The Cosmic Battle to Save the Thread

BringerofShadows

Xino continued. "Once it starts, we won't be able to talk- I can't really veil sound. I mean, in theory it doesn't matter, because we can't change anything, but it's usually a good idea not to tempt fate. So, no talking. Fortunately, I can send messages to you through the lenses, but unfortunately you won't be able to send anything back to me. Can you handle that?"

24 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Xino nodded. "Good. Now, we better stop talking- I think it's starting."

Star looked out, waiting for the scene to unfold.

Do we need BoS for this?

Also, Pheonix's story sounds like a Greek myth. He belongs to a god (Silence) and is punished by consorting with others, doing the opposite of what the god thinks is best for him. Star could be some sort of nymph, Pheonix a demigod or something. 

Edited by Shard of Thought

Oof. I left my phone at home on accident, sorry. Now I’m ready.

But I’m gonna add some stuff.

Heather wondered the ship, lost in thought. About Skylar, Star…Butt. She eventually stopped, and noticed a door peaking open. She peaked through, realizing it was a music room/recording booth. Yeah right. Heather kept walking. But the thought kept persisting. Maybe if you just sang something…Nobody will hear…She sighed, and stormed back to the room. She grabbed the acoustic guitar and sat down in the booth. The recording part was beyond her understanding, so she left it alone. Now what? Heather paused. You know it. She tuned the guitar, and began. 

Wait a minute, let me finish
I know you don't care
But, can you listen?
I came committed, guess I overdid it
Wore my heart out on a chain
Around my neck but now it's missing, hmm
Da-da-da-da-da-da
Da-da-da-da-da-da-da
Oh, hmm
So I think I better go
I never really know how to please you
You're looking at me like I'm see through
I guess I'm gonna go
I just never know how you feel
Do you even feel anything?
Da-da-da-da-da-da
Da-da-da-da-da-da-da
Oh, hmm
You said don't treat me badly
But you said it so sadly
So I did the best I could
Not thinking you would have left me gladly
I know you're not sorry
Why should you be
'Cause who am I to be in love
When your love never is for me
Me

Heather started to cry. She took a deep breath, and continued. 

Da-da-da-da-da-da
Da-da-da-da-da-da-da
Oh, hmm
So I think I better go
I never really know how to please you
You're looking at me like I'm see through
I guess I'm gonna go
I just never know how you feel
Do you even feel anything?

Heather let it out. She cried…Her guilt was becoming too hard to handle. She wasn’t just crying over Skylar…It was everyone she hurt. Marsh, Star, Skylar’s mother, the millions she's killed… Heather stayed their until her tears ran dry. 

Edited by Inklingspren

The air wavered for a brief moment. There was a bright flash.

A ship shimmered into existence, identical to appearance to the one that the pair had just left.

That's them, flashed across Star's vision. Ember, Shadow, Tom, you, me, Pheonix. Everyone. Even Silence.

A few minutes later, people began to disembark. Xino couldn't blame them- the ship's deck didn't look big enough to hold all those people.

Here she comes, Xino flashed. See?

Xino sent a message, regretfully; Remember, Star, you can't change anything. Focus on Shadow, for now.

The woman had paused briefly, but was now resuming her wandering path. Let her get a bit farther away, sent Xino, looking at the ship with a cautious eye. We'll act when the worlds split; that's when they would have been least likely to notice us.

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Xino sent a message, regretfully; Remember, Star, you can't change anything. Focus on Shadow, for now.

The woman had paused briefly, but was now resuming her wandering path. Let her get a bit farther away, sent Xino, looking at the ship with a cautious eye. We'll act when the worlds split; that's when they would have been least likely to notice us.

Star stayed close to Xino, but she couldn't stop staring at Pheonix. She felt tears come to her eyes. How could she have let him be stolen away? Again? She'd only continue to fail him, wouldn't she? And one day, he'd stop loving her. She'd probably missed her chance already...

Rereading TLT, I am lost as to what the canonicity of everything is. My disappearance really messed things up.

My only conclusion is that some of it is anachronistic. What, though, I couldn't say.

Reality began to tear, shimmering and twisting. Ahead, Xino could see the versions of Shadow split from each other, each wandering a different path. Slowly, the Prime one faded from view.

Now, sent Xino with urgency, beginning to stride after Shadow. Once we get close, we can speak again.