The Cosmic Battle to Save the Thread

BringerofShadows

On 8/17/2019 at 9:56 PM, xinoehp512 said:

Michael looked thoughtful. "I wouldn't call it that- it's more of a teacher-student relationship." He shifted in his chair. "But he didn't tell me to come here, if that's what you're wondering."

@BringerofShadows

“Then what are you doing here?” Her voice still aggressive.  

7 hours ago, BringerofShadows said:

“Then what are you doing here?” Her voice still aggressive.  

"Talking to you," he said. "We've never captured a Narrator before. And..." He looked down. "You didn't do anything wrong. You shouldn't be alone in your cell like this."

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Talking to you," he said. "We've never captured a Narrator before. And..." He looked down. "You didn't do anything wrong. You shouldn't be alone in your cell like this."

“Then why don’t you go and talk to Mr. Silence about that?” She said sardonically. She popped open a bottle of gin and took a big swig.

14 hours ago, BringerofShadows said:

“Then why don’t you go and talk to Mr. Silence about that?” She said sardonically. She popped open a bottle of gin and took a big swig.

Michael sighed. "I did. He didn't listen. He told me you should just be grateful he didn't throw you in his real dungeon." He shuffled his feet. "I'm sorry."

@BringerofShadows

Edited by xinoehp512

6 hours ago, BringerofShadows said:

“Sure you are.” BoS downed the rest of the bottle. 

Michael's face fell. "I really am sorry. Is... is there anything I can do for you?"

On 8/18/2019 at 1:23 AM, Shard of Thought said:

Star stood and reached out with her mind. "Shadow should be in that general direction," she said, gesturing with her thumb. "As we get closer, the signature will get stronger. Usually, I'd just teleport, but Narrating doesn't seem like a good idea at the moment."

Xino shrugged and blasted a hole in the wall in the direction she was pointing.

"After you," he said.

Xino followed, blasting barriers as they came across them. Now this is power.

They passed a dumbfounded mime guard. With a flash of light, Xino erased him from existence. Can't have him running off to tell Silence...

Speaking of which, where was Silence? Xino couldn't believe that he would let them do this. Could the man really be just... gone?

Oh, well, he thought with a mental shrug. I guess we'll find out, won't we? 

Xino smiled, twirled the gun dramatically, then fired.

-------------------------

Behind Shadow, there was a flash of light as violet lightning crawled over the wall for the briefest of instants. Then it vanished.

And so did the wall.

Michael's eyes widened as he took in Star and Xino- and the gun in Xino's hands. His eyes widened, and he raised trembling hands in supplication. 

@BringerofShadows

Edited by xinoehp512

Star took in the scene quickly. At first, her face brightened; seeing Shadow again was a happy occasion. But then... she noticed the bottles. The puddle of vomit, the dark circles under Shadow's eyes. Her face fell and she shook her head. "Oh, Shadow," she muttered under her breath. To Xino, she said, "We're all here. How do we get out?"

"Silence's lackey," said Xino tersely. "Remember him? He's the one that captured us."

He raised his gun, pointed it at the man, and fired.

Purple lightning shot out from the gun, crossing the distance in the barest instant, hungry to wipe their target from existence forevermore.

But with a loud zapping sound, the beam stopped. Michael's face screwed up in concentration as he, somehow, held back the lightning.

"No..." he whispered, barely managing to get the word out. "No..."

"Have to... take care of this first," said Xino through gritted teeth. He gripped the gun tighter, pushing every last scrap of power through it that he could.

Michael's hands began to shake as the lightning inched closer and closer to his chest. "Please," he said, almost crying now. "Please..."