Possible but as yet nonexistent magical powers?

Karger

I recently resized that the depth and scope of the Cosmere indicates that we should be able to predict or at least theorize some powers that do not currently exist.  I was wondering why no one has yet exhibited powers that manipulate connection between other people.  Perhaps using this you could form teams more easily as everyone would know each other much better.  You could also use it destructively to interrupt teamwork.

1 hour ago, Bigmikey357 said:

Yes. That and how he draws people to him even when they aren't initially into it like the awakened Singers or his Bridge 4 peeps.

But no conscious control over the power and no way to invert it.

51 minutes ago, Chromium Compounder said:

I would think inverting it (destroying the connections in other groups) sounds more like a Dustbringer power.

A bit but we have not seen any active Dustbringers.

I wonder how Duralumin Feruchemy (or Compounding) looks... it might be the kind of thing that makes you easily form a team with yourself at the center.

I still bash my head against trying to figure out what the other atium alloys would do. I feel like there should be a system, since there's a definite connection between Malatium's and Gold's powers, and the lerasium alloys have a consistent pattern, creating Mistings of that metal. But I'm not sure what...

Edited by cometaryorbit
added comment on atium alloys

Fabriels channeling the Surge of Illumination are the perfect construct for Lightsabers. Best of all, a Lightweaver of Truthwatcher might actually be capable of summoning their spren in the form of said fabriel, as Shardblades adorned with gemstones take the gemstone with them when dismissed, and bring it back when summoned.

As all things exist in the Spritual in the same place, you could theoretically read things off there about other things. So someone capable of parsing the Spiritual can literally have the equivalent to Tony Stark's sunglasses (E.D.I.T.H). There are hints that this can be done in The Emperor's Soul.

• Chaos locked this topic