Karger

How many Aons can you keep going at once?

12 posts in this topic

We all know (or should know if your on this specific thread) how Elantris's magic system works.  How many Aons can you keep going at once?  If there is no upper limit then Elantris will likely have a large scale object oriented programing industry with many Anonic configurations kept in a state of kinetic investiture at all times for the ease of Elantrians.  If there is a limit could someone explain how it is arrived at to me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you mean per person, or overall? Elantris is a giant Aon, and contains countless Aons within it. It doesn't seem like the initial writer has anything to do with the Aon once it's powered up, so I don't see there being a limit. Heck, there had to be multiple people involved in the Elantris Aon, since Raoden is the one who "fixed" it. So it's not like it even needs to be any single person that makes each one. An Aon assembly line should be feasible.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RShara said:

So it's not like it even needs to be any single person that makes each one. An Aon assembly line should be feasible.

Can you make Aons that make Aons?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

Can you make Aons that make Aons?

I don't know but there is no reason why we can't.  I wonder why their is not a library of Aons so you can just right Aon configuration 13 and get a result.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the biggest challenge would be the Cognitive Intent necessary to create an Aon

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, StanLemon said:

I think the biggest challenge would be the Cognitive Intent necessary to create an Aon

Aons exist in nature.  As to the intent necessary to create them while writing.  No one seems to have any trouble with that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Karger said:

Aons exist in nature.  As to the intent necessary to create them while writing.  No one seems to have any trouble with that.

What I meant by that post was making an Aon that creates Aons

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, StanLemon said:

What I meant by that post was making an Aon that creates Aons

Frankly, I doubt you need Intent to make an Aon. Only to activate it. Otherwise you would need to know what the Aon does.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

Frankly, I doubt you need Intent to make an Aon. Only to activate it. Otherwise you would need to know what the Aon does.

You probably just give a generic intent like an activate command and that will do something.

13 hours ago, StanLemon said:

What I meant by that post was making an Aon that creates Aons

Like the print function in coding?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Karger said:

Like the print function in coding?

I was more thinking the process of actually drawing the Aon

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, StanLemon said:

I was more thinking the process of actually drawing the Aon

I was wondering if you could get an Aon to "think" and produce an Aon itself.  This would be handy for finding all the Aons used in numbers for example.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Karger said:

I was wondering if you could get an Aon to "think" and produce an Aon itself.  This would be handy for finding all the Aons used in numbers for example.

So the AonDor version of AI? Oh no, the AonDor version of Nightblood

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.