The Cosmic Battle to Save the Thread

BringerofShadows

Kay, cool. I think we're good then. 

Sunlight streamed through the curtains, falling upon Star's face. The sleeping blonde woman stirred, moving her hand to shield her face from the light. She turned over, yawning, and curled up in the blankets, smacking her lips as she slowly came back to herself. After a few minutes spent trying to get comfortable again, she sat up and yawned once more, stretching her arms. She ran a hand through her blonde curls and looked about the room.

She felt rested. She felt… happy. Truly happy. Happier than she’d felt in a really, really long time. She had slept well. No longer did she feel flustered or angry or exhausted. She just felt refreshed. And happy. So storming happy

Star swung her legs over the side of the bed and snapped, her pajamas turning into a long, flowy, dress-like purple shirt and skinny jeans. She couldn’t wait to get going again. She felt… motivated. Excited. What had happened while she slept? Had they made progress on bridging the universes together? Would she be able to snuggle Pheonix soon? She blushed and grinned, standing, and twirled on one foot as she giggled with glee. Star bounced out the door and sought out Pheo. 

Heather has finally finished tearing up every single piece of wood in the wine cellar. The room seemed larger now, without all the shelves. Broken wine bottles also littered the floor. The first part had been rage with her hatchet, but had slowly trickled to slowly tearing it apart. It had only lasted roughly ten minutes. Then she sat down again, not caring about the tiny splinters that pricked her skin and the wine that still looked like blood. She just didn’t care.

I spent too much time on this not to share. 

TVG                              Fate
|                                   |
Sophie   Ember   Star  -----  Pheonix   Xino      
     |
Heather    Butt 

Pheo, you have now become Heather's dad. I'm... sorry. 

I would also like to point out how cool it is that Pheonix was born of Star's darkness and then destroyed that darkness. It's like some sort of prophecy. And it's also cool that Pheo was born of Xino's ashes. Like a phoenix. 

Edited by Shard of Thought

On 10/14/2019 at 8:49 PM, Shard of Thought said:

Sunlight streamed through the curtains, falling upon Star's face. The sleeping blonde woman stirred, moving her hand to shield her face from the light. She turned over, yawning, and curled up in the blankets, smacking her lips as she slowly came back to herself. After a few minutes spent trying to get comfortable again, she sat up and yawned once more, stretching her arms. She ran a hand through her blonde curls and looked about the room.

She felt rested. She felt… happy. Truly happy. Happier than she’d felt in a really, really long time. She had slept well. No longer did she feel flustered or angry or exhausted. She just felt refreshed. And happy. So storming happy

Star swung her legs over the side of the bed and snapped, her pajamas turning into a long, flowy, dress-like purple shirt and skinny jeans. She couldn’t wait to get going again. She felt… motivated. Excited. What had happened while she slept? Had they made progress on bridging the universes together? Would she be able to snuggle Pheonix soon? She blushed and grinned, standing, and twirled on one foot as she giggled with glee. Star bounced out the door and sought out Pheo. 

Pheonix took a deep breath and smiled. Today was a good day.

For one, they'd finally managed to root out the last of the mimes from the main control chamber. That meant full access to the core passageways, but more importantly it meant more Narrativium. And more Narrativium meant more time.

Which was good, as they still hadn't found a single open bridge anywhere. Plenty of what looked to have been gates, once- some even with Narrative power cells linked up still - but none functional.

But the pressure of the clock had lifted. They had plenty of time to fix the portals, open new ones, or whatever else they needed to do.

And, in the meantime, there were passageways to explore.

Pheonix pushed off the railing and began to walk aimlessly through Tom's ship, humming a happy tune as he wandered. Today was going to be the day Star awoke. He just knew it.

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Pheonix took a deep breath and smiled. Today was a good day.

For one, they'd finally managed to root out the last of the mimes from the main control chamber. That meant full access to the core passageways, but more importantly it meant more Narrativium. And more Narrativium meant more time.

Which was good, as they still hadn't found a single open bridge anywhere. Plenty of what looked to have been gates, once- some even with Narrative power cells linked up still - but none functional.

But the pressure of the clock had lifted. They had plenty of time to fix the portals, open new ones, or whatever else they needed to do.

And, in the meantime, there were passageways to explore.

Pheonix pushed off the railing and began to walk aimlessly through Tom's ship, humming a happy tune as he wandered. Today was going to be the day Star awoke. He just knew it.

Star sprinted down the hallway, golden hair streaming backward as she ran. She was following a mental signature and it was getting closer. Joyous, bubbly energy surged through her, making her feel almost numb. She felt like she was about to burst. Like she could float away and fly off. Finally, rounding a corner, she found the one she was looking for.

If she had been happy a second before, it couldn't even compare to the elation she felt now. Star tackled Pheonix in a massive hug and kissed him. It only lasted for a small moment, but when she pulled away, she had a huge grin on her face. Her eyes twinkled and she looked happier than she had ever looked in her entire life. She felt happier than she had been in her entire life. “I love you!” she said. Then she giggled, the sound echoing like tiny bells. “I love you, Pheonix, I love you!” She buried her head in his chest and laughed some more, laughed so hard that she started to cry. After everything she had been through, every torture and torment, this seemed a fitting recompense. Being happy was… very strange, honestly. She didn’t feel heavy anymore. Despite the fact that reality was literally torn in two, things seemed… okay. Could that really be true? Who could say this wasn’t a dream? That she wasn’t still sleeping? That she had never fallen asleep in the first place and it was all just… meaningless. Nonexistent, even. She gripped Pheo’s shirt, as if to prove to herself that he was truly real. Besides, with her track record, it wouldn’t be long before he was swallowed up from the plot and killed, taken away from her. That sobering thought in her mind, she whispered it one more time, more solemnly. “I love you.”

...Xino? Please? This may sound sarcastic but it’s not, okay? We know you’re probably busy. And IRL always goes first. But...we exist, y’know? We miss you and we miss the plot. So we need you. It can be hard to find words sometimes, I understand that. But some bad words are better than none. You do okay out there, y’hear? And if there’s anything you ever want to talk about, the shard is always here. Wether in a PM or on a hugs thread, people always want to help

@xinoehp512

Edited by Butt Ad Venture

I hear you. ^_^ I know, I haven't been as active as I should be... I'm sorry. :( The problem is, this next bit is a really happy part, and I'm... well, just not feeling it right now. -_- Part of it is IRL stuff, but some of it has to do with other things on the Shard, things that are somewhat... difficult to discuss. :wacko: