The Cosmic Battle to Save the Thread

BringerofShadows

It's not even possible. It'll be fine. ;)

Ember closed her large, glassy eyes and leaned her head back against the wall. She quickly got up, however, when she realized that she was starting to heat up the concrete. Her feet were made of iron (and kept cold by extra Narrative Energy, supplied by her Core) to prevent this, but she hadn’t even thought about the rest of her body. Ember shuddered, regrowing her armor and standing in the small closet. Now that she was covered, it was so dark that she couldn’t see anything. It was unnerving - darkness, like music, was something she’d never experienced before. What else had she never experienced? What else would she never be able to experience because of her very nature? 

Ember hung her head, ashamed. She had been created for one thing - to save Star. She had succeeded once, but now she seemed a waste of words. She had one simple directive. Her constant failure haunted her. What if she never saw her master again? What if Silence killed her? Would Ember just… stop existing? Would TVG be angry with her for not fulfilling her purpose? She supposed thinking about such possibility was an inefficient use of time. She should focus on what she was doing right, to balance her negativity.

She had tried to help her master. That was a start, right? And she had begun learning about the people Star considered important. Well… kind of. She had talked with Tamika, one of her master’s characters. She had been able to successfully help Tom. And Heather… She wasn’t sure what to think about Heather. Considering that she had been belligerent to the girl in the past, she felt good about the fact that Heather was willing to speak with her. But she had asked her to leave. And she had seemed afraid of her. Ember didn’t want people to be afraid of her. She wanted… Well, she wanted Star to be here. Without her master’s direction, what was she? She realized how odd that sounded. Before a few pages ago, she had considered Star… irrelevant and small. She realized now, though, why she was TVG’s chosen. Fiercely protective, strong, kind. Beautiful too, she supposed.

So the question remained; what should she do now? Standing here was not getting her anywhere. She didn't think the Toms would need her help and she wasn't that interested in talking to anyone. But she did feel worried about Heather and Star. Star couldn't be helped right now. And Heather didn't want her around. Ember found that she very much disliked being useless. Almost as much as she disliked being in the dark. Almost as much as she disliked being alone. 

Almost as much as she disliked herself. 

Edited by Shard of Thought

Xino stared at the gun lying on the table in front of him. It was so close. He swore he could feel the power radiating from within it.

He pulled on his chains, trying to get even an inch closer, but nothing gave. Silence hadn't been so careless with his placement of the shackles this time- not a trickle of power flowed through his symbols.

Unless...

He took a look at one of the filing cabinets on the wall. They were tall, and heavy-looking, and- most importantly- not attached to the ground. If he reached his legs way out, he was fairly certain he could topple one of them onto himself.

The chain wouldn't shatter- but the rest of him wouldn't be so lucky. He'd be completely squashed- more than likely, even torn in two. Which was exactly what he wanted.

It would be painful, of course. But it would be worth it. Before his resolve wavered, he swung out his foot and snagged the nearest cabinet and- with a firm tug- pulled it over.

Edited by xinoehp512

I was in the car today and along with a bunch of CBST doodles, I also wrote this parody that has been bubbling for months. I can't get the doodles to load yet, but I can type up It's My Roleplay. (parody of It's My Party)

Spoiler

It's my roleplay and I'll kill who I want to,
Kill who I want to, kill who I want to
You would kill too if it happened to you

Nobody knows where Astral has gone
But Xino left the same time
Why'd Silence throw them away
When vengeance isn't yet mine?

Steal all my characters, keep plotting all night
But leave me alone for a while
'Til someone's head's on a plate
I've got no reason to smile

I never asked for this nightmarish world
But fate's got it out for me
TVG, when is this gonna end?
I'm sick and tired of this thing!

13 hours ago, BringerofShadows said:

*A few hours later*

BoS woke up to the pounding of her own head. When she sat up, the hangover hit her like a bowling ball. Shadows gasped, overcome with pain. “Holy…” She fell on her knees, clutching her head, taking deep breaths. 

"Need help?" said the man sympathetically.

On 8/15/2019 at 0:41 AM, BringerofShadows said:

BoS spun around stood up too quickly. She vomited all over the floor. “Yes.” She whispered and glared at him.

The man ignored her glare. Her headache began to fade, he Narrated, restoring clarity and peace to her mind- is that better?"

@BringerofShadows

----

In the chamber of Silence, a flame flickered.

Xino stood up, flames coalescing into his form as his power returned. He grinned. "So much for increased security," he muttered.

Unless... his grin faded. Was this just another of Silence's tricks? More "entertainment?"

Hesitantly, he walked over to the gun on the table. He wouldn't let him take this... would he?

Taking a deep breath, he reached out and grabbed the grip.

Edited by xinoehp512

*grins slyly* Oh my Shards, I need this to happen!

Tamika opened her mouth to tell Tom she was going, then closed it. He was busy. Like always... She sighed and walked out of the door to go back to her quarters. Someday. Someday this would all just... stop. And everything would be quiet. She liked adventure and intrigue, but after 3,000 years, she just... She was getting tired. No, that was wrong. She was totally willing to help. In fact, she wanted to do something, to understand all these things with the Narrators, but they were moving from plot point to plot point at a dizzying speed. Besides, she had just watched AJ die. So that she could live. She closed her eyes and felt a few tears trickle down her cheeks, but she wiped them away quickly. AJ would want her to be happy. She loved Tom, yes, but everything was so complicated. She needed to take a step back and slow down. Unfortunately that seemed impossible right now.

Tami opened the door to her room and was shocked to find the girl from earlier. The one who had been burned. She was crying. "Hey," she said. "Are you okay?"

*nods furiously* SOFTEN HER UP, TAMI, PLEASE! I NEED MORE HEATHER! AND MORE THOUGHT! and possibly more sleep

I didn't take it; I found that one online. But yeah, I just about died laughing. That happens more often than you'd think; me dying with laughter.

Edit: Guys. I just realized. That Tami and Heather are in different Universes right now. *major facepalm* Storm it.