The Cosmic Battle to Save the Thread

BringerofShadows

11 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

"Who cares about this ship? At this point, the objective is to get me, Shadow, Butt, and Pheonix back to the timeline we belong in." Though, she added silently, I wouldn't mind ditching the drunkard.

"It's not the ship you should be worrying about. Right now, off the ship, there is no plot. When you leave, your thread will disintegrate."

10 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

"That could work. I know I have power over it, but I've never used it. I wouldn't know how to. I could potentially send a message, but... too much could go wrong in trying to transport an actual person."

Tom coughed. "Wouldn't work, I'm afraid- different Universes actually means different Multiverses. There are two Voids, you see..."

31 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"It's not the ship you should be worrying about. Right now, off the ship, there is no plot. When you leave, your thread will disintegrate."

Tom coughed. "Wouldn't work, I'm afraid- different Universes actually means different Multiverses. There are two Voids, you see..."

"Hmm..." Ember mused. She perked up. "Do you still have the serum that we used to get us across last time? Maybe I could take it to increase my powers to reach across to the other side telepathically. Then we could at least communicate with Star."

Tom opened his mouth to give an explanation of just why that was impossible, then hesitated. Communication between the Universes ought to be impossible. But did they know that?

"Perhaps," he hazarded. "But probably only if they try to contact us."

"The first thing we need to do," Tom declared, "is contact the others."

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

Tom opened his mouth to give an explanation of just why that was impossible, then hesitated. Communication between the Universes ought to be impossible. But did they know that?

"Perhaps," he hazarded. "But probably only if they try to contact us."

"The first thing we need to do," Tom declared, "is contact the others."

Tamika was about to ask for an explanation, but decided to hang back and listen and watch for now.

"So how are we going to do that?" Star asked. "There's only three of us."

1 minute ago, BringerofShadows said:

“Then how was I able to travel? I could send a message to her.” 

"The Void is strange."

12 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

Ember ripped away the cloud over Butt's mind. He was annoying, but she'd rather have him be sentient and pull his own weight. It was Pheonix she was most interested in. And, frankly, she was disappointed. This pale thing was Star's "true love?" 

“Ember? Or Star? No, wait. You have flaming armor. Sorry, I have a headache...what happened?” Butt asks.  “Did something happen? Did you willingly help me?” He asks with  skepticism.

1 minute ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

“Ember? Or Star? No, wait. You have flaming armor. Sorry, I have a headache...what happened?” Butt asks.  “Did something happen? Did you willingly help me?” He asks with  skepticism.

"We've been thrown into the wrong timeline. Star has been separated from us and we need to get to her. And yes. Shadow helped you because we all need to get back. Silence kidnapped you. From what I understand, he does that a lot."

1 hour ago, Shard of Thought said:

Tamika was about to ask for an explanation, but decided to hang back and listen and watch for now.

"So how are we going to do that?" Star asked. "There's only three of us."

"The Void is strange."

"I've learned a bit about scrying."

6 minutes ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

Tom's eyes widened. "No!" he cried with horror. "Put him back! Put him back now!"

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

"Cook, apparently," said Tom absently as he got out some mystic-looking equipment. "But I'm working on that."

"He's not supposed to be here. He could destroy everything!"

Tamika rolled her eyes. "He's got that right..." Star giggled. 

"So... what should we say? They have more people on their side."

"Shadow brought him from the Void, I don't understand what's so terrible."

1 minute ago, Shard of Thought said:

"Yeah, we can lose him," Ember decided. "For now, at least. I don't think Star would be very happy if we just left him here. Not that she could do anything about it..."

“Sounds good.” Chains came out of the deck, tying Butt down. BoS walked over to him with a hanker-chief and gagged him.  

There was a loud moan from inside the ship. Tom panicked, hurling Butt off the side and running back into the central cabin.

A few moments later, he emerged, tired and sweaty. "I think I've fixed it for now. But in the future remember this; he belongs to the chaos. Taking him out could have drastic consequences."

1 hour ago, Shard of Thought said:

Tamika rolled her eyes. "He's got that right..." Star giggled. 

"So... what should we say? They have more people on their side."

"Shadow brought him from the Void, I don't understand what's so terrible."

"Not really," said Tom. "If you think about it, all of the characters on that side have an analog here. The only ones extra are the ones that crossed over- Silence and his captives."

While he spoke, he unfolded a metal frame and set a stone bowl etched with carvings on top of it.