Truthwatcher spren?

Aluminum

Question

11 answers to this question

There is a context clue from Wyndle that they might be the "Keenspren"

While describing his life as a gardener, Wyndle lists off various types of Spren that had came to him to have gardens grown. Every type that he mentions we know to be a Radiantspren, less the Keenspren. Assuming they follow suit, then there are your Truthwatcher Spren (Or Stoneward Spren as we know every other order's Spren).

Edited by The Sovereign
As Karger pointed out, we also do not know the Stonewards' Spren.

14 minutes ago, The Sovereign said:

While describing his life as a gardener, Wyndle lists off various types of Spren that had came to him to have gardens grown. Every type that he mentions we know to be a Radiantspren, less the Keenspren. Assuming they follow suit, then there are your Truthwatcher Spren (as we know every other order's Spren).

We don't.  Stoneward's spren are still unknown.  Also their are types of spren that are not radiantspren that are still sapiant.

20 hours ago, Karger said:

We don't.  Stoneward's spren are still unknown.  Also their are types of spren that are not radiantspren that are still sapiant.

Yes, you're right, we do not know the Stoneward's spren, we just have a reasonable guess that they are the cracked stone Spren seen in Celebrant . As far as non-radiant Spren that are Sapient, I never said there weren't types, simply that Wyndle names several Spren; Keenspren and a bunch of Spren that we do know are Radiantspren.

18 minutes ago, The Sovereign said:

Yes, you're right, we do not know the Stoneward's spren, we just have a reasonable guess that they are the cracked stone Spren seen in Celebrant . As far as non-radiant Spren that are Sapient, I never said there weren't types, simply that Wyndle names several Spren; Keenspren and a bunch of Spren that we do know are Radiantspren.

Considering we know next to nothing about spren culture I am not sure that that is significant in any way.

39 minutes ago, Karger said:

Considering we know next to nothing about spren culture I am not sure that that is significant in any way.

It has less to do with in book culture and more to do with Brandon's writing style; similar patterns and nods to things we don't have sufficient information at the time can be found throughout his works. It absolutely could be nothing, then again... 

Another thing to consider regarding Keenspren is a matter of definition. One of the definitions of Keen is eager, enthusiastic, and animated. What we have seen of Glys seems to fit this definition. We also saw similar traits in Ym's Truthwatcher Spren. 

1 hour ago, The Sovereign said:

Another thing to consider regarding Keenspren is a matter of definition. One of the definitions of Keen is eager, enthusiastic, and animated. What we have seen of Glys seems to fit this definition. We also saw similar traits in Ym's Truthwatcher Spren. 

And in Pattern and in Syl and in Wyndal(even if he is a grouch)...

On 6/26/2019 at 3:50 PM, The Sovereign said:

Fair enough, maybe I'm grasping at straws.

I think that your point is good.  I actually missed that they were included in a list of other Radiant spren; thanks for pointing it out.  You did said that it was "a context clue" and that they "might be the Keenspren."  Not that they definitely are.  

Wyndle's comments are certainly evidence toward that conclusion.  And since we have a complete lack of evidence pointing toward any other type of spren, we should consider them the most likely of all the candidates.  

Edited by Scion of the Mists