“Yeah…Kind of.” Her speech was slurred.

@xinoehp512

"What do you mean?"

@BringerofShadows

---

On 7/22/2019 at 2:00 PM, xinoehp512 said:

"Won't work. Sorry."

...and the walls of his cell fell away.

Filing cabinets lined the wall, each colored in the same inverted fashion common to everything in this realm. They surrounded a simple, wooden-looking desk, at which sat a solitary figure.
Silence.
Well done, he said in a dry tone. You've managed to 'escape'.
Xino scrambled backwards, summoning his sword and shield, but Silence just laughed. Don't even try, my dear man. You wouldn't want me to use this, would you? He gestured to the gun lying on the table.

Xino's fists clenched, but he didn't make a move. "So it was a trick?"
The shackles? Yes. There was never any chance of you actually escaping. I would never be that careless.
Xino's felt anger rise within him, but he did nothing. He couldn't do anything, or Silence would blow him out of existence.
"Where are Star and Shadow?" he finally asked. "Have you hurt them?"

Of course not. I promised, didn't I?

Xino relaxed. He hadn't realized until that moment just how worried he'd been about the others.

"So," he said, after a brief silence, "Why am I here?"

Silence, who had started doing something with the gun on his desk, didn't respond.

"...Silence?"

He looked up. What?

"Why am I here, with you? In your... office?"

Oh. No reason. I just enjoyed watching you try and escape.

Xino gave an exasperated sigh. "Should I just stand here, then?"

Silence thought for a moment, then nodded and went back to his work.

Edited by xinoehp512

Silence is probably the most annoying villain I have ever met. He refuses to die, he's extremely self-assured and condescending, and he's just completely unwilling to share information. I mean that in the best possible way, of course. You have to have stubborn baddies. Man, he's gonna be a tough one to defeat. Though, he does seem to be guided by logic, as well as his own interests. Plus, he does keep his promises, despite his impressive ability to find loopholes

Star decided to do something impulsive and rash. "SILENCE!" she shouted. Then paused. She was unsure of what to say next. "I'd rather you do whatever you're going to do to me now than let me sit here and rot!" She nodded her head. That seemed to be a pretty decent... whatever it was she was doing. 

14 hours ago, BringerofShadows said:

“Well,” BoS said after another gulp of vodka. “I knew who TVG was, but not who she really was.” 

"Who was she?" asked the man, leaning up against the bars of her cage. "I've heard that name before... I think."

What do you want me to do? All I can really do is write more of Star being exasperated and depressed or Ember picking at the wooden floor of the ship and wondering at the nature of humanity. And TVG can't even exist in Silence's Realm, as she doesn't have a physical form and is made of pure Narrative energy.

On 8/1/2019 at 3:29 PM, xinoehp512 said:

"What do you mean?"

@BringerofShadows

---

Of course not. I promised, didn't I?

Xino relaxed. He hadn't realized until that moment just how worried he'd been about the others.

"So," he said, after a brief silence, "Why am I here?"

Silence, who had started doing something with the gun on his desk, didn't respond.

"...Silence?"

He looked up. What?

"Why am I here, with you? In your... office?"

Oh. No reason. I just enjoyed watching you try and escape.

Xino gave an exasperated sigh. "Should I just stand here, then?"

Silence thought for a moment, then nodded and went back to his work.

Xino stood speechless for a few moments, mouth open. Then he shook his head in disgust and turned away.

Behind him, he heard Silence let out a sigh.

Chains, he said, and chains suddenly appeared on Xino's arms. He whirled around just in time to see Silence vanish.

On 8/1/2019 at 7:56 PM, Shard of Thought said:

Star decided to do something impulsive and rash. "SILENCE!" she shouted. Then paused. She was unsure of what to say next. "I'd rather you do whatever you're going to do to me now than let me sit here and rot!" She nodded her head. That seemed to be a pretty decent... whatever it was she was doing. 

In an instant, Silence was there.

Really? he said. And what makes you think I was planning anything else?

43 minutes ago, BringerofShadows said:

“Yeah…”

"Did she speak to you?"

Star shivered. She hadn't expected Silence to respond. Her mouth worked as she gaped at him for a few seconds. "I... I just... It doesn't make sense!" she finally spat out. "Any of this! You're what, a built-in fail-safe to make sure the Narrators are following the rules? But you... you..." She sighed. "You don't make any sense at all! Why do you care whether my friends get back to their current timeline?"

Star glared. "I can't handle this anymore," she said. She closed her eyes and leaned back against the wall, summoning a dagger to her hand. It didn't take much energy to summon, but she was still surprised that it came through. "We all knew it would come to this, didn't we?" she muttered mindlessly, fingering the blade. She accidentally nicked herself, a drop of blood snaking down her finger. She shook her head. "I might never get out of here. I might as well die now and spare you the trouble, shouldn't I?" Her hands began to shake. "I'm going insane again. God Beyond, it's happening." She let out a little uncontrolled giggle, then shuddered.

22 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Star glared. "I can't handle this anymore," she said. She closed her eyes and leaned back against the wall, summoning a dagger to her hand. It didn't take much energy to summon, but she was still surprised that it came through. "We all knew it would come to this, didn't we?" she muttered mindlessly, fingering the blade. She accidentally nicked herself, a drop of blood snaking down her finger. She shook her head. "I might never get out of here. I might as well die now and spare you the trouble, shouldn't I?" Her hands began to shake. "I'm going insane again. God Beyond, it's happening." She let out a little uncontrolled giggle, then shuddered.

Silence sighed and waved a hand at the dagger, dissolving it into nothingness. Seriously, Star?

8 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Silence sighed and waved a hand at the dagger, dissolving it into nothingness. Seriously, Star?

Star glared again. She stood and approached Silence. "I. Am. Dead," she said curtly. "When your soul has been ripped apart the way mine has, you might as well be dead!" She started laughing again, then collapsed into sobs. "And I want to be..." she whispered.

On 8/4/2019 at 1:41 AM, BringerofShadows said:

“Well duh, how do you think we met?” BoS finished the bottle of vodka, and summoned a new one. “Want some?” She said will crawling back over to the bars. 

The man ignored the bottle, looking at BoS with curiosity shining in his eyes.

"Did she speak to Star, too? Does she?'

On 8/4/2019 at 9:38 AM, Shard of Thought said:

Star glared again. She stood and approached Silence. "I. Am. Dead," she said curtly. "When your soul has been ripped apart the way mine has, you might as well be dead!" She started laughing again, then collapsed into sobs. "And I want to be..." she whispered.

Dramatic, said Silence. But I'm skeptical.