The Cosmic Battle to Save the Thread

BringerofShadows

3 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

There was a loud moan from inside the ship. Tom panicked, hurling Butt off the side and running back into the central cabin.

A few moments later, he emerged, tired and sweaty. "I think I've fixed it for now. But in the future remember this; he belongs to the chaos. Taking him out could have drastic consequences."

"Not really," said Tom. "If you think about it, all of the characters on that side have an analog here. The only ones extra are the ones that crossed over- Silence and his captives."

While he spoke, he unfolded a metal frame and set a stone bowl etched with carvings on top of it.

"But Star promised him protection, I don't want to be there when she screams at me for not... Oh, it doesn't matter."

Star shrugged. It didn't make that much sense, but as she said, she trusted Tom. "So, what will we say to them?"

1 minute ago, Shard of Thought said:

"But Star promised him protection, I don't want to be there when she screams at me for not... Oh, it doesn't matter."

Star shrugged. It didn't make that much sense, but as she said, she trusted Tom. "So, what will we say to them?"

Tom sighed. "We can worry about him later. For now," he said, pulling a vial out of his pocket, "we'd better worry about getting in contact with the others."

Tom pulled a water bottle out of one of his pockets and tipped it into the bowl. "Say to them? I doubt we'll be able to say anything to them. Right now we're just trying to figure out what condition they're in."

4 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Tom sighed. "We can worry about him later. For now," he said, pulling a vial out of his pocket, "we'd better worry about getting in contact with the others."

Tom pulled a water bottle out of one of his pockets and tipped it into the bowl. "Say to them? I doubt we'll be able to say anything to them. Right now we're just trying to figure out what condition they're in."

I love that both sides have a Tom and both Toms want to contact the other side. It's great.

While Tom was working with that, Ember looked to Pheonix. "So," she said, "you're Star's 'true love.'"

"Oh," Star said. "Well, that's far, far better than nothing."

Edited by Shard of Thought

Just now, BringerofShadows said:

“True Love is a bunch of bullsh**t.”

Ember cocked her head. She honestly didn't know who to trust on this. The only human who had ever been consistent was Tom. She felt comfortable with him. Everyone else fell short. 

"Why do you think that?" Ember decided to ask.

Just now, BringerofShadows said:

BoS decided to sharpen her hatchet.

Ember observed. Seeing Shadow's weapon made her realize her lack of one. She had only ever used her hands to destroy. And so, Ember let heat drip off of her arm, lava coalescing into a long, crude sword. The handle hardened to iron, but the molten blade still dripped liquid metal.

20 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Ember observed. Seeing Shadow's weapon made her realize her lack of one. She had only ever used her hands to destroy. And so, Ember let heat drip off of her arm, lava coalescing into a long, crude sword. The handle hardened to iron, but the molten blade still dripped liquid metal.

“Nice blade.”

2 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Can’t say I blame you; I’ll probably be reading trough this later!!

Always glad to entertain! It's mostly just banter between Shadow and Ember at this point. However, it's interesting how the characters work together. Tom is hilarious (at least I think so, considering the circumstances) and dutiful, Shadow is seemingly hopeless but actually endearing, Ember is straightforward and opinionated, Butt is humble and honest, if more than a bit whiny, and Star is loyal and stubborn to a fault.

15 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Ooo, do tell! Who's like who?

Alright, what really stuck out to me is Butt being similar to Luke; both have huge hearts and a lot of courage, they’re just pretty whiny. Shadow and pretty much any other character remind me of C3-PO and R2-D2, and just kinda the constant bantering. Tom is kinda Han Solo, just in the way that they’re both dangerous, and I’m not really for sure where Star fits in, maybe she’s a Jedi of some sort, hard from experience. I don’t know if this really works or not, but when I read “whiny” in your post, it just kinda set off a chain reaction of the similarities of the Star Wars cast and the TLT characters:P

1 minute ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Alright, what really stuck out to me is Butt being similar to Luke; both have huge hearts and a lot of courage, they’re just pretty whiny. Shadow and pretty much any other character remind me of C3-PO and R2-D2, and just kinda the constant bantering. Tom is kinda Han Solo, just in the way that they’re both dangerous, and I’m not really for sure where Star fits in, maybe she’s a Jedi of some sort, hard from experience. I don’t know if this really works or not, but when I read “whiny” in your post, it just kinda set off a chain reaction of the similarities of the Star Wars cast and the TLT characters:P

That makes me so happy... :D