It might make more sense for people planning to defend the camp to do the same as xino's contact (rather than reveal publicly, as Snipexe just did), to message another person who can reveal to the thread. That way the elims have a lower chance of being able to Invigorate the defenses. It would be easy to communicate through several different people, so that everyone isn't letting the elims know who to roleblock. For example, if someone else were to do the same thing, then they would want to tell someone besides xino. It would also make the defenders a bit more accountable to everyone else.

Sorry for not posting earlier. I'm here now. 

Everyone who is doing a LoW please find a way to inform the thread so that way we avoid wasting our chalk. Right now we only need whoever contacted Xino, but we may need someone else to add one tonight

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

It might make more sense for people planning to defend the camp to do the same as xino's contact (rather than reveal publicly, as Snipexe just did), to message another person who can reveal to the thread. That way the elims have a lower chance of being able to Invigorate the defenses. It would be easy to communicate through several different people, so that everyone isn't letting the elims know who to roleblock. For example, if someone else were to do the same thing, then they would want to tell someone besides xino. It would also make the defenders a bit more accountable to everyone else.

Yeah, that’s probably better then what I did. Oh well, too late now :)

3 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

We seem committed to the idea of lynching an inactive then. @Sart, is it possible to grab the items of the player who is lynched today? If four different players go for chalk, would the fourth one get the chalk dropped by the player who gets lynched?

First off, there's only 2 chalk available, so 4 players definitely aren't getting chalk today. To answer the question though, no, you cannot pickup the items of a player who just died. They will become available in the next turn.

Hello, sorry I haven’t been on for all of this beginning stuff. As Striker mentioned our grandpa is in the hospital and I’ve spent the last two days visiting him, and we’ve also started moving today. I will still be able to play this game so don’t worry. 

Anyways, I personally like the idea of getting one person who we can all agree on are likely village to get the gun every day if they’d be willing to do so, and if we see more kills than would be possible with the amount of kills in the game we could possibly catch an elim. Though, I’d recommend that the person who grabs it doesn’t use it, unless we have a hard elim read on someone. As a couple of people have already pointed out, the bribe will be more useful near the end of the game. Lines of making and crabs will also become more useful after we get one elim dead, but will still be useful no matter what. @Sart if we use our piece of chalk to make a line, will it disappear or does it have multiple uses, considering it’s a piece of chalk?

I’ll poke vote StrikerEZ for no reason other than that he is my brother. :P

1 minute ago, Ventyl said:

Hello, sorry I haven’t been on for all of this beginning stuff. As Striker mentioned our grandpa is in the hospital and I’ve spent the last two days visiting him, and we’ve also started moving today. I will still be able to play this game so don’t worry. 

Anyways, I personally like the idea of getting one person who we can all agree on are likely village to get the gun every day if they’d be willing to do so, and if we see more kills than would be possible with the amount of kills in the game we could possibly catch an elim. Though, I’d recommend that the person who grabs it doesn’t use it, unless we have a hard elim read on someone. As a couple of people have already pointed out, the bribe will be more useful near the end of the game. Lines of making and crabs will also become more useful after we get one elim dead, but will still be useful no matter what. @Sart if we use our piece of chalk to make a line, will it disappear or does it have multiple uses, considering it’s a piece of chalk?

I’ll poke vote StrikerEZ for no reason other than that he is my brother. :P

A piece of chalk is a One-Use item. Once you draw a Line with it, the Chalk is gone.

12 minutes ago, Ventyl said:

Anyways, I personally like the idea of getting one person who we can all agree on are likely village to get the gun every day if they’d be willing to do so, and if we see more kills than would be possible with the amount of kills in the game we could possibly catch an elim. Though, I’d recommend that the person who grabs it doesn’t use it, unless we have a hard elim read on someone

The problem there is that if we agree on one person getting the Gun each time one shows up, it puts them all in one players hands.  Someone that the Elims know the ID of and they will become a target.  The Elims will also have roleblocks so if we vote and decide that a Gun needs to be used, it can simply be blocked.  I would instead consider the option of one person getting a Gun and passing it to another secret person for either holding or using to kill inactives/high level suspects.  The Elims won't know who to target to block the kill but it does come with the downside of it being easier for an Elim getting their hands on a Gun. 

