15 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Perhaps we could vote on who gets the gun, so that we don’t all kill each other trying to grab it, and so that it doesn’t vanish during the night.

Voting on who gets the gun does drastically decrease the risk of accidental deaths, if the winner is comfortable with making themselves a target. At this stage, it also increases the chance the Forgotten end up with a gun, as the chance of one of them winning the vote is higher than them risking their lives and being lucky enough to be the only one who goes for the gun in the absence of a vote.

2 hours ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

Therefore, I think it's best to find a balance between protecting the camp, and scanning for suspicious actions. With 13 players, It's likely that there are 3 forgotten and 10 rithmatists. We also don't know if Lines of forbiddance are permanent (until destroyed) or just for the cycle. (I personally think it's permanent, but we are still awaiting clarification) If they are just for the cycle, then it's important to try to not put down more than we need. Which will be difficult this cycle, seeing we have no idea how many chalklings will attack.

Regarding the chalk in the supply, I could see a possible elim strategy to try to take as much chalk as possible and use it to protect themselves, rather than protecting camp, so I think having as many villagers pick up chalk as possible makes it more likely to keep the chalk in good hands. 

The bribe is interesting. It changes someone's vote, and passes the ability to change the vote onto the next player. This is different from other vote changing abilities, as usually the vote changing ability is either one-time, or remains with the person who originally had it. This makes it more difficult to determine alignment based off the change of vote, but also adds some interesting elements for people attempting to distance themselves, or bus someone else. 

I agree with Araris and Alvron regarding the Lantern. It doesn't seem to have much use, as day actions will either only work in the day (Bribe) or affect the night(Crab and Acid.) So all it seems like lantern does is if you already have lantern, and pick up crab or acid, it allows you to use them that night, instead of waiting until the next day. Of course there could be other items or actions that we simply do not know about yet. 

Acquiring all the chalk is definitely useful as chalk is more vital than in the last couple Rithmatist games. I think it's more likely that the Forgotten would use chalk to negate Rithmatist actions, especially those of any gun wielder and people who they believe will be drawing Lines of Warding. This is one of the big disadvantages of publicly coordinating who gets the gun and who draws Lines of Warding. The Forgotten don't have too much chalk to throw around, so the risks of being roleblocked on any particular cycle aren't too high, but we still can't count on success with equal number Lines of Warding and chalklings. I doubt we can afford to spend an extra piece of chalk every cycle either, so we have to somehow make sure there are exactly enough Lines going up without letting the Forgotten know who is drawing them. I don't have any good ideas here.

The other interesting thing about the bribe is that it narrows down the possibilities of who used it to one of the players who voted for the person that bribed player switched their vote to. I think this is an advantage, as it increases accountability without making the briber a target. The bribee might well be a target in the later game though. 

The lantern is permanent, which is nice. I believe Alvron's clarification means that a lantern owner can pick up a bucket of acid during the day and then use it to increase the camp's defence that same cycle. The benefit of having a lantern and a crab is lesser, but does let one use information gained during the day to determine a target.

18 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

@Sart If a player has a lantern, can they take the following action at night?

• As a Day Action, you may take an item from the supply. It will be revealed who took what item in the write-up.

Basically, a player could confirm that their night action was accounted for with this method.

Yes you could. You could also use a Bribe at night, which would affect the following day.

Do Lines of Warding stay for the following Nights?

No. Lines of Warding only work on the night they are drawn. If the camp's defense exceeds the strength of the chalklings, the excess Defense is wasted.

Do the Forgotten have a Night kill?

Yes. As a Night action, one Forgotten can kill a player. They also have a Google doc to collaborate in.

Xino, Thank you for reading the rules better than me, and verifying the chalkling rules. That makes parts of my analysis null. 

Anyway, that means that we need to plan on anywhere between 1 and 3, or maybe 4 Lines of Warding tonight. Most likely 2 or 3. The thing is, we have to slowly find out who we can and can't trust. It is all too easy for an elim to say "I'll use a line of Warding" then use the Line of Vigor, negating someone else's action, putting the village 2 off of where they thought they would be, and not just one. I suppose this makes Line of Making, and Spring powered crabs more important. The risk with line of making is that it uses a valuable piece of chalk. But depending on the circumstances, it may be worth using. 

I'm gonna try to start some PMs and see what information I can gain there. 

Other than that, I'll place a poke vote on Butt Ad Venture @Butt Ad Venture. I'm sorry, My tagging feature does not seem to be working.

4 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

I also agree with this, but would like to note that because this is a passive item, it can be used more than once- it's not used up.

I wouldn't be too sure.  Passive lives are used up when attacked so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that a Lantern is used when performing a Day action during the Night otherwise we might end up with a glut of Lanterns at End-game.

4 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

A dangerous item, but potentially useful. People planning on taking this item should probably warn the others, so we don't get mass shootings.

Where's the fun in that?  How about this, I might be currently planning on going for the Gun.  Anyone else who wants to go for it is free to roll the dice with me.  We'll even use my Dice if you want. :P 
Will I really go for the Gun?  I give it 50/50 odds.  Who wants to tempt Luck and Chance and join me?

18 minutes ago, Alvron said:

I wouldn't be too sure.  Passive lives are used up when attacked so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that a Lantern is used when performing a Day action during the Night otherwise we might end up with a glut of Lanterns at End-game.

Where's the fun in that?  How about this, I might be currently planning on going for the Gun.  Anyone else who wants to go for it is free to roll the dice with me.  We'll even use my Dice if you want. :P 
Will I really go for the Gun?  I give it 50/50 odds.  Who wants to tempt Luck and Chance and join me?

To clarify, you can use the Lantern as many times as you want. It's a Passive effect that lasts as long as you have a Lantern.

