How many Aons can you keep going at once?

We all know (or should know if your on this specific thread) how Elantris's magic system works.  How many Aons can you keep going at once?  If there is no upper limit then Elantris will likely have a large scale object oriented programing industry with many Anonic configurations kept in a state of kinetic investiture at all times for the ease of Elantrians.  If there is a limit could someone explain how it is arrived at to me.

Do you mean per person, or overall? Elantris is a giant Aon, and contains countless Aons within it. It doesn't seem like the initial writer has anything to do with the Aon once it's powered up, so I don't see there being a limit. Heck, there had to be multiple people involved in the Elantris Aon, since Raoden is the one who "fixed" it. So it's not like it even needs to be any single person that makes each one. An Aon assembly line should be feasible.

20 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

Can you make Aons that make Aons?

I don't know but there is no reason why we can't.  I wonder why their is not a library of Aons so you can just right Aon configuration 13 and get a result.

12 hours ago, StanLemon said:

I think the biggest challenge would be the Cognitive Intent necessary to create an Aon

Aons exist in nature.  As to the intent necessary to create them while writing.  No one seems to have any trouble with that.

4 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

Frankly, I doubt you need Intent to make an Aon. Only to activate it. Otherwise you would need to know what the Aon does.

You probably just give a generic intent like an activate command and that will do something.

13 hours ago, StanLemon said:

What I meant by that post was making an Aon that creates Aons

Like the print function in coding?

25 minutes ago, StanLemon said:

I was more thinking the process of actually drawing the Aon

I was wondering if you could get an Aon to "think" and produce an Aon itself.  This would be handy for finding all the Aons used in numbers for example.