The Camp took stock of its situation, and set to work. Many items were distributed among the survivors while they introduced themselves. Caden noticed something was amiss though. Rick was nowhere to be found. The base was a series of small caves, and so Caden set off spelunking. He was horrified by what he found. Rick's lifeless body was sprawled out in a side cavern, resting in a pool of blood. Wild chalklings were already feasting on the corpse. Some of the swarm noticed Caden. He ran away and screamed, "Guys, we need to get out of here!"

Vote Count:
Cadmium Compounder (1): Butt Ad Venture
Ventyl (1): Araris Valerian
Dr. Dapper (1): Cadmium Compounder
StrikerEZ (1): Ventyl

Dr. Dapper was lynched. He was a Rithmatist.

Items Taken:

Spoiler
  • Snipexe took a Piece of Chalk
  • Cadmium Compounder took a Bribe
  • Devotary of Spontaneity took a Lantern
  • Araris Valerian took a Lantern
  • Shqueeves took a Lantern
  • Butt Ad Venture took a Spring-Powered Crab
  • Elandera took a Spring-Powered Crab
  • Alvron took a Gun! 

Camp Supply:

Spoiler
  • 2 Pieces of Chalk
  • 2 Bribes
  • 1 Bucket of Acid

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. StrikerEZ: Wardell
  2. Dr. Dapper: Rick Rithmatist
  3. Devotary of Spontaneity: Jenoue
  4. Xinoehp52: Ecnelis
  5. Butt Ad Venture: Nathaniel
  6. Araris Valerian: Elysian
  7. Cadmium Compounder: Caden
  8. Lumgol: Character TBD
  9. Ventyl: Jerm Apple
  10. Alvron: Blackbane
  11. Elandera: Brodie Fields
  12. Shqueeves: Jeeves
  13. Snipexe: Snip

The Strength of the Wild Chalklings is at 2. The Night will end at 7:00 PM CDT on July 11, 2019.

I'm so sorry I forgot to get back on the Shard today. It just completely slipped my mind, even though I wasn't as busy today as I thought I'd be. 

Anyway, I just finished getting caught up on what happened D1, and I'm not quite sure what to make of the lynch. I would think that, if one of the Forgotten had been in danger of being lynched, then there would've been more votes on another player to protect the Forgotten. Of course, the Forgotten also could've been trying to avoid suspicion by doing that. Or, we could've gotten really unlucky and happened to put 4 Rithmatists in danger of dying, so the Forgotten didn't even need to vote (or voted on one of the Rithmatists).

Anyway, I still need to go familiarize myself with the rules again, as I'm not quite sure I understand everyone's discussions of the game mechanics yet.

Hey all! we've got about 10-12 hours left, and we still don't have two people claiming to be protecting the camp. Just One so far, and only Xino knows the identity of that person. In no way do I want to become a mayor-type role, but if anyone is interested in protecting tonight, go ahead and reach out to me(or someone else that you trust) and let them know, so they can let the thread know. Two people is the bare minimum that we need. Three people would keep us safe if the elims got lucky with a block attempt, but I don't think that there's any need to have more than 3.

Anyway, I'll try to get up a player analysis. If not tonight, then tomorrow during the day cycle.

Sorry about the double-post, but it's been about 4 hours, and this is significantly new information, that I want people to be able to see it easier. I've had someone reach out to me stating that they would also be willing to do a Line of Warding as well. 

Actually, I've had a couple people reach out, so confirmed with one person to place the Line of Warding, and I want all of your thoughts to determine whether or not we will need the third person for safety reasons or not. 

Oh, I think we definitely do, just to confirm that the camp won’t be over run night one, which would be unfortunate. There’s a decently high probability that one of those who have reached out  is an elim, and therefore can’t be trusted.

Right now, we have a theoretical two Lines of Warding, and four people we can blame if things go wrong(Xino, Cadcom, Xino's 'contact', one of CadCom's two 'contacts'). @xinoehp512, @Cadmium Compounder, it might be worthwhile if you post the names of your contacts ~30 seconds before rollover, in case one of you dies. The disadvantage is a successful protection means we've outed people who don't have chalk anymore, but it does prevent a scenario where an elim offers to draw a Line of Warding, then kills you so nobody finds out who they were. It also stops elim!Xino and/or elim!CadCom from making up a contact who doesn't exist.