9 minutes ago, Sart said:

To clarify, you can use the Lantern as many times as you want. It's a Passive effect that lasts as long as you have a Lantern.

If you have a Lantern but don't want to be revealed when taking items from the Camp during the Night, do you have to get rid of the Lantern first or just place orders not to use it when stealing from Camp?

4 minutes ago, Alvron said:

If you have a Lantern but don't want to be revealed when taking items from the Camp during the Night, do you have to get rid of the Lantern first or just place orders not to use it when stealing from Camp?

Just place orders not to use it. The default is not revealing who takes what. You have to specifically say you're using the Lantern to reveal that you took an item in the writeup.

2 minutes ago, Sart said:

Just place orders not to use it. The default is not revealing who takes what. You have to specifically say you're using the Lantern to reveal that you took an item in the writeup.

So it's more an unlimited use item rather than passive.  Interesting.  Just to be clear, I'm not trying to nit-pick or anything, just getting some ideas for items for any future games I run.

Hmm, so far only 6 of the 13 players have posted. 

1. @StrikerEZ Wardell
  2. @Dr. Dapper: Rick
  3. Devotary of Spontaneity: Jenoue
  4. Xinoehp52: Ecnelis
  5. @Butt Ad Venture: Nathaniel
  6. Araris Valerian: Elysian
  7. Cadmium Compounder: Caden
  8. @Lumgol: Character TBD
  9. @Ventyl: Jerm Apple
  10. Alvron: Blackbane
  11. Elandera: Brodie Fields
  12. @Shqueeves: Jeeves
  13. @Snipexe: Snip

We need you guys! (unless you are not on my team, in which case you can stay inactive :P)

We have one 50% gun claimant then, giving anyone else a theoretical 25% chance of death for going after the gun. This seems to be a reasonable enough deterrent to a Forgotten.

How sustainable is our chalk use? We likely have 10 pieces now, up to three that can potentially be gained from the supply, and a bucket of acid that can replicate the most important chalk function. We'll get new items every day, but not enough to bring the number of items back up to 12. We'll probably get a few more pieces of chalk and acid as the game progresses though. With only 13 players, assuming an average of one death per turn we have at most six cycles, and can 'afford' to fail in protecting the camp twice. If we have four mislynches in a row and neglect to defend the last two cycles, that's 2+3+4+5=14 pieces of chalk needed, which is doable with good coordination and being lucky enough to avoid roleblocks. It doesn't leave a lot of room for Rithmatists to be using chalk's other abilities though. 

Less than 12 hours left in the turn, and we have a total of two votes down.

At this point, especially with a smaller player base, I think I'd prefer a D1 lynch on an inactive player simply to help keep discussion alive longer. For that, Snipexe.

Vote count:

Butt (1) - CadCom
CadCom (1) - Araris
Snipexe (1) - Elandera

Nathaniel looked out over a blood-red sky. Everyone was rushing around conversing about what they should do now that they were alone. They should've expected this. Nothing remains perfect for long, everything falls apart, everyone dies.

I don't have much to offer, Xino explained everything well.

@Cadmium Compounder your problem with pings might be coming from the periods and commas after them. 

CadCom I'll remove my vote from you if you remove your vote from me

Edited by Butt Ad Venture

@Butt Ad Venture I'd just like to point out that voting on someone to get them to unvote on you is a very un-village way to use your vote. It doesn't encourage activity or help us gain any new information.

Also, I agree that lynching an inactive is probably a good idea at this point, and CadCom has been fairly active. For the sake of discussion, I'll put my vote on Ventyl, since a lynch between two inactives might give us more information than a bandwagon on Snipexe.

39 minutes ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

I don't have much to offer, Xino explained everything well.

@Cadmium Compounder your problem with pings might be coming from the periods and commas after them. 

CadCom I'll remove my vote on you if you remove your vote on me.

Be careful with that strategy (As araris mentioned). I remember a few games ago when I got either lynched, or got put under a lot of suspicion for acting too anxious to get a vote off of me. That game, I believe I was village, so I'll put your behavior down as NAI, but just be aware, that others might not take it that way. Butt Ad Venture. Anyway, you've posted, signifying that you are more active than others. *Ninja'd by Araris*

Anyway, we are down to just a few, But I agree with what Araris just said. A split lynch might give us more information than a bandwagon, and I was actually going to vote on Ventyl for that reason. Instead, I'll vote on Dr. Dapper. 

@Dr. Dapper

@Shqueeves

@Ventyl

@Snipexe

You still haven't posted, and three of you are up for the lynch. Since ties are decided randomly, One of these four will currently be lynched. 

CadCom (1) - Butt
Snipexe (1) - Elandera
Ventyl (1) - Araris
Dr. Dapper (1) - CadCom

A big question is if anyone starts out with any bribes or other vote manipulation abilities, then we will be able to see them being used, but also with a 1/4 chance of actually being the one who dies, it's possible that an eliminator won't even try to save their teammate, as there is a 3/4 chance that they won't die. Depending on how things go over the next few hours, I may remove my vote, so as to only make it a 3 way tie, instead of 4, as that would make it more likely for someone to want to use a vote manipulation. 

2 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

Shoot I thought we had more time left.

Alright then. So we need to find a happy medium between burning through chalk and defending right? Also, do we know if forgotten can do Rithmatic abilities?

It isn't explicitly mentioned, but they do start out with chalk, and some of the chalk actions seem designed specifically so that eliminators can use them, so I would tend to think that they can.  

58 minutes ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

It isn't explicitly mentioned, but they do start out with chalk, and some of the chalk actions seem designed specifically so that eliminators can use them, so I would tend to think that they can.  

Ok so that shoots a whole in my rather convoluted plan to find the elims the first night.