The Cosmic Battle to Save the Thread

BringerofShadows

Silence shrugged. You can leave, if you want, he said. But you'll have to leave her with me.

He gestured towards Shadow.

On 7/11/2019 at 2:33 PM, xinoehp512 said:

Silence stepped fully out of the portal, coming into view as he left the veiling effect. There's no need to have that attitude, he said with amusement. I have nothing but gratitude towards you for your creation of this oh-so-useful portal here. Yes, I will find this very useful.

Xino's eyes widened with horror. "No. No..."

Edited by xinoehp512

Star summoned a glistening silver sword to her hand. Though you could tell by the dark circles under her eyes that she was immensely tired, there was an unquenchable determination in her glistening blue eyes. "Shadow is not yours to touch. And neither is Pheonix."

The song Demons by Imagine Dragons works perfectly for Star. 

And Sky Full of Stars (Coldplay) could be Pheonix's song for Star. (talk about a perfect title) Speed of Love by Owl City works too, actually, though timid little Pheo is not nearly that forward. Sky Full of Stars is sweet and determined. Shards, now I'm thinking of that scene right after Star had tried to fight everyone. Pheonix came and talked to her and she gave him a big tearful hug. Best. Moment. Ever. I'll have to draw that when I get good enough. 

Edited by Shard of Thought

Sorry, sorry! I'll make this as quick as I can.

On 7/11/2019 at 3:01 PM, Shard of Thought said:

"No," Star growled. "You're going to have to go through me." 

On 7/12/2019 at 0:28 AM, Shard of Thought said:

Star summoned a glistening silver sword to her hand. Though you could tell by the dark circles under her eyes that she was immensely tired, there was an unquenchable determination in her glistening blue eyes. "Shadow is not yours to touch. And neither is Pheonix."

Silence sighed. I knew you were going to say that.

Xino's expression hardened. "Whatever else, you're not getting the portal."

He swung his sword upwards, shooting a wave of destructive energy at the portal and Silence.

With a movement so quick they could barely see it, Silence flicked out a gun and fired. There was a burst of dark light, and Xino's blast vanished.

Now that wasn't very nice, said Silence mildly. You should be more polite. Or would you rather I shoot you?

He raised the gun for emphasis.

10 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Silence sighed. I knew you were going to say that.

Xino's expression hardened. "Whatever else, you're not getting the portal."

He swung his sword upwards, shooting a wave of destructive energy at the portal and Silence.

With a movement so quick they could barely see it, Silence flicked out a gun and fired. There was a burst of dark light, and Xino's blast vanished.

Now that wasn't very nice, said Silence mildly. You should be more polite. Or would you rather I shoot you?

He raised the gun for emphasis.

Star had an idea. Xino was just a character. She could Narrate his actions, couldn't she? And if she could do that...

Xino and Star traded places, putting Xino and Shadow closer to the portal and escape. 

Edited by Shard of Thought

Might not want to bold that. Don't want to get confused with the multiple universes thing.

Silence looked at her, one eyebrow raised. Does that... help? he asked. Or were you just doing that out of frustration? Your friends will not be able to get past me, I assure you.

Xino's expression darkened and he raised his sword as if to swing it at Silence.

Silence held up a finger. Ah-ah-ah, Xino. You wouldn't want me to shoot you with this, would you?

He pointed the gun at Xino.

Powered by Narrativium, you see, he said. One shot, and you are cut from existence forevermore. Not an experience I would risk, if I were you.

Enough, said Silence with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

He fired once, destroying the forcefield, then shot another bolt at Star's sword. Besides him, Xino took the opportunity to escape, dodging around him, leaping at the portal- and crashing into a barrier stretching across it.

See? said Silence. You can't escape.

He snapped his fingers, and four mimes appeared around him. He gestured towards Xino and Star.

Go for it, he said.

The mimes grinned. One cracked his knuckles. Then they rushed to attack.

Star's blade shriveled to ash in her fingers and she let its remains fall to the floor. She glared at Silence. "You're going to pay for this," she muttered under her breath. She summoned another sword to her hands and screeched a battle cry, rushing toward the mimes. She swung at the first one's waist, a silver shield appearing on her forearm as she did so. 

The mime paused as Star attacked him, holding up his hands and conjuring an invisible wall between him and Star.

Two more mimes rushed Xino, who shifted Shadow to one shoulder to give him more room to swing his sword. Each mimed drawing a sword from a scabbard- and, as they ran, the swords appeared in their hands. They met Xino's blade in a clash of supernatural metal, knocking him back a step as they did so.

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

The mime paused as Star attacked him, holding up his hands and conjuring an invisible wall between him and Star.

Two more mimes rushed Xino, who shifted Shadow to one shoulder to give him more room to swing his sword. Each mimed drawing a sword from a scabbard- and, as they ran, the swords appeared in their hands. They met Xino's blade in a clash of supernatural metal, knocking him back a step as they did so.

Star took a page from Astral's book, melting to the floor in a puddle of her own silver essence. She went around the wall and curled up the mime's leg, then reformed and stabbed it through the back. She rushed to Xino's side to help him defend. 

The mime staggered forwards, collapsing against the wall. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, pain flaring in his chest.

The edges of the wound closed up, he hissed with the voice of a Narrator.

He pushed off the wall and mimed throwing a dagger towards Star. The dagger appeared midflight, skylight glinting off its deadly surface.

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

The mime staggered forwards, collapsing against the wall. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, pain flaring in his chest.

The edges of the wound closed up, he hissed with the voice of a Narrator.

He pushed off the wall and mimed throwing a dagger towards Star. The dagger appeared midflight, skylight glinting off its deadly surface.

Star took the dagger and pulled it out grudgingly. "You really think something like that is going to hurt me?" 

He grinned. "Not hurt you. Only slow you down."

Behind her, one of the mimes got in a lucky hit, slashing a nasty wound across Xino's arm. He dropped the sword and yelped. Flames shot out of the wound as his powers began to heal him, but it was too late- in that moment, the fourth mime had snuck up behind him and yanked Shadow off his shoulder.

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

He grinned. "Not hurt you. Only slow you down."

Behind her, one of the mimes got in a lucky hit, slashing a nasty wound across Xino's arm. He dropped the sword and yelped. Flames shot out of the wound as his powers began to heal him, but it was too late- in that moment, the fourth mime had snuck up behind him and yanked Shadow off his shoulder.

"No!" Star cried. She ran to the fourth mime and Narrated. Shadow regained consciousness.