The Cosmic Battle to Save the Thread

BringerofShadows

Ember regarded Heather, widening her big eyes just slightly. "Sorry..." she whispered, hardly loud enough to hear, just wanting to taste the word, try it out. Why was Heather sorry? She hadn't done anything wrong. Ember was the one at fault. Wasn't she? But for as wrong as it felt for Heather to have said it, it also made Ember feel a little better. Should she say something? She felt like she should say something. But she didn't want to, she was too scared. Earlier, she had felt like she was in trouble, but Star was really quite cheery, she had been nice to her. Maybe Ember hadn't done anything wrong after all. Maybe Heather... was in the wrong? No, that seemed even more wrong than her being sorry. And either way, the small moment of apology had passed and it was too late to do anything about it. Ember walked on in silence, her head bowed. 

Edited by Ookla The Narrator

• 5 weeks later...

Hey, Xino, I know most of the plot is on TLT right now, but I think it's a bit unfair to Shadow because she doesn't have a character on there. It'd be nice to have both storylines moving at the same time. If you can't manage it, that's fine, I just think Shadow would appreciate that. 

@xinoehp512

Pheonix led the way through the ship and into the mime tunnels.

As they walked, Xino popped out of a corner.

"Xino!" exclaimed Pheonix. "You're back! How'd it go?"

"Pretty good," said Xino. "Where are you going?"

"I'm taking them to see the Branch."

Xino's eyes widened and he smiled knowingly. "Mind if I tag along?"

"Not at all."

Star, appearing to have almost forgotten her somber, emotional mood from before, brightened at Xino’s appearance. Her long sleep had made her time spent in Silence’s dungeons seem far away and anything that might have had even the smallest connotation of darkness and pain was now simply... ordinary. “Xino!” she exclaimed, rushing forward and reaching for a hug. 

Ember, intimately connected to Heather mind to mind, shivered as the wave of emotion passed through her. She had the oddest sensation that she was watching things through Heather's eyes - spikes? - and experiencing the world through two lenses at once. It had a dizzying effect on the Destroyer and she stumbled a little bit, misteping just slightly, but catching herself before she fell. She shook herself, silently scolding her clumsiness. 

20 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

Star, appearing to have almost forgotten her somber, emotional mood from before, brightened at Xino’s appearance. Her long sleep had made her time spent in Silence’s dungeons seem far away and anything that might have had even the smallest connotation of darkness and pain was now simply... ordinary. “Xino!” she exclaimed, rushing forward and reaching for a hug. 

Xino smiled back, catching her as she rushed into him. "Glad to see you've woken up! I was beginning to get worried."

Star pulled away and smiled warmly, blue eyes crinkling in her ruddy-cheeked mirth. "I slept very well; that rest was much needed. I'm glad to be back with all of you." A bit of graveness entered her expression. "Though," she said, "next time, I do hope you'll wake me if something happens." She glanced over at Heather. Her smile faded. "Heather has... been pained while I slept. It's awfully unfair..." She sighed, but kept her chin up, unwilling to be taken too far down the road of misery she so often found herself treading. 

15 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

Star pulled away and smiled warmly, blue eyes crinkling in her ruddy-cheeked mirth. "I slept very well; that rest was much needed. I'm glad to be back with all of you." A bit of graveness entered her expression. "Though," she said, "next time, I do hope you'll wake me if something happens." She glanced over at Heather. Her smile faded. "Heather has... been pained while I slept. It's awfully unfair..." She sighed, but kept her chin up, unwilling to be taken too far down the road of misery she so often found herself treading. 

Xino's expression sobered. "True enough." He sighed, then gave a sort of half smile. "But we do the best we can."

47 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Xino's expression sobered. "True enough." He sighed, then gave a sort of half smile. "But we do the best we can."

"I know you do," Star said sweetly, though her expression was still slightly grave. She looked about her, eyes lingering on Pheo. Her lips upturned in a slight smile as if she was reassured just by the sight of him. "You're all wonderful."

30 minutes ago, BringerofShadows said:

"Ember? You good?" 

Ember looked at Heather, glass eyes wide as usual. Deciphering her words was a little tricky. "I am... good...?" She frowned, then nodded. "I am good."

On 1/16/2020 at 11:06 AM, Shard of Thought said:

"I know you do," Star said sweetly, though her expression was still slightly grave. She looked about her, eyes lingering on Pheo. Her lips upturned in a slight smile as if she was reassured just by the sight of him. "You're all wonderful."

Ember looked at Heather, glass eyes wide as usual. Deciphering her words was a little tricky. "I am... good...?" She frowned, then nodded. "I am good."

"Well," said Xino, "Let's get going." He smiled. "This is going to blow your minds..."

On 1/16/2020 at 9:06 AM, Shard of Thought said:

"...Good." Heather gave a confused look and turned toward Xino and Star. "So...Can we get this started?"

Edited by BringerofShadows

Hey, Xino, when should Jay show up?

A part of Star was a bit unsettled at the thought of going so deeply into caverns. It wasn't that she was afraid, there was just something about the whole thing that put her off balance. Still, she couldn't deny how the sight was when she saw it.

Whatever that is. :P

Edited by Shard of Thought

Jaywalk will have likely been drawn into the Land of Dreams looking for Max, then- unable to find him- have been drawn into the nightmare side, closer to the Tree. He'll likely have to be rescued- it's immensely difficult to escape the Nightmare Tree without some form of assistance.

On 1/22/2020 at 0:23 AM, xinoehp512 said:

Phoenix nodded. "If you would just step this way, please..."

Deeper and deeper he led them, turning corners, checking maps, scratching his head, asking Xino for help, then leading the group in another direction. But, at last, they arrived.

Pheonix stopped at a nondescript door, smiled, then threw it open.

Behind it lay an equally nondescript hallway, extending forth for a fairly long distance before ending in a door on the other side.

"The Branch," Pheonix announced. "Ta-da!"