Grammarly Chrome Plugin

CadCom

So I've noticed recently that some of my spoilers have been having a super weird format. I think I've found out the reason finally, and on my end, it was a relatively easy fix, I just thought that it could be good to point out. On one of the computers that I use to access the 17th Shard, I have the Grammarly Chrome plug-in turned on. I'm going to try to demonstrate the error down below, using a spoiler

Spoiler

In this spoiler, ive intentionally put in a coople spelling and grammar errors. Grammarly reconizes the errors and does something weird to the post. This can cause problems with names of places or things, like mistborn, allomantic, shardic and other words that are very specific to the cosmere, or the 17th Shard. 

If I've done everything right, when I open the spoiler, it should show a huge blank at the top of the spoiler, right in the middle, there would be a 4, and then at the very bottom, it would actually have the content that I wanted to include. The 4 matches the number of errors Grammarly finds in my post.

If I turn off the Grammarly plug-in then there is no problem, and the spoilers work without an issue, but if the plug-in is on when I originally make the post, it causes the error.

Edit: Well, that's annoying, It doesn't seem to have worked. Let me see if I can find a post where it happened to me. 

Ed2t: 

This post, I actually used the quote box function, but the same error was happening. 

Edited by Cadmium Compounder

My understanding is the CKEditor--this text editor--and Grammarly majorly do not like each other. I noticed this happened on another one of your posts. Somehow Grammarly adds so many divs that the site begins to break. It's worse than your link appears; it's actually making divs so wide that it is creating a horizontal scrollbar on it. It also disables being able to hit edit on it unless you collapse the quote. So really the appearance is the least of the issues...

You should absolutely under no circumstances use Grammarly here. That, or don't quote things. I basically will have to manually go through and remove your quotes on that post as a horizontal scroll bar is not acceptable. Grammarly is generating weird things.

My understanding is this a core problem with all things using CKEditor, not just Invision Power Suite.