The Cosmic Battle to Save the Thread

BringerofShadows

Tamika looked at Ember. She stood, stone faced, arms behind her back and did not move or even blink. The air seemed to ripple in her presence. She had to admit, Ember was a terrifying sight. Especially after seeing what she did to that poor girl from earlier, Heather. Though Tamika could not feel her emotional presence (being in different realities would do that) she did not seem to be evil or hateful. She just... did as she thought she should do and showed real guilt over her mistakes. She wanted to say something to her, but something made her hesitate. Fear. Awe, probably. She had no doubt that, even as a Shard, she would most likely be defeated by her if they fought. It was her mental energy after all, that had made it possible for them to speak to one another. "Ember," Tamika said. The Destroyer looked up with large orange eyes. Though they didn't have pupils, they were penetrating. "I'm Tamika."
Ember cocked her head. "No. You are Thought." 
Tami smiled. "I can be. But right now, I like 'Tamika' or 'Tami' better." 
"I do not understand."
"Thought is the name of my power. But underneath it, I'm just a person. Just like you." 
Ember seemed confused for a moment. "I am not human," she said after a moment of deliberation.
"Neither am I when it comes down to it. Doesn't mean you're emotionless or purposeless. You obey Star, is that correct?"
"Yes," Ember answered immediately. 
"But you can still make decisions on your own."
"I would choose to follow orders. I... am not worthy of judging for myself."
"But you judged that you're unworthy to judge and you judged who should govern you."
"I... Your riddles are wise. But I trust Star more than myself. That is all that matters."
Tamika smiled. "And you don't trust yourself because of your power."
Ember narrowed her eyes. "Are you in my mind? I cannot sense you."
"I don't have to be. I understand emotion. Not as well as I once thought, but still. Enough to see the pattern. You're afraid of your own power. But don't be. Everyone makes mistakes and those mistakes can teach you a lot more than successes. Just teach yourself to master it and don't be afraid of failure."
"But... what if failure means that someone gets hurt? What if.... What if either option ends with someone's suffering? Then what do I rely on?"
"Whichever feels right. Instinct is what happens when your mind just can't afford to think."
Ember thought for a moment. "I do not trust myself with decisions like that."
"Then look to Star's morals. She doesn't have to be your master. She could just be your role model." 
Ember nodded, thinking, but made no reply. 

Guys. Ember is a Skybreaker whose law is the moral compass of a Windrunner. Weird. 

Edited by Shard of Thought

6 hours ago, Inklingspren said:

“Who’s there?!” BoS stood up, spilling the wine while she wiped the tears off. She summoned a hatchet and held it over her head. Her bloodshot eyes were wide with fear. 

"Star and Xino. We're here to rescue you."

10 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

Star had an idea. "Heather," she said. "It's okay."

Shadow’s bloodshot eyes went wide. The hatchet fell over with a thunk. “How…?” She whispered. Surprise quickly became anger. “You know nothing.” BoS whispered with a mix of pain and resentfulness. She started throwing hatchets at where the voices had come from, while tears streamed down her face. Those quickly evaporated, becoming the fire of hatred in her eyes. 

11 hours ago, Inklingspren said:

“I…Must of had…too much wine.” BoS sighed. She seemed to, sober up a bit. “Go…Just leave me. There are more important people to rescue.” BoS dropped the hatchet to her side.

1 minute ago, Inklingspren said:

Shadow’s bloodshot eyes went wide. The hatchet fell over with a thunk. “How…?” She whispered. Surprise quickly became anger. “You know nothing.” BoS whispered with a mix of pain and resentfulness. She started throwing hatchets at where the voices had come from, while tears streamed down her face. Those quickly evaporated, becoming the fire of hatred in her eyes. 

Xinoehp sighed, incinerating each hatchet with a blast from his sword. "As much as I hate to admit it, you are in fact correct. There are more important people to rescue. Unfortunately, rescuing one of them requires you. So we will be taking you with us."

Xino jogged back over to where the portal- which he had veiled- lay. He'd taken a risk by coming here, he knew, but it seemed as though that had payed off. If Silence was going to have captured Shadow, he would have had to been faster. Of course, he could still show up; they weren't out of the woods yet.

"Here," said Xino, stopping at the location of the hidden portal, waiting for Star to catch up.

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

Xino jogged back over to where the portal- which he had veiled- lay. He'd taken a risk by coming here, he knew, but it seemed as though that had payed off. If Silence was going to have captured Shadow, he would have had to been faster. Of course, he could still show up; they weren't out of the woods yet.

"Here," said Xino, stopping at the location of the hidden portal, waiting for Star to catch up.

Star hurried over and crossed through. 

Silence stepped fully out of the portal, coming into view as he left the veiling effect. There's no need to have that attitude, he said with amusement. I have nothing but gratitude towards you for your creation of this oh-so-useful portal here. Yes, I will find this very useful.