Probably news to no one but me...

Ripheus23

... but it appears that the word "Aharietiam" is derived as [from]:

Although the prophecy refers to Gog as an enemy in some future, it is not clear if the confrontation is meant to occur in a final "end of days" since the Hebrew term aḥarit ha-yamim (Hebrew: אחרית הימים) may merely mean "latter days", and is open to interpretation. 

[~Wikipedia article on "Gog and Magog"]

It's not really a well-known fact I think, so it's probably for the better you pointed it out! He did confirm it:

Questioner

Do you use Hebrew words?

Brandon Sanderson

The name Adonalsium is derived from a Hebrew name for God, Adonai and Aharietiam was derived from the Hebrew/Jewish term for the end of days acharit hayamim or אחרית הימים

Miscellaneous 2016 (June 1, 2016)

I believe it's been confirmed that the unmade are all named for ancient middle eastern gods. I've figured out 7:

Ashertmarn= Asherah

Ba-Ado-Mishram= ?

Chemoarish= Chemosh

Dai-Gonarthis= Dagon

Moelach= Moloch

Nergaoul= Nergal

Re-Shephir= Resheph

Sja-Anat= Anat

Yelig-Nar= ?

And some of these, notably Asherah and Moloch, appear in the Torah.

Edited by King of Herdaz

16 minutes ago, Karger said:

Sanderson would be changing the gender if so which he consistently has not if I remember correctly.

I hadn't thought of that. I looked it up and the feminine form of the title is Ba'alah. That seems very similar to me, but there could be something else.

10 hours ago, Turin Turambar said:

Thank You? (For the proper term, at least) Where are they?

Here you go:

“And you shall not give any of your offspring to pass through for Molech. And you shall not profane the Name of your G‑d. I am the L‑rd.” 

Leviticus 18:21. "וּמִזַּרְעֲךָ֥ לֹֽא־תִתֵּ֖ן לְהַֽעֲבִ֣יר לַמֹּ֑לֶךְ וְלֹ֧א תְחַלֵּ֛ל אֶת־שֵׁ֥ם אֱלֹהֶ֖יךָ אֲנִ֥י יְהוָֹֽה"

"Thou shalt not plant thee an Asherah of any kind of tree beside the altar of the LORD thy God, which thou shalt make thee."

Deuteronomy 16:21."לֹא-תִטַּע לְךָ אֲשֵׁרָה, כָּל-עֵץ:  אֵצֶל, מִזְבַּח יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ--אֲשֶׁר תַּעֲשֶׂה-לָּךְ."

• Chaos locked this topic