The Kandra and Feruchemy

Mattu00

So, either something amazing happened or there’s a bit of a plot hole in The Bands of Mourning. 
Anyone else notice that, apparently, MeLaan’s weight changed when they all got into the little airship while escaping from the compound? She was behaving like a skimmer! If it’s not an oversight, then apparently the Kandra could use Feruchemy with Alec’s medallions. I know that Feruchemy is hereditary and the Kandra are Terrace, sort of, but they are drastically changed.  
Or no one caught it in editing.

Hi @Mattu00, this should have been posted in the Mistborn thread. The Coppermind Wiki thread is dedicated to Coppermind itself. 

That said, I know this was because of Allik's medallions which was the true nature but there was no mention of the Feruchemical aspects compared to the Kandra with this medallion, unless I'm mistaken. Hopefully someone can clear it up.

1 hour ago, Mattu00 said:

So, either something amazing happened or there’s a bit of a plot hole in The Bands of Mourning. 
Anyone else notice that, apparently, MeLaan’s weight changed when they all got into the little airship while escaping from the compound? She was behaving like a skimmer! If it’s not an oversight, then apparently the Kandra could use Feruchemy with Alec’s medallions. I know that Feruchemy is hereditary and the Kandra are Terrace, sort of, but they are drastically changed.  
Or no one caught it in editing.

That is not shocking they also work on inanimate objects.

Yeah, Kandra can use Feruchemy granted by a Hemalurgic spike, too (see Shadows of Self). I don't think there is any inherent "incompatibility" between Allomancy/Feruchemy and the kandra.

Do we know whether a Kandra who ate Lerasium would become a Kandra-Mistborn? Since Hemalurgy can grant them Allomancy, I'd imagine so, since both basically modify your Spiritual DNA...

15 hours ago, cometaryorbit said:

Do we know whether a Kandra who ate Lerasium would become a Kandra-Mistborn? Since Hemalurgy can grant them Allomancy, I'd imagine so, since both basically modify your Spiritual DNA...

Seems reasonable.

• Chaos locked this topic