind? 

15 hours ago, Chaos said:

Which specific page did you edit this on the Coppermind? 

The windrunner page

Can you please provide the link to the page? We’ve looked at the history of the current Windrunner page and cannot see the changes you’re talking about. 

Sorry :mellow:, to clarify the edit was made before January it was, an idea I had for months and then later had a chance to ask him.

I don't think it's a solid enough confirmation for the wiki. I don't read Brandon's reply as anything more than "I acknowledge that you've made a guess;" the wiki deals with much harder facts, even when it comes to its speculations.