The Cosmic Battle to Save the Thread

BringerofShadows

1 minute ago, Shard of Thought said:

(I'm assuming you mean Ember)

He slipped through her telepathic grasp, fading despite her attempt to pull him back. Ember growled. "No! I can save him! There has to be a way! I am infallible! I will not be revoked by Silence or any other creature!" She grabbed Tom by the shoulders, the rest of her armor burning away. "How can I bring him back? How!" Her fingers began to smoke, burning Tom.

"I mean when you first started working on them. Keys in general. I just... Your ability to create amazes me."

Oh yeah! Oops. :P 

Tom looked her dead in the eyes, his burns healing as fast as they appeared. "You can’t. He’s gone, Ember. And if we don’t do something quick, we’ll meet the same fate.”

“The first?” asked Tom, looking up for a moment. “That was when I was working with the Tombstone Key. The Skeleton Key- that was the first one. I made a few more over the years.”

23 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Tom looked her dead in the eyes, his burns healing as fast as they appeared. "You can’t. He’s gone, Ember. And if we don’t do something quick, we’ll meet the same fate.”

“The first?” asked Tom, looking up for a moment. “That was when I was working with the Tombstone Key. The Skeleton Key- that was the first one. I made a few more over the years.”

"He is not gone," she asserted. "If I come back without him I will have failed. I can't fail. I can't... I can't... I can't..." She started hyperventilating. "I can't." She took her shaking fingers off of his shoulders and stared at them in shock, then wrapped her arms around her waist, head hung.

Star nodded emphatically. "Are we getting anywhere scrying-wise?"

Edited by Shard of Thought

On 6/18/2019 at 7:27 PM, Shard of Thought said:

"He is not gone," she asserted. "If I come back without him I will have failed. I can't fail. I can't... I can't... I can't..." She started hyperventilating. "I can't." She took her shaking fingers off of his shoulders and stared at them in shock, then wrapped her arms around her waist, head hung.

I. NEED. MORE. ENTRIES. OF. STAR’S. JOURNAL!!! AAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

Edited by BringerofShadows

Just now, BringerofShadows said:

I really like it. I thought it would suck at first, but man was I wrong!!

Well, thanks. That means a lot. I actually started writing TLT from her perspective. I have like 15 pages of it if you'd like. It's fun because trying to make sense of TLT's weirdness is interesting.

Just now, Shard of Thought said:

Well, thanks. That means a lot. I actually started writing TLT from her perspective. I have like 15 pages of it if you'd like. It's fun because trying to make sense of TLT's weirdness is interesting.

I know what I’m going to be reading tonight. ;)

Does it mention a certain someone by the name of BoS…?

Just now, BringerofShadows said:

I know what I’m going to be reading tonight. ;)

Does it mention a certain someone by the name of BoS…?

Only twice. I haven't gotten to the good parts yet. I stopped around Queen of Shadows because that's an awkward part; it's from Astral's perspective, not Star's so I basically just copied over the best of the thread. Maybe I should just skip over that section and write the good parts. 

Anyway, I'll send it to you in a few minutes. When I copy stuff over, it doesn't do italics and those are really important to how the story is told. Plus, I'll be able to get some editing in while I'm at it. 

14 hours ago, Doomstick said:

How’s this going?

I think it's going to take... longer than anticipated. However, I think you're perfectly capable of producing the kind of plot you want on TLT. By yourself. You don't need Star and company. Though, the way things are going, I'm pretty sure Ember will join you in the randomness eventually. And she'll hate it. 

And I have another journal entry, 'cause @BringerofShadows showed interest.

VID_20190619_131616.mp3

1 minute ago, BringerofShadows said:

Oh. My goodness. I didn’t realize Star was so much like me. And she actually cares about me! (Kind of) YAY!!

And she didn't realize it either. However, last night I wondered what would happen to her if they're unable to get Pheonix back. It kept me awake for a good hour until I finally got up and wrote two pages. Let's just say the future is bleak. But I've also played around with what could happen if things go the way they need to and it just makes me giddy. She really does care about Shadow. Just like Butt, she represents a part of her. Keeping people safe makes Star feel less guilty, less worthless and weak. 

18 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

Tom nodded. "Something's coming in." He bent over and squinted at the bowl. "Not sound yet, but that should come in soon."

Tom lowered his head and stared at the ground. "I'm sorry," he said quietly.  Then he looked up, determination flashing in his eyes. "But I promise you this. We will get him back. Whatever it takes."

"Ember doesn't look too happy," noted Tom.

17 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

Only twice. I haven't gotten to the good parts yet. I stopped around Queen of Shadows because that's an awkward part; it's from Astral's perspective, not Star's so I basically just copied over the best of the thread. Maybe I should just skip over that section and write the good parts. 

Anyway, I'll send it to you in a few minutes. When I copy stuff over, it doesn't do italics and those are really important to how the story is told. Plus, I'll be able to get some editing in while I'm at it. 

Ooh, can I see? This sounds interesting...

16 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

And I have another journal entry, 'cause @BringerofShadows showed interest.

VID_20190619_131616.mp3

Huh.

I'm curious as to how you're going to pronounce my name. I've never heard anyone try to pronounce it out loud before.

3 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Tom nodded. "Something's coming in." He bent over and squinted at the bowl. "Not sound yet, but that should come in soon."

Tom lowered his head and stared at the ground. "I'm sorry," he said quietly.  Then he looked up, determination flashing in his eyes. "But I promise you this. We will get him back. Whatever it takes."

"Ember doesn't look too happy," noted Tom.

Ember nodded, shaken. 

"What?" Star said, walking over to the bowl. "Ember was made to be unstoppable and emotionless, I can't imagine..." She looked down, eyes widening. "Hmmm. I wonder what happened."

Umm, I'll send you the first part of the Narritive. I got lazy near Queen of Shadows and it's really bad. But the first part is good. 

And I pronounce Pheonix "Fay-uh-nix."

I pronounce Xino like it starts with a Z and rhymes with rhino. Pheonix I pronounce fee-o-nix.

I was wondering more about my full name, Xinoehp. 

2 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

Ember nodded, shaken. 

"What?" Star said, walking over to the bowl. "Ember was made to be unstoppable and emotionless, I can't imagine..." She looked down, eyes widening. "Hmmm. I wonder what happened."

Tom nodded. "I think the sound is coming in now."
He leaned closer to listen.

Tom held up the vial. "Now. You said you could do something with this?

Edited by xinoehp512

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Tom nodded. "I think the sound is coming in now."
He leaned closer to listen.

Tom held up the vial. "Now. You said you could do something with this?

I've never tried pronouncing the whole thing, but if I had to I think I'd go with something like "Zeh-no-ep". *shrug*

"Possibly," Ember whispered. "Last time, I could reach into the timeline and pull things out, but we don't need anything here, we need to get back."