The Cosmic Battle to Save the Thread

BringerofShadows

Awww, I want to give her a hug. Which is probably not a good idea as I just spent the last hour and a half throwing up. 

Ember turned to Heather, confused. She did not understand why she was crying, but she felt a drive to help her. "Heather?" she said. "Have I... hurt you?"

Edited by Shard of Thought

I'm feeling better now, if kinda cold. and my stomach is a bit unsettled, which makes sense, considering it just emptied itself. But I am so freaking glad its over! 

Ember grimaced. "I am sorry..." she said uncertainly. "I am sorry." She began regrowing her armor and started toward Heather, concerned. "I am sorry."

Well yeah. Heather has a kind of PTSD about relationships and Ember is quite literally untouchable.

Ember looked at her feet, disappointed She did not want to be alone again. No one else would talk to her. "All right. If that is what you wish." She stalked out of the room, contemplative and... sad. It seemed she did feel emotion after all.

That’s the point I was going for, just too tired to reach it. 

Heather could never stand silence. And the other Silence. 

The sounds of crying filled the room, but those weren’t what she wanted to hear.

Not even thinking, she began. 

“Told you not to worry
But maybe that's a lie
Honey, what's your hurry?
Won't you stay inside?
Remember not to get too close to stars
They're never gonna give you love like ours

Where did you go?
I should know, but it's cold
And I don't wanna be lonely
So show me the way home
I can't lose another life

Hurry, I'm worried

The world's a little blurry
Or maybe it's my eyes
The friends I've had to bury
They keep me up at night
Said I couldn't love someone
'Cause I might break
If you're gonna die, not by mistake

So, where did you go?
So tell me you'll come home
Even if it's just a lie

I tried not to upset you
Let you rescue me the day I met you
I just wanted to protect you
But now I'll never get to

Hurry, I'm worried

Where did you go?
Was hoping you'd come home
I don't care if it's a lie.”

Ember froze when she heard Heather singing. She liked it; she'd never heard music before. For a moment, she considered going back in, but decided against it. She did, however, touch Heather's mind again.

Your voice is lovely. 

She felt bad afterward. She probably shouldn't have intruded. Sighing, she kept walking, searching for an empty room.

Ember found a storage closet and walked inside. It was small, there was nothing in it, and the floor was made of concrete, but she didn't particularly care. After she closed the door, she was surprised to find that her outer layer glowed in the darkness. She sat down, looking at her arms in awe. She was still finding out new things about herself. She had existed for, what, 70 pages now? In many ways, still a child. Did she really think she could try to make friends with someone? Someone she had hurt? And after failing over and over again... She sighed, finding herself feeling scared about what would happen when she left the closet. Who would she fail, who would she hurt, if she ever stepped outside?

On 8/12/2019 at 0:44 AM, Shard of Thought said:

Is is bad that I'm starting to ship this again? :P

Please don't.

On 8/11/2019 at 1:38 PM, Shard of Thought said:

"I have gone through so much. I don't want to go through anymore, ever again. I just want to... go to sleep and when I wake up, everything is perfect. And I... I could do that." Star smiled grimly. "I could do that right now. Just go to sleep, go to sleep..." Star squeezed her eyes shut. "I'm going to stop my own heart. And I'm going to wait. Go ahead and try to stop me. I will not wake for you."

At her command, her heart stopped beating and she fell into a state of nothingness. Her entire body seemed to pale and the burns on her hands and face decayed, leaving behind little grey piles of cinders where the blisters once were. She looked to be dead; Breathless, soulless, lifeless, and made of rigid stone. In fact, if anyone saw her, they would have every reason to believe that Silence had killed her, right where she laid, when in fact, she was only waiting. 

Ember staggered and raised a hand to her chest, dizzy. Her master’s already dim presence was nearly mute. She could not feel her anymore at all. All that was left of the mental signature that was usually so present in her mind, was a low, lethargic thumping, more a vibration than a sound. It was haunting and seemed to wash through Ember’s body in a sense of foreboding. She had the urge to move. To save. To destroy. “Something has happened,” she whispered angrily, standing and regrowing the parts of her armor that were not on her person. 

IMG_20190811_140932.jpg

Silence stood for a moment, watching her still form. Far away, a bell tolled.

He turned to leave, his hands dancing in the complex patterns only he knew. Before he finished the last stroke that would take him where he needed to be, he shot a single glance at his fallen prisoner.

If one looked closely, it almost seemed that his face softened for the briefest of instants. But perhaps it was only an illusion.

On 8/11/2019 at 4:41 PM, BringerofShadows said:

A snore replied. 

Heather’s eyes went wide once again. “What? What’s going on?”

The man's face fell even further. He sighed, and sat down in a chair that bled into existence as he touched it.

"Whenever you wake up," he called out, his voice seeming to be swallowed by the darkness.