@Lumgol It might be best if you leave decision about whether or not you’ll be protecting the camp to yourself. That way, if you’re village, the elims will be less likely to roleblock you since they’d be uncertain if you actually performed an action or not. It’d be a much safer bet for them to attempt to find out the identity of one of CadCom’s or Xino’s contacts, who they know are (supposedly) submitting an action to do a LoW. 

As for myself, I will also leave my decision as to whether or not I will protect the camp ambiguous. 

The camp made steady progress through the Night, inching ever closer to the Tower. Brodie noticed something odd in the distance. Eager to investigate, he ran off ahead of the group. He was surprised to discover a small log cabin nestled in the middle of the woods. Amazed at finding civilization this far into the wilds, he entered the cabin. Papers filled with mad scribbling littered every inch of the place. He picked one up, trying to decipher it. Scrawled on the paper, were notes on theoretical Rithmatics. Incredibly, it detailed two new Lines of Rithmatics. How was that even possible? And what other knowledge was contained in this place? Brodie turned around, eager to report back, but standing in the doorway was a shadowy figure. Brodie was startled, but then relaxed as he realized that it was one of the others.

"You'll never believe..." Brodie was interrupted mid-sentence. The other man had thrown a knife into Brodie's chest. Brodie tried to stay on his feet, but a second knife to the head sealed his fate. The Forgotten looked around the room. The secrets in here were dangerous. If he had the chance, he would have burned this place to the ground. Unfortunately, the others weren't much farther behind. Still, he wasn't too concerned. The Forgotten would make sure the knowledge here never left the group.

Camp Supply:

Hide contents
  • 4 Pieces of Chalk
  • 1 Lantern
  • 1 Spring-Powered Crab
  • 1 Map
  • 1 Book of the Sentry
  • 1 Book of the Guardian
  • 1 Book of the Duelist
  • 1 Book of the Artist
  • 1 Book of the Silencer
  • 1 Book of the Bouncer

Known Items:

Hide contents
  • Piece of Chalk (One-use, Day or Night): Do one of the following:
    • Line of Warding: Add one to the Camp’s Defense (Night)
    • Line of Forbiddance: Protect a player from up to one attack. Can self-target. (Night)
    • Line of Vigor: Negate a player’s action. Cannot negate itself (Day or Night)
    • Line of Making: Learn a player’s action if that action involves Chalk. (Day or Night)
    • Line of Silencing: Remove a player's vote. (Day)
    • Line of Revocation: Make a player lose a random Item, adding it back to the Camp Supply (Day or Night)
  • Bribe (Passive, Day): Give the Bribe to another player. Their vote will change to match yours. That player gains the Bribe, and can use it on future turns. You cannot make a player vote on themselves this way.
  • Bucket of Acid (One-use, Day): Give the Camp one Defense for the next Night.
  • Spring-Powered Crab (One-use, Day): Target a player. You will learn what action they take during the Night
  • Lantern (Passive, Night): You may take a Day action during the Night.
  • Gun (One-use, Day or Night): Kill a player. If more people grab Guns than there are Guns in the supply, no one gets a Gun, and all but one of the players who attempted to grab Guns will die.
  • Map (One-use, Day): Add more items to the Supply
  • Book of the <Specialization> (One-use, Day): Learn the listed Specialization

Specializations:

Spoiler
  • Specializations can be learned throughout the game
  • Each Specialization affects a different Line
  • When a player learns a Specialization, they also learn what the Specialization does
  • The effect of a Specialization is revealed to all players when a player with that Specialization dies

Advanced Rithmatics:

Spoiler
  • All Players have learned two additional uses for Chalk
    • Line of Silencing: Remove a player's vote. (Day)
    • Line of Revocation: Make a player lose a random Item, adding it back to the Camp Supply (Day or Night)

Player List:

Hide contents
  1. StrikerEZ: Wardell
  2. Dr. Dapper: Rick Rithmatist
  3. Devotary of Spontaneity: Jenoue
  4. Xinoehp52: Ecnelis
  5. Butt Ad Venture: Nathaniel
  6. Araris Valerian: Elysian
  7. Cadmium Compounder: Caden
  8. Lumgol: Character TBD
  9. Ventyl: Jerm Apple
  10. Alvron: Blackbane
  11. Elandera: Brodie Fields Rithmatist
  12. Shqueeves: Jeeves
  13. Snipexe: Snip

This Day will end on Saturday, July 13th at 7:00 PM CDT.

Edited by Sart
Clarify how Bribes work