The Cosmic Battle to Save the Thread

BringerofShadows

On 8/5/2019 at 1:18 PM, BringerofShadows said:

“Yeah, I think she also like, healed Star or somethin’.” She shook the bottle again. “No vodka? This is reeeeaaaallllllllyyy good!”

@xinoehp512

@Shard of Thought

"Does... does she remember?" said the man in an awed tone. "Her Ascension?"

On 8/6/2019 at 6:16 PM, Shard of Thought said:

Star fell to her knees at Silence's feet, weeping. "What do I have to do," she whispered, "to be free of the baggage I carry? What do I have to do for this to stop?"

Silence shrugged. I would advise adopting a more positive outlook. Count your blessings, and all that.

7 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Does... does she remember?" said the man in an awed tone. "Her Ascension?"

Silence shrugged. I would advise adopting a more positive outlook. Count your blessings, and all that.

"I am in A CELL!" she cried. "I am wretched and wicked and ugly and useless! A pitiful waste of words and Narrative energy... I hate myself, I hate it, I hate it, I... I... I..." She wept some more. "Go," she whispered, "just go away... Go away from me..."

Cool!

On 8/8/2019 at 11:16 AM, BringerofShadows said:

BoS grumbled in reply, facing away from the man. 

The man's face fell slightly. "...Shadow?"

On 8/8/2019 at 6:23 PM, Shard of Thought said:

"I am in A CELL!" she cried. "I am wretched and wicked and ugly and useless! A pitiful waste of words and Narrative energy... I hate myself, I hate it, I hate it, I... I... I..." She wept some more. "Go," she whispered, "just go away... Go away from me..."

...I mean, it's not like you'll be stuck in here forever.

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

...I mean, it's not like you'll be stuck in here forever.

Star looked up at Silence, unsure of what to say. Possible responses stirred in her mind, but she just shook her head. "What am I supposed to do?" she said. "You're not going to release me any time soon. And I'm not sure I want to know what would happen if I got out..." She sighed, wiping her eyes, and laid backwards onto the ground. "Why?" she muttered, the word becoming a mindless repetition. 

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Who said I wasn't going to release you soon? And why do you fear such release?

"I have gone through so much. I don't want to go through anymore, ever again. I just want to... go to sleep and when I wake up, everything is perfect. And I... I could do that." Star smiled grimly. "I could do that right now. Just go to sleep, go to sleep..." Star squeezed her eyes shut. "I'm going to stop my own heart. And I'm going to wait. Go ahead and try to stop me. I will not wake for you."

At her command, her heart stopped beating and she fell into a state of nothingness. Her entire body seemed to pale and the burns on her hands and face decayed, leaving behind little grey piles of cinders where the blisters once were. She looked to be dead; Breathless, soulless, lifeless, and made of rigid stone. In fact, if anyone saw her, they would have every reason to believe that Silence had killed her, right where she laid, when in fact, she was only waiting. 

Ember staggered and raised a hand to her chest, dizzy. Her master’s already dim presence was nearly mute. She could not feel her anymore at all. All that was left of the mental signature that was usually so present in her mind, was a low, lethargic thumping, more a vibration than a sound. It was haunting and seemed to wash through Ember’s body in a sense of foreboding. She had the urge to move. To save. To destroy. “Something has happened,” she whispered angrily, standing and regrowing the parts of her armor that were not on her person. 

I drew this last night. I can't take all the credit - I traced the outline of someone else's drawing to get the shape - but the shading is all mine. Poor Star. Those burns are not easy to deal with. 

IMG_20190811_140932.jpg

Edited by Shard of Thought

22 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

A snore replied. 

Heather’s eyes went wide once again. “What? What’s going on?”

I’ve been thinking, is telling about Star’s ascension to the ‘enemy’ like, betraying in a way? 

Why? So that Shadow would be betraying Star? (I have to admit, that is kinda juicy)

Ember shook her head. "I do not know. She seems to be in stasis of some kind, but I fear she could be killed. Silence... I feel Silence. They have been gone for hours. We had best hope that Tom is almost done with the Bridge. I grow tired of waiting." She turned to Heather. "I may need your assistance. An... anchor of some sort."

Edited by Shard of Thought

I mean, when Heather goes bad, that'll be pretty good. Star will be really disappointed. Crushed, really.

"Tom's 'scrying' is primitive. It cannot penetrate Silence's Realm. I, however, am made of something different, something more raw. I may be able to get a glimpse of Star, by... It doesn't matter. You are closer to Star than I am, I need your blood and access to your mind."

5 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

Ember grimaced. Heather's opinion of her was important to her for some reason. She didn't like being feared. She internally sighed, and reached out a hand, the gauntlet on her arm melting off. "So will you help me?"

“We really don’t have a choice.” Heather whispered. 

10 minutes ago, BringerofShadows said:

“We really don’t have a choice.” Heather whispered. 

Ember took Heather's hand. A symbol was seared into her palm, the blood from her wound entering Ember. What happened next was... confusing. Ember grabbed Heather's mind and quickly took the information she needed. From there, she was able to find Silence's Realm mentally. It was shielded from Narrators, but Ember was special, and with her immense, destructive power, she stabbed through the barrier. The puncture wouldn't last long, as the very nature of the Realm she was intruding upon was detrimental to Narrative Energy, so she began searching for Star's mental signature, using Heather's blood which had, by now, entered Ember's head. She searched with the speed of a supercomputer, but the hole was closing up quickly. She knew that if she stayed too long, she could be seriously damaged and she began to panic as she realized that Star was not here. And neither was Silence. 

She pulled out of Heather's mind and released her hand, panting. The whole thing had taken mere seconds.