The Cosmic Battle to Save the Thread

BringerofShadows

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

If you think you deserve your punishment, why complain your fate?

"Because I'm looking for something better." She shook her head. "I hate you. You think you're so far above me, psychoanalyzing me and trying to pick apart my life like you actually care about whether I live or die."

Xino tugged at his chains, the shackles making a dull jangling with the sort of silent noise he'd begun to become all too familiar with. A noise that meant darkness, and death, and imprisonment. The same noise he'd been hearing for the past who-knew-how long as he continued his attempts to escape.

But he was getting somewhere. Every time he pulled on the chains, they slipped a little highe, exposing a little more of the signs on his palms and wrists. That gave him power- limited, true, but it was enough. Enough to heat the shackles, melting them ever so slightly, letting them expand just enough to slide a little bit farther up his hands.

It had been slow at first, but it was getting faster. Within a day, he supposed, he would get them off entirely. And then...

He smiled, and tugged a little harder.

Narrator Jay used his control over the Void to keep the screaming woman from moving too much. Her hands were bound behind her back and Luna attempted to gag her, but she bit his hand and he backed away. Her blue eyes were tinged red at the edges and looked around frantically. She was angry, yes, but in the same way that a newly caged animal might get aggressive - at the end of the day, in the depths of her heart, all she felt was fear. Jaywalk got off his throne and plucked Star’s black iron crown from off her head of frizzled blonde hair. She growled threateningly. 

“I’d be careful  if I were you,” a by-standing Narrator warned Jay.

“Oh, she can’t hurt me here,” he assured them. “Not in my domain.” Jaywalk waved his hand and her growls were cut off as she began to choke. Her eyes pleaded for air and her body quivered.  “Are you going to submit, Star?” After a few long seconds, her airways were unblocked again and she gasped.

“Never,” came her growled reply. She spit at his feet. 

“We’ll see about that.” With a snap of his fingers, Star was locked in a cage, her silver Shardplate having been replaced by a t-shirt and jeans. The cage was only just large enough to hold her; she could barely kneel with her back straight and not hit her head on the top. “Don’t bother Narrating. It’s locked with Silence. Anyway, have a nice existence.” As he left, Star scrambled forward, clinging to the bars. 

“THAT WAS NOT A FAIR FIGHT!” she yelled. “Come back and do it right! Jaywalk! Do it RIGHT!”  There was no response. Her hands slid down the bars to the floor and she bowed her back, sobbing. 

Star watched with solemnity. Of all the possible scenarios, she always went back to this one. The look on her own tortured face… it was like looking at a physical manifestation of her soul. The mutilated, tired, frightened child trapped within her. She paused the image in the puddle, zooming in on her doppelgangers eyes. They were overflowing with tears and anger. Was she like that sometimes? She shook her head slowly. No. She didn’t really hate anyone. Not even Silence. He just scared her to death. She sighed as the video started over again with a ripple. She would find Pheonix and she would get out of here with him and Shadow.

Edited by Shard of Thought